Anna Pogorilaya | Page 40 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

deedee1

Record Breaker
Many congrats to Anna! :hb:

She's the winner in my heart. Suuuuch gorgeous :luv17:, brilliant :love:, determined :yes2:, powerful :rock: yet very sophisticated :eek::, out-of-this-world :yahoo: two perfect skates at the Worlds in Boston! :dance:
She already won the bronze medal at Saitama back in 2014 in front of my eyes (I attended the competition live), where she skated two fabulous programs but had to lose it against the reigning Olympic medalist..... So Anna is two time world medalist already for me now. :yes:

Not to mention, a PCS boost, and more respect, especially in Russia.

I sincerely hope so. Always makes me feel sad and uneasy to witness to see #3/#4 skaters to not get enough recognitions, respect and love by int'l judges. In the past Ilia Klimkin and Sasha Abt in Russia, Yukari Nakano and Nobunari Oda in Japan, or Polina Edmunds in the current US come to my mind... :(
Wish Anna to have a healthy, longer and successful career in the sport!

winky97

Medalist
She scored some major points with me. I was so worried about watching her live with the spills she has taken in the past and often referred to her as the third Russian, but it was great to see her performances. Good for her.

Lipea

Final Flight
Many congrats to Anna! :hb:

She already won the bronze medal at Saitama back in 2014 in front of my eyes (I attended the competition live), where she skated two fabulous programs but had to lose it against the reigning Olympic medalist..... So Anna is two time world medalist already for me now. :yes:

I actually thought she deserved silver in 2014. Lipnitskaia was also with a fall, and noone of tops skated clean LP except Anna.

Fanof

On the Ice
http://youtu.be/jdt0r5rPu54 I think the bouquet-bearer took advantage of his position!
http://youtu.be/yfJRxXM5N_I I don't understand a single word, what made her laugh at 13'02''?
Well, she has also improved a lot before the cameras! (I remember a video of her arrival back from EC15 where she looked so shy!)
Let me wish her to be able to smile her gorgeous smile just a little bit while she is skating instead of showing a stern face. And for next year's interviews after her success to come, may someone tell her to stop licking or biting her lips when she is being talked to!

sneakers

Match Penalty
Happy Birthday Anna, may you have a long career like Butyrskaya or Kostner

now that she's 18, can we call her sexy now ? :cheer:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Happy Birthday to Anna! I'd not paid too much attention to her before, I guess because the other Russian ladies were more in the limelight, but I became a fan after watching her programs in Boston. She had a stunning presence and expressed herself beautifully through her powerful skating and jumps without needing ott facial expressions or theatrics. Personally, I think she deserved silver.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Happy birthday Anna! :hb: Better & more beautiful with every year :hap10: