2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

StephenGfan

Final Flight
yup... unless Nam gets his act together.... we will have a brand new, champion.... i was almost hoping Kevin would stay for that title, if he felt fit... but yeah...

it's exciting... one day, my brain tells me to put my money (figuratively speaking ) on Keegan

the next day, i want Joseph to slay... and get into mini-chiddy mode for the next 10 seasons....

and then... well... sometimes i root for Nic just because he is exciting to watch and has huge jumps.... oh well.. the one who is going to be the next Canadian champion has big skates to fill.
stephen... I kid I kid :laugh: obv not this season, but i can totally see him becoming the senior national champion as early as the 2019-2020 season. :cool::thumbsup:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I just checked the updated list for the ON Sectionals Series (as of June 14) and saw that not only Conrad had been added, but also Joseph Phan. I checked for Joesph because I saw he wasn't on the entry list for the summer competition in QU this year (unlike last year).

Double-checked Joseph's updated NextGen entry and he's still listed as representing a rink in QU. I did hear a rumour that he might be coming to the Cricket Club for an audition. Could this be tied to that? Or are there other reasons he might be eligible for the ON over the QU series?

i think skaters can enter other provinces summer events without a problem... someone can correct me if i am wrong but it is frequent...

Joseph is NOT going to leave a french speaking high school just when he is about to graduate to go to an english speaking high-school in a different system that would require him two years of high school instead of 1... don't forget ontario has 12 grades... quebec only 11...

he is probably getting to know toronto and options there for the future... whether he decides then to represent his home club and province or a new club will be up to him

virtue and moir for instance, represented quebec when they moved to gadbois... but still were representing ontario when they were in the states.. it's up to the skaters...

TGee

Record Breaker
i think skaters can enter other provinces summer events without a problem... someone can correct me if i am wrong but it is frequent...

Joseph is NOT going to leave a french speaking high school just when he is about to graduate to go to an english speaking high-school in a different system that would require him two years of high school instead of 1... don't forget ontario has 12 grades... quebec only 11...

he is probably getting to know toronto and options there for the future... whether he decides then to represent his home club and province or a new club will be up to him

virtue and moir for instance, represented quebec when they moved to gadbois... but still were representing ontario when they were in the states.. it's up to the skaters...
The Skate Ontario Summer Skate events at Minto and Thornhill are still part of the Skate Canada national summer series.

https://skatecanada.ca/national-summer-series-rankings/

Quebec only has one event, so Joesph needs to do at least one event out of province to qualify for the national series.

Some competitors register for more than 2 events to ensure they can participate in 2 even if they need to pull out of one due to a modest injury.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
stephen... I kid I kid :laugh: obv not this season, but i can totally see him becoming the senior national champion as early as the 2019-2020 season. :cool::thumbsup:

he won't still be eligible to compete internationally... so to me, there is no rush.... and i hope he shines when his time has come :)

pallapalla

Spectator
I hope this is more or less the right place to ask this question! I'm a little lost here...

So I see that tickets are on sale for 2018 Skate Canada International and I'm at the ticket site: https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/event/31005375BD275DBC

I got as far as selecting the seats but there doesn't appear to be any option to select a date. Does anyone know if that means one ticket is good for all 3 days? Anyone have experience with this before? Or maybe I'm missing something lol.

Merci/Thanks! :D

synteis

Medalist
I hope this is more or less the right place to ask this question! I'm a little lost here...

So I see that tickets are on sale for 2018 Skate Canada International and I'm at the ticket site: https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/event/31005375BD275DBC

I got as far as selecting the seats but there doesn't appear to be any option to select a date. Does anyone know if that means one ticket is good for all 3 days? Anyone have experience with this before? Or maybe I'm missing something lol.

Merci/Thanks! :D
Yes, all that's being sold atm are all-event tickets. Basically you have the same seat for every event (mens, pairs, etc) as well as access to the open practices. The individual events (say Men's SP) will open up for sale later on.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Regarding Keegan: I don't know if any of you read International figure Skating Magazine, but they had a lovely feature article with Keegan in the June issue. No mentioning of 4 Axels, but a lot about how he experienced the Olympics, how he loves performing in front of big audiences, etc. Recommended!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I think anyone who signs up for a summer event in Ontario gets put on the sectional series list. Which is why we have Alicia Pineault and Joseph Phan on there. Alicia was on the interim entry list for Minto Summer Skate. Not sure which event Joseph's signed up for.

Here is Nic with his idol Vaughn Chipeur, doing SBS back flips. :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkQZYaDltrK/

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Depending on his performance (and those of his competitors), the judges may have no choice in the matter, but I suspect that Skate Canada would prefer not to give the senior title to somebody who is still competing as a junior internationally.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think anyone who signs up for a summer event in Ontario gets put on the sectional series list. Which is why we have Alicia Pineault and Joseph Phan on there. Alicia was on the interim entry list for Minto Summer Skate. Not sure which event Joseph's signed up for.

Here is Nic with his idol Vaughn Chipeur, doing SBS back flips. :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkQZYaDltrK/

i loved vaughn.. he was so handsome.. still is... yummmy ;) and the fall LOL

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
So pairs is going to be the only discipline in which Canada has multiple GP medallists on the GP? Kirsten & Mike and Julianne & Charlie have GP medals. Walsh/Michaud also have a JGP medal. In ice dance only Piper & Paul have GP medals. Alaine has one as does Nam.

Keegan and Gabby are going to have to step it up for SCI. Nicolas should also try to get on a podium.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If Anna and Luca also retire or sit out the Grand Prix, which there’s still no word on, Carolane and Shane would become the twelfth and final seed. A potentially huge upside for them.

Tanager

On the Ice
With all the retirements and Kaetlyn and WeaPo now out of the GP, this is shaping up to be an autumn of opportunity across the disciplines.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
With all the retirements and Kaetlyn and WeaPo now out of the GP, this is shaping up to be an autumn of opportunity across the disciplines.

Also, it will be an interesting battle for those three Worlds spots at Nationals as both W/P abd F-B/S will debut their programs there.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
G/P will probably be hoping to generate career momentum in the Grand Prix as buildup to snatching the national title.

pallapalla

Spectator
Yes, all that's being sold atm are all-event tickets. Basically you have the same seat for every event (mens, pairs, etc) as well as access to the open practices. The individual events (say Men's SP) will open up for sale later on.

Thanks for the info :)