2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA, Info | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA, Info

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Planet tickets ordered! I found a more timely flight to SFO (I would have had a longer layover for the flight to SJC) -- so I decided that I'm going to spend the morning in SF and then head down to San Jose in the afternoon. So excited cause there's a really good ice cream shop there (I have a slight obsession, LOL.)

I loved visiting the Walt Disney Family Museum last year when I managed to visit SF... but the ride over there and back nearly killed me. I can't stand bridges.

auser

Record Breaker
Close to officially pulling the trigger! Going to buy plane tickets in the next day or so (and I have a $125 voucher from Alaska, so it will be really affordable!) and buy Championship weekend + Men's SP/Short Dance.

Going to arrive Thursday afternoon and leave Monday morning. Also going solo. Mr. P, bless his heart, has agreed to take care of (Very active, doesn't really stop for a minute) Toddler P for a few days so I can get a momcation. WOOOOO.
Of course you would find the most excellent husband :bow:. Have fun Mrs P :hap10:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
... but the ride over there and back nearly killed me. I can't stand bridges.
You and me both. Its the height. I have no problem flying commerically or even when I am at the controls, but riding a motorcycle in a strong gusty side wind across a high bridge over the Columbia River turns my hair white.
The worst is Deception Pass Bridge on a windy day.....
http://wanderinglens.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Deception_Pass_Bridge-1.jpg
Looking forward to seeing Frisco and Fisherman's Warf before the Comps.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Has anyone been to the SAP recently? I can't even remember if they have wifi for fans! In the frequently asked questions there is a list of prohibited items which includes "ipads" :eeking: I don't know if that prohibited item is actually banned or not but it scares me a little.

Everlann

Spectator
I was to the SAP ~month ago, on Sharks game. Phones were not prohibited for sure and I don't remember that I heard anything about prohibiting ipads.

Meanwhile, can somebody tell me where can I sell tickets I already bought? It turned out that I will be out of San Jose in January :( And "Sell" button is blocked in ticketsmaster.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I was to the SAP ~month ago, on Sharks game. Phones were not prohibited for sure and I don't remember that I heard anything about prohibiting ipads.

Meanwhile, can somebody tell me where can I sell tickets I already bought? It turned out that I will be out of San Jose in January :( And "Sell" button is blocked in ticketsmaster.

People offer tickets for sale in this section of Golden Skate.
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?115-Figure-Skating-For-Sale

We do not guarantee anything about these sales. People usually conduct their negotiations by PM (private message).

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?115-Figure-Skating-For-Sale

Sjs5572

Final Flight
I am staying at the Hilton Santa Clara from Jan 3rd to 8th, and renting a car out of SFO. I can pick up (drop off) a few people at their hotels on the way to (coming back from) the SAP Center. FYI, I usually attend the whole event, starting from the first skating group. Private me for my contact info if interested.

I am also trying to get a dinner together on Saturday evening after the Men's Free Skate. I have a 30% coupon for "The Sizzle Spot." It's a Vietnamese teppanyaki restaurant with good reviews, about a ten minute drive from arena. I was thinking that an 8:15 PM reservation would allow us enough time to get there. BTW, I can bring four skating fans in my car and drop four people off at their hotels after the dinner. Oh, for those who were at Boston Worlds, I was the guy who organized the dinner at the Italian restaurant. Anyway, private me if interested!

http://www.sizzlespotworld.com/

P.S. I won't make the mistake again of betting against "Mrs. P."

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
Has anyone been to the SAP recently? I can't even remember if they have wifi for fans! In the frequently asked questions there is a list of prohibited items which includes "ipads" :eeking: I don't know if that prohibited item is actually banned or not but it scares me a little.

I'd be okay with iPads being banned because people use them to take pictures/video and it can turn into a visual obstruction to those sitting around them.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I recall in St. Paul a professional photographer would stand in the aisle next to our seats and with his huge camera, block our view of the skaters as they came down towards us. He claimed he was "allowed" to do that and we were "not supposed to be sitting there"!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'd be okay with iPads being banned because people use them to take pictures/video and it can turn into a visual obstruction to those sitting around them.

Yes, ipads can be a problem as can be any type of tablet which might be used to record the event. I don't get why they only specify "ipads". If I show up with my 7 inch Amazon Kindle Fire will I be told I can't bring it in? What about some of the Samsung tablets and phones which are large? Any way, at this point I don't know if I will be well enough to attend so it may not matter to me at all.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yes, ipads can be a problem as can be any type of tablet which might be used to record the event. I don't get why they only specify "ipads". If I show up with my 7 inch Amazon Kindle Fire will I be told I can't bring it in? What about some of the Samsung tablets and phones which are large? Any way, at this point I don't know if I will be well enough to attend so it may not matter to me at all.

sorry to hear that :( hoping you'll be able to attend!

nguyhm

On the Ice
I am staying at the Hilton Santa Clara from Jan 3rd to 8th, and renting a car out of SFO. I can pick up (drop off) a few people at their hotels on the way to (coming back from) the SAP Center. FYI, I usually attend the whole event, starting from the first skating group. Private me for my contact info if interested.

I am also trying to get a dinner together on Saturday evening after the Men's Free Skate. I have a 30% coupon for "The Sizzle Spot." It's a Vietnamese teppanyaki restaurant with good reviews, about a ten minute drive from arena. I was thinking that an 8:15 PM reservation would allow us enough time to get there. BTW, I can bring four skating fans in my car and drop four people off at their hotels after the dinner. Oh, for those who were at Boston Worlds, I was the guy who organized the dinner at the Italian restaurant. Anyway, private me if interested!

http://www.sizzlespotworld.com/

P.S. I won't make the mistake again of betting against "Mrs. P."
I was at the dinner in Boston, it was really nice - sorry I had to leave early. Thank you so much for organizing the dinner after the men's free skate, it sounds lovely. I will finalize my plans and pm you if we can attend. Mrs. P. is planning something as well (for after every event lol).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I was at the dinner in Boston, it was really nice - sorry I had to leave early. Thank you so much for organizing the dinner after the men's free skate, it sounds lovely. I will finalize my plans and pm you if we can attend. Mrs. P. is planning something as well (for after every event lol).

LOL. I'm willing to let someone else organize for one night. :)

mrrice

Record Breaker

Yikes....I was planning to do some blogging in the food court....If I have an IPad, will they take it if I try to bring it in? What about a laptop?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yikes....I was planning to do some blogging in the food court....If I have an IPad, will they take it if I try to bring it in? What about a laptop?

The info I posted is from the SAP website. I don't actually know what the policy will be for Nationals. Here is a link: http://www.sapcenter.com/guest-services/arena-faqs I guess you could call customer service or try sending the 2018 Nationals website a question about laptops (which are not mentioned as being prohibited) and ask if ipads will be allowed.

Carolla5501

On the Ice

I'm reminded of the idiot using her iPad to take video of fireworks at Disney who dropped it shattering the screen. She did not get much sympathy from those of us whose view she had been blocking.