cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
From the other thread:
http://vpsfund.org/441-1/

Anna confirms she and Mozgov have split up
- Was carrying an injury this year, but that is not why they split and she does want to carry on skating
- She was completely surprised by the split, she had thought everything was fine and happy until he told her in April that the coaches had found him a new partner & they would be skating together from the next day
- Sounds like her parents had funded the partnership a lot, including finding medical treatment for Sergei.
- She will look for a new partner, but because of her height it will be hard

This is ridiculous. Have they learned nothing from 2 years ago? Y/M didn't have a wonderful season, but it was on par with what previous WJCs have done in the last 4 years, and they were hampered by injury. Betina is not in any way an upgrade from Anna, her posture is horrendous and any presentation is based on an expressive face rather than an ability to use her body. Most of all I'm shocked that Kustarova would let Anna be blindsided like this when she's seen (and given tons of interviews about) how difficult it was for Ruslan & Elena.

Maybe Mozgov has real reasons for wanting another partner, but why is it so impossible for these skaters to treat their partners with the slightest shred of decency?

I think Anna's best option is to try out with Khaliavin? And hope that he sees her & staying in Russia as a better option than switching countries.

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20160502/918525563.html
So here is a new couple Popova/Mozgov who will train in Kustarova's group.

I wonder what new partners Anna Yanovskaya and Yuri Vlasenko will have...

I guess we have another official split :(

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Have you read this :http://figureskating-online.com/anna-yanovskaya.html ?
I must say it is quite shocking. If what Anna says is true, then: what the hell is wrong with Russian ice dance? Yes, Y/M didn't have a wonderful first senior season, but in ice dance, it usually takes some time to reach a better level. Also, Russia is a big country which already has some more experienced couples. I really don't understand what and how this hapened, we will see if Sergey or coaches will say something more.

sarama

Medalist
Poor Anna! I hate it when partners are so mean to each other... there is nothing wrong with wanting to change partner, but be honest with somebody you've known for such a long time! And what is this trend of Russian JW champions in dance splitting all the time...I think only Domnina/Shabalin, Bobrova/Soloviev and Stepanova/Bukin have stayed together (at least for now)...:bang:
Also has recent history taught them nothing? The Ilinykh/Katsalapov/Zhiganshin/Sinitsina split has been kind of a failure IMHO (both original teams were better than what they are now), and the last two Olympic champions and the World champions are all teams who have skated together since they were little kids (I doubt it's a coincidence).... Anyway their lives their choices....:shrug:

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Popova/Mosgov?

(pause)

Mosgov...Popova?

(longggggggggggggggg pause)

(wait for it)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(deep breath)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(deep breath)

:popcorn:

(Well as soon as I catch my breath)

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Popova/Mosgov?

(pause)

Mosgov...Popova?

(longggggggggggggggg pause)

(wait for it)

(deep breath)

(deep breath)

:popcorn:

(Well as soon as I catch my breath)

I've just sent you a very interesting PM. And yes, it's true! I knew you will be happy! :rofl:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Is it true that Yuri Vlasenko deleted all the photos with Betina from his Instagram? I can't check it now. He seem to be pissed if that's true :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Whatever happened between Anna & Sergei, this is so tacky when he has yet to comment or thank her publically for everything that they achieved together.

It's more than tacky. It is a sign of a total lack of class.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Whatever happened between Anna & Sergei, this is so tacky when he has yet to comment or thank her publically for everything that they achieved together.

It's the timing that gets me...literally the same day these 2 interviews come out with Anna saying how hurt she is, they post all these pics? I don't really follow ice dance or know much about any of them, but it seems pretty cruel. And if they are an off-ice couple, well, good luck with that...

uhh

Medalist
It's the timing that gets me...literally the same day these 2 interviews come out with Anna saying how hurt she is, they post all these pics? I don't really follow ice dance or know much about any of them, but it seems pretty cruel. And if they are an off-ice couple, well, good luck with that...

The funny thing is, I remember Anna & Sergei giving an interview 2 years ago saying "we would never be involved, it only wrecks partnerships". Then I thought they might have been coupled up earlier this season, but I guess if that ever happened it's completely over now, and now maybe he is with Betina :laugh2: Just don't date your partner, kids!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
https://www.instagram.com/bet1nka/ They look quite satisfied with themselves...

I could never understood pepple who are happy that someone ditch their partner for them. If it so easy for them, wouldn't it be easy to ditch you as well (in the future)? :disapp: Anyway, I don't predict a great future for them. In Ice Dance it's usually the teams that skate together for many years that get to the top. Also, I'm curious how the split has gone for Yuri Vlasenko....

Last edited:

sarama

Medalist
Were all the pictures necessary?!?! I'm torn between being super sad about this all and slightly amused...Russian ice dancers always seem to be so good at creating real life soap opera...
And I absolutely don't know for sure but I thought that both couples were dating/romantically involved at one point or another and always feared that it could have destroyed their careers (now I feel like I jinxed them).... I could be totally wrong of course!

hanca

Record Breaker
Can you imagine Ilinykh and Mozgov skating together? Seriously? She is 164 sm, while he is 188 sm :slink:
The difference is only 3 sm less than Coomes/Buckland...

Please, please - I want Hurtado and Khaliavin skating together (if Ksenia is retiring)
Well, Popova is only 4cm taller than Elena, so not sure if that make that much difference.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Is it true that Yuri Vlasenko deleted all the photos with Betina from his Instagram? I can't check it now. He seem to be pissed if that's true :)

So I just checked and it's true, Yuri Vlasenko deleted all the photos with Betina Popova from his Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/zlodey7/

So I'm assuming they parted not on friendly terms. Betina sure seems happy to be a partner for Sergei. I bet Yuri have some bitter feelings right now :(

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
So I just checked and it's true, Yuri Vlasenko deleted all the photos with Betina Popova from his Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/zlodey7/

So I'm assuming they parted not on friendly terms. Betina sure seems happy to be a partner for Sergei. I bet Yuri have some bitter feelings right now :(

There's one pic on there which is beyond vulgar and qualifies for "Yes, I AM young and stupid."

Now Yuri should thank me for the immediate surge in people rushing to his instagram site. ;)

Snow63

Record Breaker
There's one pic on there which is beyond vulgar and qualifies for "Yes, I AM young and stupid."

Now Yuri should thank me for the immediate surge in people rushing to his instagram site. ;)

OMG. How did you even noticed? :rofl::rofl: I mean, it looks SO SMALL! I would never notice it myself :rofl:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Thank Goodness I never had Facebook or Instagram when I was young. I can't imagine how much Drama I was able to avoid by not having those sites in existence when I was young and stupid. The way my students used to react to being "Unfriended" what ever that means. One of my students posted a picture of a party that she didn't invite the whole team to and.........:drama:

She later pulled the picture and said something like....."I didn't get enough "LIKES" for the party picture so I took it down and I'm never having another party as long as live"

Good Grief!! :palmf:

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Were all the pictures necessary?!?! I'm torn between being super sad about this all and slightly amused...Russian ice dancers always seem to be so good at creating real life soap opera...
And I absolutely don't know for sure but I thought that both couples were dating/romantically involved at one point or another and always feared that it could have destroyed their careers (now I feel like I jinxed them).... I could be totally wrong of course!
At least it would be a reason if they're romantically involved.
Maybe they pair them up too late in Russia. If you pair them up before they turn 10, 11 it's very unlikely that they ever get romantically involved with one another. They feel more like siblings then. But could we live without the Russian Ice Dance drama? :sad21: