Yuna Kim | Page 258 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
For some reason I remember someone else posting this in another thread in a negative context. :rolleye:

At first I was puzzled by chopinskate's post here in the FanFest where fans should gush over Queen Yuna's beautiful skating but the post is nothing like a fan's admiration? On the other hand, s/he seems to be a big fan of her given her/his posts elsewhere. However, my mystery was solved after reading some thread of the 4CC event as I got that chopinskate accidentally left the post here instead of to the destined thread. Well, we have an instruction like "Don't feed trolls", so leaving the post here may be better. ;)

rikaquegira

On the Ice
At first I was puzzled by chopinskate's post here in the FanFest where fans should gush over Queen Yuna's beautiful skating but the post is nothing like a fan's admiration? On the other hand, s/he seems to be a big fan of her given her/his posts elsewhere. However, my mystery was solved after reading some thread of the 4CC event as I got that chopinskate accidentally left the post here instead of to the destined thread. Well, we have an instruction like "Don't feed trolls", so leaving the post here may be better. ;)
True that.

We may as well start a new topic: your favorite Yuna move(not spins/jumps/elements). Just details.
Personally I love that moment in SITC that brought us this iconic photo: https://images.olympicchannel.com/media/images/stills/none/None/c624e03ffe40ffab3e630fd6a54f7b9d.jpg

icybear

Medalist
https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/957512117455937536

I don't do social media (so thanks to everyone informing Yuna's activities) but found this one after clicking a link related to a male skater on a FF and looking through some twitter account. Could this be a sign for her to show up at the gala for PyeongChang? I hope so. :love:

Probably referring to this video https://www.instagram.com/p/BecEv-pnxOT/?hl=en&taken-by=pyeongchang2018. I think this is the most Yuna has skated in front of a camera since 2014. Makes me well up seeing her skating in the olympic arena. If only she was competing:sad4:. I'm kinda suprised no one has posted this video here.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Probably referring to this video https://www.instagram.com/p/BecEv-pnxOT/?hl=en&taken-by=pyeongchang2018. I think this is the most Yuna has skated in front of a camera since 2014. Makes me well up seeing her skating in the olympic arena. If only she was competing:sad4:. I'm kinda suprised no one has posted this video here.

Thanks for the link! To be honest I bet Yuna has a secret private rink somewhere where she goes to skate all the time, no one just knows about it. :biggrin: I don't think she would give up skating just for the enjoyment so easily just because she wants to avoid publicity about it.

One of my favorite moves is the opening steps in her Danse Macabre SP and also the lunge into sitspin in her Sochi gala. Also the step sequence in El Tango de Roxanne SP :love:

It wasn't unintentional. Posting it there would've been an unnecessary fight with a troll.

Maybe she really should've done a skate with nothing but crossovers and face-touching. Would've won anyway.

Speaking of Yuna's best, how do you guys like Kiss of the Vampire? I think it's her most underrated SP. That double axel at worlds was probably her best ever.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
As Chandler's girlfriend Janice says: oh-my-god!
[emoji23] I know many people in GS(most people?) do not like TSL, but I personally don't mind them so I watch their channel and I actually think they are funny, sometimes mean, yes, but mostly funny. Anyway, here's a good example of how they can be funny: (watch from 20:34) https://youtu.be/pEoW6WZ13Gs

LMAO [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

rikaquegira

On the Ice
It wasn't unintentional. Posting it there would've been an unnecessary fight with a troll.

Maybe she really should've done a skate with nothing but crossovers and face-touching. Would've won anyway.

Speaking of Yuna's best, how do you guys like Kiss of the Vampire? I think it's her most underrated SP. That double axel was probably her best ever.
Yessss!! Kiss of the Vampire is extremely underrated. I love that program. That step sequence is one of my favorites.
I didn't love it the first time I watched it though. But the more you watch it the more you love it.

breadstal

Record Breaker
It's crazy how many amazing, iconic programs Yuna has so it's so tough to choose even couple of them :shocked: Tango de Roxanne, Homage To Korea, Danse Macabre, Gershwin, Send In The Clowns, James Bond. I adore all of them but honestly, she has no bad program. I also loved Gisele and Kiss of the Vampire because they were more experimental. Seeing Adios Nonino still makes me teary-eyed...I miss her so much. Her exhibitions were great too, especially Imagine and Nessun Dorma.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
As Chandler's girlfriend Janice says: oh-my-god!
[emoji23] I know many people in GS(most people?) do not like TSL, but I personally don't mind them so I watch their channel and I actually think they are funny, sometimes mean, yes, but mostly funny. Anyway, here's a good example of how they can be funny: (watch from 20:34) https://youtu.be/pEoW6WZ13Gs

LMAO [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Haha.. my friend was performing at that 'ballet (NOT really ballet) of hospital beds' at London Olympics!!! :D It is about NHS, our pride and joy, free healthcare is a human right. Just like participating in a fair game is a human right.

I still feel a bit bitter sweet about the fact we can joke about what TSL said now, about lighting up the Sochi podium in flames. Curious about PyeongChang, mixed feelings. Would love to see her on ice with skate, but wouldn't expect too much considering. I can't imagine the recent 'direction' of the sport please her too much, especially given how much effort she put towards realising great thoughtful well-presented programs.

Oh yes, Kiss of the Vampire, that bring about memories. I remember big chuckles when I read David got partly inspired reading on some 'fan message' board wishing Yuna skating to a vampire program. lol...

One thing though.. I find quite sweet. Yuna's fire for the 2nd Olympics may not be as strong as the first, but she was committed fully, even dealing with pretty serious injuries. She was even skating while injured. I will always appreciate her generosity and complex relationship with her fans after Vancouver. It shows up in her skating work like Homage to Korea, All of me, Fever, Les Mis, Send in the clown etc.. she really paid attention to the audience and give them all she could. It is very different style and approach of skating program we see, where the audience matters little but all about points.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Kiss of the Vampire is also one of my favorite SPs of Yuna :) That step sequence was amazing. It clearly showed Yuna's speed and blade control.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I'm already imagining Yuna's poker face during some performances... [emoji23]
That is, if she watches the whole ladies event from a visible place.
I thought she would be "hiding" somewhere, but maybe she'll be like Tarasova? She'll be there like a boss for everyone to see.
Everyone will be able to appreciate her elegance and total indifference. lol
Sorry, but Yuna always seems so done with this sport. I'm actually surprised with this news. But very happy of course!
As the Olympics gets closer I get more and more excited!! Can't wait for all the unexpected turn of events, all the Olympic moments, all the wuzrobbed discussions, all the cute photos, all the dramaaa! [emoji28]
I can't imagine how the athletes must be feeling. Crazy. [emoji15]

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
To be honest I also don't understand why Yuna's Vampire was underrated and why it received such a low score (sub-70, why??) at Worlds. I understand she just came back after 2 years, so her "ranking" may have changed but that seems like a very flimsy reason to give a <70 score for what she put out there. :scratch2:

To be honest I also don't understand why Yuna's Vampire was underrated and why it received such a low score (sub-70, why??) at Worlds. I understand she just came back after 2 years, so her "ranking" may have changed but that seems like a very flimsy reason to give a <70 score for what she put out there. :scratch2:

She was given a (bogus, as far as I could tell) "!" on her Flip, and if I remember she also got a bad GOE on her Flying Camel (I think there might have been something wrong with the ice where she was doing it). It was also the time when she could no longer do a Lv 4 Layback.

But her artistry was far superior than anything she'd put out before. Everything should have cancelled out. Also, I think her 3Lz-3T and 2A were easily two of the best jumps she'd ever done. I don't remember the GOE she got, but she should've had maximum on both, and her StSq, too probably. Should've been 74+.