Anna Pogorilaya | Page 38 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Anna got her medal! :clap: I kinda think it should have been silver but at least she got one! SOOOOO proud of her. I always knew she would show the haters & doubters, the ones who said she would never even get to go another Worlds, that her time was up, etc. Nobody deserved this more than her. :)

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm so happy for her. I hope she's as proud of herself as we are! This may just as well inspire her to be more consistent. Who knows, she might just as well be the last Russian standing, if you know what i mean... :)

liv

Record Breaker
Awesome performance for her. I also hope that signals the arrival of the now consistent Anna. She has the talent, now she needs to remember how she competed here so she can repeat it in the future.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Her PCS was low tonight, but I'm so glad she won bronze!!!! Her FS at Europeans was so sad to watch, but her FS at Worlds tonight was everything for me.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Anna, yes I want to dance with you all night long! :luv17:

Congratulations, well deserved my queen!

спасибо!

R

rafapab

Congratulations Anna, you were divine.
I also think that you deserved the silver medal (6 points in components for Ashley it is a lot) but at least you are on the world podium.
Great Season , Podium in Russian , European and Worlds.
Wonderfull , Amazing

The Finn

Record Breaker
Anna got her medal! :clap: I kinda think it should have been silver but at least she got one! SOOOOO proud of her. I always knew she would show the haters & doubters, the ones who said she would never even get to go another Worlds, that her time was up, etc. Nobody deserved this more than her. :)

Yep, the reality is that if this competition would have been held somewhere else other than in U.S (and maybe Canada) Wagner most definitely wouldn't have got a medal, that is for sure. Luckily despite some of those BS scores Anna still got a medal which is HUGE for her.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm going to be hanging out here a lot more! As I mentioned, Anna blew me away when I saw the SP in person. I am thrilled she got on the podium and proved all her doubters wrong! Can't wait to see where she goes form here. :party2:

sneakers

Match Penalty
woooo, who said she was so inconsistent that she doesn' stand a chance of getting a medal :laugh15::taunt:
congrats Anna :hap10:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Congratulations Anna! I think you are robbed in PCS but you are on the podium, so I'm happy!

Poice

Final Flight
Thank you Anna! It would be great if this achievement will give her confidence boost for next season! :thumbsup:

UnNamed

On the Ice
Anna deserve that third place.
Her FS was not flawless, if she was able to do a clear program i'm sure she could surpass Wagner and win the silver medal, but at least she didn't fall.
Good job.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'll never get that image out of my mind of Anna lying her head on Medvedeva's lap in the green room, and the latter comforting her when she realized she went down to third place by Ashley Wagner. I felt so sorry for her, I really desperately wanted her to get that silver medal. Still, it was absolutely wonderful seeing her skate so well both days. :love:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Anna deserve that third place.
Her FS was not flawless, if she was able to do a clear program i'm sure she could surpass Wagner and win the silver medal, but at least she didn't fall.
Good job.

She was the 2nd best at Boston for sure but sadly in figure skating judges sometimes push hard for skaters who otherwise wouldn't have got a medal. At Boston they pushed american skaters harder than we have seen any skater being pushed for a medal for long long time.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Haha, she was the best in my books. She's going for the hardest combos, is fast, tall, exciting too watch and beautiful, everything what a figure skater should be imho. She's improved a lot over the last year. And still only 17 and I think we can be sure now that she'll be able to keep her jumps for the next couple of years. Those are going to be good years for her!