2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA, Info | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2018 U.S. Nationals in San Jose, CA, Info

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm reminded of the idiot using her iPad to take video of fireworks at Disney who dropped it shattering the screen. She did not get much sympathy from those of us whose view she had been blocking.

don't EVEN get me started on those idiots in Disney... they also typically are the morons who keep the flash on when they take pics of the fireworks :mad:

Yikes....I was planning to do some blogging in the food court....If I have an IPad, will they take it if I try to bring it in? What about a laptop?

I assume for the iPad they would give you the same answer as for prohibited cameras:
When cameras are prohibited, guests are encouraged to take them back to their car or check them in at the entrances.

As for laptops, I'd message the SAP Center through the event website and see what they say. I've got to figure out what they will allow camera wise as I'm pretty sure my camera does not hold up to the SAP Center rules, but they said in their FAQ that it's at the discretion of the event promoter... ugh... I may be packing two separate zoom lenses...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Any way, at this point I don't know if I will be well enough to attend so it may not matter to me at all.

MFarone, I hope you will be able to attend :ghug:.

For you and others who have found ice-dance.com's version of the Nats schedule to be helpful, here is the 2018 edition (tentative as of Dec 10):

For those not familiar, ice-dance.com's format has one page per day.
Separate columns on each daily page show the schedules for each of the three rinks (SAP Center; Solar 1; Solar 2).

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'll be getting tickets today and I'd like to know if there's a section that any of you would recommend? There will only be 2 of us so, I'm hoping we'll be able to get seats in a decent section. We're hoping to go to Ladies and Men's free programs.

Bag of Goldfish

Rinkside
I bought the all-event tickets, but have not received them yet. Has anyone received their tickets yet?

Looking forward to meeting people. I had fun at Boston Worlds.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
A poster on FSU reported that she discovered quite by accident that there are Practice Passes for all event ticket holders for SAP Center for January 2 - 7 which must be printed out. She had printed her tickets when she received the email and now has to go back into the SAP Center website and print out the Practice Passes. If you have already printed your all event tickets I would suggest you check and make sure that you have the additional Practice Passes so you can print them out if you need them.

I find it interesting that the dates given are January 2 - 7 since the schedule shows events at SAP on Monday January 1. Now I'm wondering if fans will be permitted into SAP on January 1.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
A poster on FSU reported that she discovered quite by accident that there are Practice Passes for all event ticket holders for SAP Center for January 2 - 7 which must be printed out. She had printed her tickets when she received the email and now has to go back into the SAP Center website and print out the Practice Passes. If you have already printed your all event tickets I would suggest you check and make sure that you have the additional Practice Passes so you can print them out if you need them.

I find it interesting that the dates given are January 2 - 7 since the schedule shows events at SAP on Monday January 1. Now I'm wondering if fans will be permitted into SAP on January 1.

Just bought my tickets today. I couldn't get the online option to work so called. I asked about the practice passes and "Eric" told me they were downloaded about 3 days after the tickets. I let him know that the practice passes were the reason we bought all-event packages in the first place - that they are gold. I hope people will find theirs and not show up with tons of tickets printed and no practice pass. That could be ugly.

PS - They are mailing mine to me.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Just bought my tickets today. I couldn't get the online option to work so called. I asked about the practice passes and "Eric" told me they were downloaded about 3 days after the tickets. I let him know that the practice passes were the reason we bought all-event packages in the first place - that they are gold. I hope people will find theirs and not show up with tons of tickets printed and no practice pass. That could be ugly.

PS - They are mailing mine to me.

Do you have any idea why no practice pass was mentioned for Jan. 1 at SAP. There are practices listed for SAP for Jan. 1. Maybe fans won't be permitted to attend those practices???

temadd

Final Flight
Do you have any idea why no practice pass was mentioned for Jan. 1 at SAP. There are practices listed for SAP for Jan. 1. Maybe fans won't be permitted to attend those practices???

I got the all event tickets and printed out all my tickets. There are day passes and practice passes for every day including Jan 1 at SAP and Solar4America

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Just talked to Eric at SAP (very helpful guy). He is aware that there is not a practice pass for Jan 1st. As of now, the day pass for Solar Arena will be good for entrance into SAP for practices on January 1st. If the situation changes (if they issue a separate practice pass), he will try to let me know.

He also said they saw the first practice schedule today (not the one we have seen posted by Sylvia, dated 11/18). It sounds like there is an update (probably one of several coming).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Does anyone know if any of the hotels have shuttles between them and the SAP center? Thanks in advance!

when I booked through the event website this past summer I asked that question of th eperson handling the packages and she acted like that was the weirdest question ever and suggested the public transit. :no:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the info about the practice passes. Indeed, they were not listed when I originally printed my tickets last week.

SAP Center should really email their customers to tell them about the practice passes being separate from the regular tickets. I prefer how they did with Skate America and Skate Canada, where the ticket doubles as a practice pass.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info about the practice passes. Indeed, they were not listed when I originally printed my tickets last week.

SAP Center should really email their customers to tell them about the practice passes being separate from the regular tickets. I prefer how they did with Skate America and Skate Canada, where the ticket doubles as a practice pass.

I am with you. I just returned from an 18 day trip and this blind sided me. Their system is set up for people buying one ticket to see "Dicky Doo and the Don'ts" concerts. Not Competitions. I fear chaos at the ticket office for those not on forums.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
when I booked through the event website this past summer I asked that question of th eperson handling the packages and she acted like that was the weirdest question ever and suggested the public transit. :no:

I still contend that something is rotten in Denmark. I am not using the 55 buck supershuttle. In San Diego it was $10 for two miles. Uber was $3.85. I have used Uber twice now on my mission to the Sandwich Islands and I love it. I bet it works fine to get around in San Jose. Its so simple even I can use it.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I recall in St. Paul a professional photographer would stand in the aisle next to our seats and with his huge camera, block our view of the skaters as they came down towards us. He claimed he was "allowed" to do that and we were "not supposed to be sitting there"!

You are too nice a person. They (usually) have their own areas and seating photog section. But I have seen acceptions. I would have called ushers/security. USFSA policy dictates that any camera that interfers with a fan's enjoyment is not allowed. I have been away so I havent seen the camera policy yet for this event. Has anyone? Imagine watching a Play and someone comes down next to your seat with a SLR machine gun and starts shooting it off in your ear....

(Found it. USFSA media guide, 2018, Page 4. credentialed media and photographers.)
"Photographers who do not shoot from their assigned locations will have their credentials revoked."