Alina Zagitova | Page 489 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

lusk8

Record Breaker
Can anyone explain me why Zagi-chan? What this "chan" means? [emoji3] Thx :love:

San is like Mrs., Miss, Mister, so they use it with everyone’s name. Uno San, Satoko San, etc, etc

Edited to add: https://www.sljfaq.org/afaq/titles.html

At first I thought she meant San and Google translate messed it up do Chan [emoji23] both exist and seem to be versions of the same - an honorific. See link above.

Finley

Record Breaker
Have you seen this article about Alinas road to Olympics?

:shocked:

Wow. Whoever wrote that makes Maksim Trankov look diplomatic. Good for them. Thanks for sharing that.

Also, I clearly over-reacted about GS being down. :drama:

I thought it would be days not hours. :eek::

typeyournamehere

Match Penalty
Have you seen this article about Alinas road to Olympics?

Btw, one of the things mentioned in that article implicitly - i don't know if people here have read it, but there was an article on sports.ru where some guy was proving(using math methods) that Alina was first and foremost underscored by judges from her own country at Olympics. So we can say that even judges from her own country didn't want to give her gold :) A win against all odds!

Finley

Record Breaker
Btw, one of the things mentioned in that article implicitly - i don't know if people here have read it, but there was an article on sports.ru where some guy was proving(using math methods) that Alina was first and foremost underscored by judges from her own country at Olympics. So we can say that even judges from her own country didn't want to give her gold :) A win against all odds!

I remember that. When people were initially screaming that the judges 'dumped' Zhenya. And it was pointed out that - No. No, they did not. They tried. But math did what math does and added up.

typeyournamehere

Match Penalty
I would even read that again. I remember there was very detailed and objective analysis of the judging. But it's hard to find now.

zenskate

Final Flight

Your comment intrigued me, so I looked up the ISU results for the Olympics. I saw a familiar name. Nicole LeBlanc-Richard, known to us as the judge from Nebelhorn who refused to give Alina good scores in the SP :dev2:, also judged the free skate. She was Judge No. 1. Her scores put Kaetlyn > Evgenia > Alina. Judge No. 4 Elena Fomina, who is Russian, put Evgenia >> Alina > Kaetlyn.

paji15

On the Ice
I don't even have words. They tried it didn't they? :disapp:
This explains so much about the reaction Alina got from her own country after her Olympic Victory. They literally did everything they could reasonably do to prevent it. Her getting the gold without her country's support is damn near a miracle. Forget support, they were actively trying to sabotage her.

Alina has to be aware of this. At the very least her parents have to be aware of this. For me that gold medal shines even more brightly.
:coffee:

How paradox is that they try everything possible to stop her and she still won the very first Gold for Russia in this Games.

typeyournamehere

Match Penalty
Your comment intrigued me, so I looked up the ISU results for the Olympics. I saw a familiar name. Nicole LeBlanc-Richard, known to us as the judge from Nebelhorn who refused to give Alina good scores in the SP :dev2:, also judged the free skate. She was Judge No. 1. Her scores put Kaetlyn > Evgenia > Alina. Judge No. 4 Elena Fomina, who is Russian, put Evgenia >> Alina > Kaetlyn.

the thing is not about foreign judges.. i used to see how every judge is very "kind" towards compatriots.. but it was something else - ALL foreign judges put Alina into the first place, and ALL three pro-russian judges put her into the second place behind Medvedeva.. the bias is so obvious, it's hilarious..

madison

Record Breaker
I don't even have words. They tried it didn't they? :disapp:
This explains so much about the reaction Alina got from her own country after her Olympic Victory. They literally did everything they could reasonably do to prevent it. Her getting the gold without her country's support is damn near a miracle. Forget support, they were actively trying to sabotage her.

Alina has to be aware of this. At the very least her parents have to be aware of this. For me that gold medal shines even more brightly.
:coffee:
Yees, they have to be aware of that.... and even try to compete for other country, if Russia does not support Alina!! Poor Alina :sad21:
And also change the coaches, cause Eteri was never supportive, neither Daniil. :disapp:

typeyournamehere

Match Penalty
Yees, they have to be aware of that.... and even try to compete for other country, if Russia does not support Alina!! Poor Alina :sad21:
And also change the coaches, cause Eteri was never supportive, neither Daniil. :disapp:

I don't agree about Eteri part, and especially Daniil, who always makes it clear that Alina is his favorite student. Well, i usually dont agree with 97% of what you write tbh