Yuna Kim | Page 256 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

Kara

Final Flight
I pray everyday she'll do Homage to Korea.:sad21: It's too glorious of a program to be shut away forever and it's the home Olympics! I don't even care about the jumps, she can just do doubles or singles and I'd be happy to see her on the ice and do that spiral on that moment.:pray:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Yuna has not repeated a program in her entire career other than El Tango from Junior to Senior transition program.

I am kind of greedy, but I would love to see something new that is totally Yuna and remind us why we fell in love with figure skating and her in the first place. Not to do with the scoring but have everything to do with what she can bring to the ice that made her unique, special and simply irreplaceable.

But on the other hand, I shouldn't be so greedy... so everything is fine with me :biggrin:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
She has said in an interview recently that she hasn't been skating since she retired so it would be really difficult for her to skate a gala or something. That wasn't the exact words, and it was translated from Korean, so I don't know... But as always, she looked done with skating. I don't think she will skate at the Olympics at all. Too much pressure, even without jumps.
Honestly, I try to accept the fact that we may never see her skate again. And I'm ok with it, although it is a bit sad. But she deserves to rest. She deserves to have a more calm life, without the pressure of skating.
So I'm ok if she doesn't put on the skates at this OG.
Now, one thing I'll be really surprised if it doesn't happen is if she is not the one awarding the medals in the ladies event. And yes, I want her to give the medals not the flowers! Then we would have interesting and cute photos of her and the medalists interacting. [emoji7] I'd also love to see her in the Men's ceremony as well, but that's probably a long shot.

She has said in an interview recently that she hasn't been skating since she retired so it would be really difficult for her to skate a gala or something. That wasn't the exact words, and it was translated from Korean, so I don't know... But as always, she looked done with skating. I don't think she will skate at the Olympics at all. Too much pressure, even without jumps.
Honestly, I try to accept the fact that we may never see her skate again. And I'm ok with it, although it is a bit sad. But she deserves to rest. She deserves to have a more calm life, without the pressure of skating.
So I'm ok if she doesn't put on the skates at this OG.
Now, one thing I'll be really surprised if it doesn't happen is if she is not the one awarding the medals in the ladies event. And yes, I want her to give the medals not the flowers! Then we would have interesting and cute photos of her and the medalists interacting. [emoji7] I'd also love to see her in the Men's ceremony as well, but that's probably a long shot.

Yeah, and if she falters, I won't be shocked if her critics ream her for not being perfect *yet again*. -_- And the pressure for doing a good gala for her country's pride, again, too! I think she won't, and it's fine. Time to think of yourself at some point. And she's done more than enough for the home Olympics.

Watching Yuna's exhibition performance uploaded by the Olympic channel on Youtube... I realised that she is perhaps the only skater who didn't even need to do anything flashy while skating. Just her and the ice. Her presence is enough to make it special.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Also, I thought that out all of Yuna's phenomenal competition costumes, her Les Mis costume is really a piece of art. It really speaks to the music piece while being elegant and ethereal at the same time, without any hint of being tacky.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why did that lady make Yuna do all the work :mad:

I'd much rather see her do the work and then for Yuna to be the one to share the smoothie with me :cool:

My god is that lady annoying. Not even Yuna can hide it.

Also, smoothie? Really? Yuna just said that you should eat whatever you like! I mean, that's probably going to wash right off after practice, anyway, so you need energy, right?

And then she said smoothies make sense before practice to avoid awkwardness. :p