2016-17 Splits & Partner Changes | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Splits & Partner Changes

Giselle

Medalist
I don't know how much this is relevant, but according to neveitalia basically almost all Italian ice dance teams have split or are on the verge of doing so (minis Cappellini/Lanotte and Guignard/Fabbri of course).... let's see what will happen there, right now it's kind of a very messy situation:slink:

If Komatsubara/Fabbri split I hope ANdrea tries out with Kavita!

peese

Medalist
Marc Andre and Andy retired, Brianna Del Maestro and Tim Lum split,

Umm...Marc Andre and Andi skated at our ice show on the weekend and are a couple off ice as well. We talked about new programs for next season so....

rosy14

Final Flight

There are Italian girls "alone", who have worked with Barbara Fusar Poli and her team, so it's probable Andrea will find one at home, assuming he will keep skating. Problems in Italy, and generally speaking Europe, is too few good male skaters in ice dancing in one single countries and, biggest problem of all, MONEY. And of course an American from New York can skate with NO legal issues with an American from California, while an European from, say, Finland, can skate immediately with an Italian. See what happened to Savchenko-Massot.
We have exported Italian female dancers in Hungary, Slovakia, France too...

rosy14

Final Flight
OK, so seeing as they don't have a Fan Fest, this seemed the most appropriate thread to post this in.

After announcing at the end of August 2015 that they were splitting, Carolina Moscheni and Ádám Lukács (HUN) announced at the end of March 2016 that they are re-uniting!!! :cheer: :clap: :points:

The newest announcement is so cute! :love:

The GS Member who tipped me off that they had returned said that they were now working with Marina Zueva. So, if this is correct, it could be interesting.

Incidentally, last Friday Carolina tagged herself and Ádám as being in Detroit.

I really liked them the first time round, so hopefully this second time round will be even better! :biggrin:

All the best Carolina and Ádám!

CaroLiza_fan
If I'm not mistaken, they train in Milan with the same teams ad Anna and Luca, who normally spend part of the Sspring and Summer with Marina in Detroit. So no real news.
s

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I don't like to post information I can't confirm with some kind of interview/article, but I think it's interesting and might be true: both Kirill Khaliavin and Sergey Mozgov are looking for new partners.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don't like to post information I can't confirm with some kind of interview/article, but I think it's interesting and might be true: both Kirill Khaliavin and Sergey Mozgov are looking for new partners.

Mozgov and Ilinkyh...

Well just tossing that one out there.

Russian Ice Dancing is its own super soap opera, isn't it?

:drama: :popcorn:

Hmm, the popcorn eating emoji is gone and I can't remember the code. Add that one too! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If I'm not mistaken, they train in Milan with the same teams ad Anna and Luca, who normally spend part of the Sspring and Summer with Marina in Detroit. So no real news.
s

Yes, I knew that they split their time between Milan (with Barbara) and Michigan. But, were they not with Igor before when they were training in America rather than with Marina?

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I can just hear sky_fly20 celebrating that Ksenia may be without a partner...

I'm connected with both Ksenia and Anna on Facebook, so I looked on there to see if there were any hints, and I couldn't find any.

I also looked on Ice Partner Search, and none of those 4 (Monko, Khaliavin, Yanovskaya, Mozgov) are on there. But, I don't think Russians use it anyway, unless they are looking for foreign partners.

HOWEVER, I did see a couple of familiar Russian names on there: Tatiana Kuznetsova and Semen Stepanov.

Could they be thrown into the mix here?

Andrea Fabbri is also on Ice Partner Search. Neither of the girls are, though.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Snow63

Record Breaker
I can just hear sky_fly20 celebrating that Ksenia may be without a partner...

I'm connected with both Ksenia and Anna on Facebook, so I looked on there to see if there were any hints, and I couldn't find any.

I also looked on Ice Partner Search, and none of those 4 (Monko, Khaliavin, Yanovskaya, Mozgov) are on there. But, I don't think Russians use it anyway, unless they are looking for foreign partners.

HOWEVER, I did see a couple of familiar Russian names on there: Tatiana Kuznetsova and Semen Stepanov.

Could they be thrown into the mix here?

Andrea Fabbri is also on Ice Partner Search. Neither of the girls are, though.

CaroLiza_fan

Because it's not official. But there is a LOT of serious talks.

- - - Updated - - -

Mozgov and Ilinkyh...

:drama:

Hmm, the popcorn eating emoji is gone and I can't remember the code. Add that one too! :)

It was my first immediate thought :laugh: We're thinking alike :) But not gonna happen.

rosy14

Final Flight
Andrea Fabbri has quite probably found the new partner, as per Neve Italia.
Moscheni/Lukacs might have changed coaches (from Agora to Forum) and so training with Zoueva and not Shpilband.
Xenia has serious back problems, so perhaps she's considering to leave forever (as per Zhulin).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Because it's not official. But there is a LOT of serious talks.

- - - Updated - - -

It was my first immediate thought :laugh: We're thinking alike :) But not gonna happen.

I know. But it makes so much more sense! Sorry you I/Z hardcore fans out there, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

LOL--this is why I so enjoyed scoring Ice Dancing with you.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Mozgov and Ilinkyh...

:drama:

The code is simply "popcorn" with : :.

(I have about half of them memorized on account of posting on my phone and wanting to put emojis in. :slink: I've done that so many time that my phone will autocorrect "biggrin" if I mistype it. :slink:)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The code is simply "popcorn" with : :.

(I have about half of them memorized on account of posting on my phone and wanting to put emojis in. :slink: I've done that so many time that my phone will autocorrect "biggrin" if I mistype it. :slink:)

Thank you! I am by inclination a Luddite. It took me years--years!--to get over a joystick being replaced by a mouse.

:confused2:

Ok, well maybe I'm exaggerating just a little.

:eek::

Thanks for letting me know the code. It's such a useful little emoji.

Wanted girl

Rinkside
Can you imagine Ilinykh and Mozgov skating together? Seriously? She is 164 sm, while he is 188 sm :slink:
The difference is only 3 sm less than Coomes/Buckland...

Please, please - I want Hurtado and Khaliavin skating together (if Ksenia is retiring)

Last edited:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I don't know how much this is relevant, but according to neveitalia basically almost all Italian ice dance teams have split or are on the verge of doing so (minis Cappellini/Lanotte and Guignard/Fabbri of course).... let's see what will happen there, right now it's kind of a very messy situation:slink:

I like the Italian junior dance team, Ghislandi & Ortenzi. They are a lot of fun and very expressive.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I know. But it makes so much more sense! Sorry you I/Z hardcore fans out there, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

LOL--this is why I so enjoyed scoring Ice Dancing with you.

We should apply for the next season as a team. It's not too soon, is it? :biggrin:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, as I heard, Monko/Khaliavin's problem is not only Ksenia's injury, but also some troubles with the Fed.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Yu / Jin and Peng / Zhang partner switch has been confirmed.

Guys, this is officially confirmed today.

Where did you see the confirmation?

Interview with the Fed leader, where he summarized this season's performance of the winter sports China national teams

http://card.weibo.com/article/h5/s#...23480&extparam=&from=&wm=0&ip=202.140.108.126

Boys, but they talk about a lot of sports! :drama:

Here's the figure skating bit:

花样滑冰项目,本赛季庞清佟健正式退役,花样滑冰完全由年轻队员挑起大梁,从成绩上看,隋文静/韩聪第二次在世锦赛上摘得银牌,金博洋为男子单人滑摘得铜牌,实现奖牌突破。任洪国认为,中国花样滑冰的年轻队员正逐渐成长起来,“隋韩连续两次获得世锦赛银牌,在难度上各方面都有提高,他们拥有抛四、捻四‘双四’,难度占优,而从本届世锦赛上看,他们的表演分是排在第一位的,证明隋韩已经取得裁判认可,只是自由滑难度上出现了失误,抛四周出现失误,单人跳失误,否则有可能会争夺金牌,目前来看,隋韩是具有竞争世界前三名的实力水平的。”

不过隋文静脚伤严重,所以决定本周进行手术治疗,而任洪国介绍说,两人在世锦赛后直接奔赴加拿大进行编排,目前节目都已经编排结束,脚伤手术之后,如果按照节点康复正常,应该不会影响下个赛季。而花样滑冰在世锦赛后也进行了调整,将彭程/张昊与于小雨/金杨的组合拆分,重新组合,任洪国介绍说,这也是借鉴德国、俄罗斯“强强联手”的成功经验,将于小雨与张昊搭档,而彭程与金杨组合。“这次世锦赛中国双人滑的成绩一般,需要做一些调整。”任洪国表示,尽管队员刚开始有点接受不了,但为了队伍成绩的提升,任洪国期待于小雨与张昊的组合能够尽快磨合,在明年世锦赛上冲击前六名。

男子单人滑的表现,任洪国同样用了“可圈可点”四个字,尽管是进入成年赛的第一个赛季,但金博洋表现惊人,首先凭借两站大奖赛的表现进入到总决赛行列,随后又在四大洲锦标赛与世锦赛上摘得奖牌,“金博洋在国际上影响力很大,大家都知道,男子单人滑非常难,金博洋能够收获奖牌,算是历史性突破。金博洋拥有世界上最高难度,且成功率稳定性特别高,很少出现失误,证明训练很到位。”任洪国说。而金博洋需要在表演上再提升,使得自己更有竞争力。同时,他认为金博洋的出现会为中国花样滑冰带来一个长足的促进。

And, courtesy of Mr. Google, the translation:

Figure skating this season, Pang Qing and Tong Jian officially retired, figure skating chops entirely by the young players, from the performance point of view, Sui Wenjing / Han Cong won a second silver medal at the world championships, Kim Bo Yang is male solo player won the bronze medal achieve a breakthrough. Ren Hongguo believe that the Chinese figure skating young players is gradually growing up, "Sui Han won two consecutive world championships silver medal in the difficult aspects have improved, they have thrown four or twist four 'double four' dominant difficulty, from the point of view the world championships, their performance score is ranked first prove that Han Sui has made the referee recognized, but made a mistake on the difficulty of the free skating, surrounded by throwing errors, single hop mistakes, otherwise may compete for the gold medal, now, it is the Han Sui competitive strength of the world's top three levels. "

But Sui Wenjing serious foot injury, so I decided this week, surgical treatment, and Ren Hongguo said, they went directly after the World Championships in Canada orchestrated the current programs have been arranged over, after foot surgery, according to the normal node recovery, it should not affect next season. And after the world championships in figure skating have also been adjusted, Peng Cheng / Zhang Hao and Yu Xiaoyu / Kim Yang combination of split, regroup, Ren Hongguo said, this is also from Germany, Russia's "strong combination" successful experience, will Yu with partner Zhang Hao, Cheng Peng and Yang combined with gold. "The World Championship Chinese pairs results in general, need to make some adjustments." Ren Hongguo said that although the team has just started a little can not accept, but in order to enhance the performance of the team, look forward to Ren Hongguo Zhang Hao of Yu combined with the run as soon as possible, in the next year the impact of the top six world championships.

Male solo player's performance, Ren Hongguo also used the word "remarkable" words, even though the first season entering adult game, but Kim Bo Yang amazingly, with the first two Grand Prix performance into the ranks of the finals subsequently won medals at the Four continents Championships and World Championships, "Kim Bo Yang a great influence in the international force, as we all know, male solo player is very difficult, Bo Yang able to harvest gold medals, considered a historic breakthrough. Kim Bo Yang has the world highest degree of difficulty, and the success rate is particularly high stability, very few mistakes, proof of training is in place. "Ren Hongguo said. And Kim Bo Yang need to enhance the performance, making themselves more competitive. At the same time, he believes that the emergence of Kim Bo Yang will bring a considerable boost to the Chinese figure skating.

Source: http://card.weibo.com/article/h5/s#...23480&extparam=&from=&wm=0&ip=202.140.108.126

I can't read Chinese, but I did make a couple of changes. Any time they mentioned Yu Xiaoyu, Google translated it as "in the rain" or just "rain". I changed it back to her name.

So, there you have it. No more speculation. It's happening.

And from the way Ren is talking, it is being done purely to help Zhang Hao back up the ladder. The talk is about Zhang and Yu, and the others are barely mentioned.

I like the guy (Zhang Hao), but this is not fair.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

sarama

Medalist
Chinese fed should really be ashamed....poor Xiaoyu!
For a long time I thought Anna and Sergei would save Russian ice dance! Apparently it will continue to be a lost cause...especially if they start rivaling US pairs with the number of splits :drama:

ahkeekee

Medalist
Maybe the partner-switching between yu xiaoyu/ Jin yang & peng cheng/Zheng hao is close to confirmation, someone said that yu and zhang have been training together for days

The Yu / Jin and Peng / Zhang partner switch has been confirmed.

Boys, but they talk about a lot of sports! :drama:

Here's the figure skating bit:

And, courtesy of Mr. Google, the translation:

Figure skating this season, Pang Qing and Tong Jian officially retired, figure skating chops entirely by the young players, from the performance point of view, Sui Wenjing / Han Cong won a second silver medal at the world championships, Kim Bo Yang is male solo player won the bronze medal achieve a breakthrough. Ren Hongguo believe that the Chinese figure skating young players is gradually growing up, "Sui Han won two consecutive world championships silver medal in the difficult aspects have improved, they have thrown four or twist four 'double four' dominant difficulty, from the point of view the world championships, their performance score is ranked first prove that Han Sui has made the referee recognized, but made a mistake on the difficulty of the free skating, surrounded by throwing errors, single hop mistakes, otherwise may compete for the gold medal, now, it is the Han Sui competitive strength of the world's top three levels. "

But Sui Wenjing serious foot injury, so I decided this week, surgical treatment, and Ren Hongguo said, they went directly after the World Championships in Canada orchestrated the current programs have been arranged over, after foot surgery, according to the normal node recovery, it should not affect next season. And after the world championships in figure skating have also been adjusted, Peng Cheng / Zhang Hao and Yu Xiaoyu / Kim Yang combination of split, regroup, Ren Hongguo said, this is also from Germany, Russia's "strong combination" successful experience, will Yu with partner Zhang Hao, Cheng Peng and Yang combined with gold. "The World Championship Chinese pairs results in general, need to make some adjustments." Ren Hongguo said that although the team has just started a little can not accept, but in order to enhance the performance of the team, look forward to Ren Hongguo Zhang Hao of Yu combined with the run as soon as possible, in the next year the impact of the top six world championships.

Male solo player's performance, Ren Hongguo also used the word "remarkable" words, even though the first season entering adult game, but Kim Bo Yang amazingly, with the first two Grand Prix performance into the ranks of the finals subsequently won medals at the Four continents Championships and World Championships, "Kim Bo Yang a great influence in the international force, as we all know, male solo player is very difficult, Bo Yang able to harvest gold medals, considered a historic breakthrough. Kim Bo Yang has the world highest degree of difficulty, and the success rate is particularly high stability, very few mistakes, proof of training is in place. "Ren Hongguo said. And Kim Bo Yang need to enhance the performance, making themselves more competitive. At the same time, he believes that the emergence of Kim Bo Yang will bring a considerable boost to the Chinese figure skating.

Source: http://card.weibo.com/article/h5/s#...23480&extparam=&from=&wm=0&ip=202.140.108.126

I can't read Chinese, but I did make a couple of changes. Any time they mentioned Yu Xiaoyu, Google translated it as "in the rain" or just "rain". I changed it back to her name.

So, there you have it. No more speculation. It's happening.

And from the way Ren is talking, it is being done purely to help Zhang Hao back up the ladder. The talk is about Zhang and Yu, and the others are barely mentioned.

I like the guy (Zhang Hao), but this is not fair.

CaroLiza_fan

Chinese fed should really be ashamed....poor Xiaoyu!
For a long time I thought Anna and Sergei would save Russian ice dance! Apparently it will continue to be a lost cause...especially if they start rivaling US pairs with the number of splits :drama:

The Chinese fed has no rationality and brains, YU JIN IS SUCH A GREAT PAIR!! HOW DARE THEY SPLIT THEM :( --> the chinese fed is here to destroy my dreams :(, i hate chinese fed!!