Worlds, 4CC, Junior Worlds teams, per USFS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Worlds, 4CC, Junior Worlds teams, per USFS

annzee703

Rinkside
Hallelujah! All 3 podium finishers in men's are going to Worlds. At long last some sanity on these "bye" requests (the only one that made sense over the years was Nancy Kerrigan's).

zschultz1986

Final Flight
Hallelujah! All 3 podium finishers in men's are going to Worlds. At long last some sanity on these "bye" requests (the only one that made sense over the years was Nancy Kerrigan's).

Uhhhh Michelle was a world medalist AND world champion in the quad that she petitioned. Pretty sure her petition makes sense to go in favor of a Hughes with not much experience.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
They're sending Nathan to Junior Worlds AND Senior Worlds? That'll be interesting.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just announced that Mirai is going to 4CC instead of Ashley

I wish I could say I was surprised. I'd love to know what's the story behind this because this looks kinda lame IMO but very typical.

calbskate

Rinkside
Just announced that Mirai is going to 4CC instead of Ashley

Wow I thought Gracie would skip 4CC and Ashley would go to establish herself as a solid contender again. (Not that she's not already a contender but i mean she's now a third ranked US female)

ozmodiar

On the Ice
Gracie needs more competition experiences so she can learn to stop tensing up and popping jumps

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Oh great. Ashley's gonna skip 4CC like last year to rest and still end up bombing at Worlds.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Oh great. Ashley's gonna skip 4CC like last year to rest and still end up bombing at Worlds.

Well honestly speaking, she was only 3 points behind Gracie and Polina ended up in 8th. All 3 bombed the SP at Worlds and both going and not going to 4CC did nothing to help the ladies. So maybe she just doesn't like 4CC, who knows.

I would have thought Gracie would have skipped so she can securely go to Worlds as #1 US lady, but maybe she's fired up from Nationals. Guess we'll have to see if this is a new start for her or will it be the same old.

lishazard

Rinkside
While I'm not the biggest Ashley fan, I don't understand why we should give her grief over her decision to skip 4CCs. Yes, I do think that she should compete more so she can give herself a fair chance in the SP, and I'm surprised that she didn't do Senior Bs this season per Liza T's strategy. However, both this year and last year, she announced very early on that she would not be going to 4CCs so that the alternates could prepare. I find that to be quite classy. In addition, perhaps Ashley is sitting out the 4CCs for the same reason Mao is - they are both among the oldest skaters on the senior scene, and they need to rest their bodies between big competitions.

And I think it's awesome that Mirai gets to go to 4CCs! I hope she does well there - top 5 would be great, if not a podium finish, so she can get 2 GP spots again. Does anyone else sort of see the poetic justice in this - Mirai and Ashley swapped their podium finishes from 2014 (bronze and pewter to pewter and bronze), but Ashley is giving Mirai one of her international assignments.

Skye

On the Ice
But Tyler did some international competitions during the fall for seniors. Won't those count?

As tinnychan pointed out, you can obtain minimum TES for JWC only through international junior events. Actually entries for international junior events up to Feb 21 are already closed, so I wonder whether USFSA is serious about sending Tyler to Junior Worlds...

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Just saw that.... he was put in a wheel chair.... is it too late to give Jason that bye? I think most would agree he fits the criteria better than Grant.

I'm just hoping it's like karne suggested, a cramp or a strain that really hurts right now but is temporary.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Just saw that.... he was put in a wheel chair.... is it too late to give Jason that bye? I think most would agree he fits the criteria better than Grant.

(1) I hope Nathan is not badly injured and will recover quickly. Wishing him the best.

(2) I am a Jason fan, but if USFS wanted him to be next in line, it should have named him as first alternate. It didn't.