2016-2017 State of Canadian Figure Skating | Page 70 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 State of Canadian Figure Skating

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
oh well gals and pals, it's all fine anyways... TGee elaborated post has served to educate me further ;) it's always a good thing :)

so anyone competing this weekend? because it will be without me... i am on tour... so normal sleep schedule pattern is a must...

TGee

Record Breaker
oh well gals and pals, it's all fine anyways... TGee elaborated post has served to educate me further ;) it's always a good thing :)

so anyone competing this weekend? because it will be without me... i am on tour... so normal sleep schedule pattern is a must...

Not seeing any international events for Canadians this week[end].

[1] It's the Nordics, a kind of all Scandanavian ISU event. A few non-nordic entries are in there, including Carolina Kostner, but none from Canada.

[2] The other ISU competition is the Cup of Tyrol in Austria. Kind of an all along the Danube entry list, with a few outliers from the UK, Turkey and Italy.

But I'm really hoping that someone will get some more of the Barvarian Open videos up so I can have a nice relaxing time enjoying them. Junior pairs, I want to see the junior pairs...[full toddler moment here....]:gaah:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not just his looks. It helps that he has a heart, a soul and a brain.

well.. .let's not turn this into a canadian politics thread ;) Mr Trudeau has his issues too... promises not being met....(environment, proportional representation) etc....

but I sure will agree to say that we like him better than the previous dude we had.... so that's that...

mrrice, stop highjacking this thread with everything canadian LOL... we know you wanna move up north... just do it ;) Osmond4gold has set up a welcome committee for you.

TGee

Record Breaker
well.. .let's not turn this into a canadian politics thread ;) Mr Trudeau has his issues too... promises not being met....(environment, proportional representation) etc....

but I sure will agree to say that we like him better than the previous dude we had.... so that's that...

mrrice, stop highjacking this thread with everything canadian LOL... we know you wanna move up north... just do it ;) Osmond4gold has set up a welcome committee for you.

mrrice....Just please listen to Mango, and don't get dropped off in Minnesota by a taxi 4 km from the border and attempt to wade through fields of waist deep snow in inadequate winter gear.

That said, Winnipeg MB is a really happening place for ballet. Royal Winnipeg Ballet company and school are very good, and the community is good and diverse too. Sometimes referred to as a better place to live than visit since it's small.

And Mango has now let us know that they have good synchro teams there....;)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
:eek:topic: Canadans.......Your Prime Minister has become a heart throb in the US. Not since Genie Bouchard has a Canadian become more popular for their looks than what they actually do for a living. Is he a heart throb in Canada? http://prod.static9.net.au/_/media/Network/Images/2017/03/01/15/38/Justinhoney.jpg

He has seriously gone Viral here in the US. This photo was on the Cover or our paper........:drama:
A hearthrob compared to Donald Trump???? Let's see if those Canadians can beat Nathan Chen or Ashley Wagner or the Shibsibs (oops that might be too late). But seriously it is a pretty cool battle going between Canada and the Americans.

The wonder boy against the fading star. The Shibsibs look like it might be their time only to be thwarted by Virtue and Moir. the poised and competitive Wagner against feisty Gabby and the gregarious Osmond. And the battle of the a pairs - if the us do well and beat some of the canadian teams they could gain three spots. Last year was a bit of a disaster.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
TGee I thought your post was fine. I think there may have been some confusion in interpreting it.

As for varsity skating...I only know that some university synchro teams compete around Canada. Like University of Mantioba's Ice Intrepid came to Winterfest in Mississauga. Alma Moir mentioned varsity skating in her podcast with Pj Kwong. She used to skate in university, and I think she's still involved.

It's great to see some familiar names who are continuing to skate as they grow up and move on to post secondary education. The skates don't have to be put away when you head off to uni.

The Moir twins have been a long term fixture at synchro competitions. Ilderton may be a small town, but they have a huge presence in Ontario synchro. They field teams in almost every category, which is remarkable simply because the London Skating Club is within close proximity, and they also have a large synchro organization. Both clubs usually have several chartered bus loads of skaters at competitions, meanwhile there I am carpooling like a sucker. :p

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
The Moir twins have been a long term fixture at synchro competitions. Ilderton may be a small town, but they have a huge presence in Ontario synchro. They field teams in almost every category, which is remarkable simply because the London Skating Club is within close proximity, and they also have a large synchro organization. Both clubs usually have several chartered bus loads of skaters at competitions, meanwhile there I am carpooling like a sucker. :p

That sounds like so much fun! It must be great to be part of the community and share the ice together. Would you be willing to share any funny or interesting stories?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I know from last season we had some Biloguin (Segudeau??) fans so I want to share this little cute pic: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQl6EM-jVAG/

I must not ship, but I can't help admire their level of friendship. :)

charlie is very sweet... saw him with his family and he was so well behaved, nice, poised, just hanging out with what could have been his grandparents or whatever... just a cute nice, young gracious boy... i am sure he didn't mind the "abuse" julianne put him through LOL...

I just want them to fulfill their potentials... i have been having "dark thoughts" about them.. like the rogozine kind ... sigh.... :drama:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Uh, yeah, my kid is competing on Saturday; the WOS Futures competitions are this weekend. And you call yourself a skating fan. :laugh2:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
charlie is very sweet... saw him with his family and he was so well behaved, nice, poised, just hanging out with what could have been his grandparents or whatever... just a cute nice, young gracious boy... i am sure he didn't mind the "abuse" julianne put him through LOL...

I just want them to fulfill their potentials... i have been having "dark thoughts" about them.. like the rogozine kind ... sigh.... :drama:

He does seem to get along really well with his sis. They post some funny photos together. :)

I have had some dark thoughts about Nic as well. The injury man...in some ways, it's good he stayed junior. But he's lost so much training time. If he had a full, healthy season under his belt then who knows what he would have accomplished this season. Now he has one shot at the JWC title before he heads into his debut senior season. And who knows what will happen next season. GP spots, a shot to go to the Olympics, the 4Lo & 4Lz...too many things to think about.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
That sounds like so much fun! It must be great to be part of the community and share the ice together. Would you be willing to share any funny or interesting stories?

I'm drawing a blank. Ack. Putting me on the spot here. ;) There's gotta be something I think of... Well no matter what category an Ilderton synchro team is in, there are always a guarantee that you'll see at lleast two skaters with the last name Moir on the roster, and it's always one of four Moirs listed as the coach. I'm starting to think that entire town is made up of Moirs, and Tessa just happened to be in the right place at the right time to end up paired with Scott, LOL.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
He does seem to get along really well with his sis. They post some funny photos together. :)

I have had some dark thoughts about Nic as well. The injury man...in some ways, it's good he stayed junior. But he's lost so much training time. If he had a full, healthy season under his belt then who knows what he would have accomplished this season. Now he has one shot at the JWC title before he heads into his debut senior season. And who knows what will happen next season. GP spots, a shot to go to the Olympics, the 4Lo & 4Lz...too many things to think about.

+ 4T ... so many quads :) go nic go!!!!