2016 Team Challenge Cup - Gen Info/Pre-chat | Page 77 | Golden Skate

2016 Team Challenge Cup - Gen Info/Pre-chat

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I have never used IN before, so could anyone tell me if this is the link where they will be streaming the event? Or is this just a a general info? http://web.icenetwork.com/schedule/2016/04/2016_team_challenge_cup

Log in first. Then, click on the watch live link on that page OR go to the home page:

http://web.icenetwork.com/home

Around the time the broadcast starts, the picture of Gracie Gold (or whatever picture is in that place on the homepage) will have a link that says watch live. Click on that link.

The most important thing: I am assuming you have already registered and paid the fee? If not, you won't be able to watch. If you have already paid, your confirmatory email may give you other instructions, so check that first.

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Yes, that should be where it comes on. Sometimes its so hard to find where to watch.

Great! Thank you :) It seemed like it should be there but I didn't know of there was supposed to be screen somewhere already, so wasn't sure about it

No. Don't go there. Log in first. Then, go to the home page:

http://web.icenetwork.com/home

Around the time the broadcast starts, the picture of Gracie Gold (or whatever picture is in that place) will have a link that says watch live. Click on that link.

I am assuming you have already registered and paid the fee? If not, you won't be able to watch. If you have already paid, your confirmatory email may give you other instructions, so check that first.

Oh I see, so it's from the homepage, thanks :)

Yeah, I have registered and paid the fee. The email they sent me doesn't have any instructions, is only a receipt. I had hoped there were instructions there or something.

Last edited:

tinlizzie

Final Flight
Great! Thank you :) It seemed like it should be there but I didn't know of there was supposed to be screen somewhere already, so wasn't sure about it

Yeah, I have registered and paid the fee. The email they sent me doesn't have any instructions, is only a receipt. I had hoped there were instructions there or something.

Uh oh, i didnt receive a confirmation email:palmf:

Tavi...

Record Breaker

You'll be fine if you forget to log on first it will prompt you so it's no big deal. The only thing is that after you log in it doesn't take you back to the stream automatically - just click on the logo at the top left and you will go back to the home page. Then just click on the watch live link again. It usually takes a while to load and buffers a bit. You can adjust the picture to full screen at the bottom right hand of the stream. That's really all you need yo know!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sooooo ... just curious:

I see that the detailed practice schedule for today (Friday) finally is shown on the TCC website:

Did it appear there in time to be helpful to anyone in Spokane with a practice pass?

I could swear that I had looked at the schedule page a few hours ago, and the detailed schedule was not there yet.

Please dont fall on your sword...we NEED you!
(Mrs P. ROCKS!)

Awwww, thanks, Chris.

Mrs. P definitely rocks :luv17:.
Wish she could go to every comp everywhere and report for GS.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
My Craigslist sale fell through. Looking for tickets. TuTU9678 mentioned transferring his/her tickets. Please call John 2533159592

Is it sold out? I thought I saw something that said they were selling tickets at reduced prices.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
It says you need a season pass to watch, so does that mean you can't just pay for this one time event.

If you are not geoblocked you can go directly to Ice Network and purchase a pass to watch this event only. It's USD 19.99 if you don't have a season pass.

Icey

Record Breaker
Am I the only one who thinks it makes no since for the single skaters to skate a short and free program, but the pairs don't , yet they are ask to split prize money without equal opportunity to earn it.

No, it does't make sense. Some of this has not been well thought out.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Vote counts?

I have the scoring and score calc laid out in the video and results threads, if that would be a help. Links to all relevant posts are in the OP.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/apr/23/john-blanchette-manufactured-team-challenge-cup-mi/

Some comments on the event and what place team events can have in the sport by freelance sports columnist John Blanchette in the Spokesman Review. He also wrote a few pieces for Ice Network.

Did they succeed? Well, to put it in skating terms, they always try the quad, but in this case landed a triple. The first three sessions drew 5,151, 6,425 and 5,919 – all of them still more than free football attracted across town at Albi Stadium, and this with an average ticket price of $85.

It’s curious that far more people flocked to the Arena in 2002 for arguably a less distinguished field. But the mavens from out of state – and country – who follow the circuit did not put this on the itinerary, especially with worlds having been on this continent just three weeks ago.

Icey

Record Breaker
Vote counts?

I have the scoring and score calc laid out in the video and results threads, if that would be a help. Links to all relevant posts are in the OP.

I meant the votes that determined which skaters would participate in the event? Have I misunderstood that such a thing was done?