Anna Shcherbakova | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Scoring is unclear to me with all the changes. Do you think Anna can win with one fall on a quad, while others are clean? :think:

If everything else is gorgeous and she gets her proper PCS, yes.
But... when she falls, it's because the jump is URed. And then she messes up the rest of the program. So we'd better hope that the quad is clean.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well, the important thing is that she seems to have received the opportunities necessary. Now she just needs to be able to deliver! Would it be too much to hope for if I wanted her debut to be very successful already?
Scoring is unclear to me with all the changes. Do you think Anna can win with one fall on a quad, while others are clean? :think:
If Anna's clean otherwise as well? Definitely, she should win pretty easily. Falling on an underrotated 4Lutz is still fine, she shouldn't be losing in BV. If everyone's SPs are clean, I see Anna having an advantage there.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
But she doesn't like to do 1 mistake - none or a lot of. I wanna be mistaken but afraid she will mess up some other elements in case of the fall.

Azikin

Medalist
If Anna's clean otherwise as well? Definitely, she should win pretty easily. Falling on an underrotated 4Lutz is still fine, she shouldn't be losing in BV. If everyone's SPs are clean, I see Anna having an advantage there.

Hopefully. But Tarusina was pretty good last time I saw her... :think:

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Hello! I think Anna will get two anyway. Quad factor ... It will be better for everyone if Sasha is not alone.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
But she doesn't like to do 1 mistake - none or a lot of. I wanna be mistaken but afraid she will mess up some other elements in case of the fall.

Well, not necessarily. There's been plenty of skates where she's only made one mistake... And those have been on elements she seems to do OK on this season. The -3Lo combo was the biggest issue last season, and also the -3T combo.

For the quad, there literally is a sample size of 1 comp.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Russia has done some changes for their JGP Austria assignments but it seems their JGP Slovakia entries are still the same, so, good news for Anna.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Ahhh me too, I really hope she gets an amazing score and bypasses all ladies world records by the end of the season (I don’t want to jinx it though [emoji23]) she will be competing in JGP Slovakia in just over a week, me and my friend are both getting up to watch her at about 4am my time I’m soo nervous and excited [emoji85][emoji85]

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
I love when she throws the snow towards the end. She looks so joyful. Such a lovely short program :agree:

Totally agree :luv17: Daniil has done a beautiful job, and now I am really anxious to see the complete programs (with dresses and everything) in just one week. I am soooo excited :yahoo:

NataFoxxy

On the Ice

karina17

Final Flight
Provided her SP is clean, Anna should have a slight advantage from the SP because she seems (correct me if I’m wrong) to be the only one doing 3Lz-3Lo. She might also have a bit of a PCS advantage from the SP because it’s such a beautiful program, but given junior PCS scoring, I don’t think anyone’s willing to bet on that.

That tiny advantage from the 3Lz-3Lo in her SP and FP should also help a little if she really does underrotate and fall during that 4Lz. Even excluding the 4Lz, I think her SP and FP layout will probably be one of the hardest at Bratislava. Two triple lutzes and triple flips, and two out of three combos in the back half. Hopefully it all works out for her!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Provided her SP is clean, Anna should have a slight advantage from the SP because she seems (correct me if I’m wrong) to be the only one doing 3Lz-3Lo. She might also have a bit of a PCS advantage from the SP because it’s such a beautiful program, but given junior PCS scoring, I don’t think anyone’s willing to bet on that.

That tiny advantage from the 3Lz-3Lo in her SP and FP should also help a little if she really does underrotate and fall during that 4Lz. Even excluding the 4Lz, I think her SP and FP layout will probably be one of the hardest at Bratislava. Two triple lutzes and triple flips, and two out of three combos in the back half. Hopefully it all works out for her!

I'm so scared :slink:
she most needs to be clean here at her first one in order to get a second one