2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 205 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Scott512

Record Breaker
I just hope that no one from top 15 best Russian girls switch to Buyanova in the next 3-4 years. One or two students who got worse after switching to her could be a coincidence but 4 girls who couldn't achieve any remarkable success after training with her is a warning sign.

Leave the word remarkable out of it. Success at all was hard enough for those girls to come by with Buyanova. It is proven now but its shocking I did not expect this coach to bomb with all these highly thought of young skaters. Not exactly the Eteri resume is it? ;)

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I just hope that no one from top 15 best Russian girls switch to Buyanova in the next 3-4 years. One or two students who got worse after switching to her could be a coincidence but 4 girls who couldn't achieve any remarkable success after training with her is a warning sign.

Alyona Leonova could be the best top lady for CSKA right now. She is a seasoned fighter and cannot be spoiled . She does not even need to train - all that is necessary for Alena is that the PSC is over 65. This top club will surely be able to provide her. And also more money and respect (deserved) for Leonova.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I wish I knew what she said. Oh well. The computer I am using did not offer to translate.

In a nutshell....

She says they didn’t have any conflicts or anything like that, Buyanova just told her she’s not doing well enough, wasn’t keeping up with the load expected from skaters in Moscow and it was hard for her to live alone in Moscow(her parents stayed in Saint Petersburg and she moved alone). Apparently because of her injury she wasn’t able to train properly, wasn’t stable and that was making Buyanova dissatisfied.
But they talked and there is no animosity between them. It was a mutual decision.
She says, Buyanova wants quick results, here and now, and Nastia got injured, so Buyanova got dissatisfied with her.
“Weight problems” were present, but Nastia says it was nothing out of ordinary and normal. In short, nothing critical happened with her weight and she could train despite those problems. She tried to keep her diet, but apparently coaches always made comments/rebuked on that. (That’s not a harsh word in Russian).

She hasn’t been skating since 3rd (of July I assume), and is recovering now.

Interviewer also asked some weird questions.

Scott512

Record Breaker
In a nutshell....

She says they didn’t have any conflicts or anything like that, Buyanova just told her she’s not doing well enough, wasn’t keeping up with the load expected from skaters in Moscow and it was hard for her to live alone in Moscow(her parents stayed in Saint Petersburg and she moved alone). Apparently because of her injury she wasn’t able to train properly, wasn’t stable and that was making Buyanova dissatisfied.
But they talked and there is no animosity between them. It was a mutual decision.
She says, Buyanova wants quick results, here and now, and Nastia got injured, so Buyanova got dissatisfied with her.
“Weight problems” were present, but Nastia says it was nothing out of ordinary and normal. In short, nothing critical happened with her weight and she could train despite those problems. She tried to keep her diet, but apparently coaches always made comments/rebuked on that. (That’s not a harsh word in Russian).

She hasn’t been skating since 3rd (of July I assume), and is recovering now.

Interviewer also asked some weird questions.

Thanks Nuss.

Who asked the ?s? Some were good some not so much.

My galaxy phone got me english translation. Very interesting. Buyanova overreacted for sure.

What injuries is Nastya talking about?

Again who is in December rusnats form in July? Anna? Sasha? It sounds like the coach got mad at her and told her to leave. How awful.

Nastya also said she has chosen a new coach but doesnt say who it is.

ruga

Final Flight
But it's very weird that she kicked out literally her last senior lady basically because she wasn't in shape after injury and couldn't show good results quickly. Her group is not that overcrowded, I can't recall any other good students besides Voronov and Danelian. But from this interview I also understood that Nastya was a bit homesick and wanted to reunite with her family in St. Petersburg. Despite that, Buyanova's behavior is still questionable.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Lordy lordy lordy. I have always said its vital for a talent to have the right coach and stay for years. I know alot of people dislike Eteri but look how her pupils blossom under her year after year. Wowwwww. Elena Radianova had a chance to do much more and she was really good. If only she had the best coach. Masha and Nastya G too. But it is what it is.

I am still hoping Gubanova ends up with Mishin although that may not be likely. She needs a home with the same coach for a couple years so she can blossom like some of us thought she would have by now. 16 is still young in ladies figure skating but not in Russia. 16 is middle age. :eek:
It really is interesting to me, because Elena wouldn't fit Eteris usual skaters, but I think work ethic wise she would've probably impressed Eteri but you never know [emoji23] well now she's in Almaty for the denis ten show so I'm looking forward to her skating

Scott512

Record Breaker
It really is interesting to me, because Elena wouldn't fit Eteris usual skaters, but I think work ethic wise she would've probably impressed Eteri but you never know [emoji23] well now she's in Almaty for the denis ten show so I'm looking forward to her skating

It probably would have worked. In fact its not too late as Eteri could use a really good 20 year old senior skater.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks Nuss.

My galaxy phone got me english translation. Very interesting. Buyanova overreacted for sure.

Again who is in December rusnats form in July? Anna? Sasha? It sounds like the coach got mad at her and told her to leave. How awful.

The interviewer was Anatoly Samokhvalov.

Watch

Final Flight

This interview makes me sad for Nastya. I get the feeling that Buyanova really mishandled the situation. We don't know her side of the story, of course, but a coach who speaks out against a former student the way she did is always a big no go for me. Really uncalled for and unnecessarily humiliating. And when you read how Nastya was living in Moscow alone and struggled with injuries, Buyanova's comment really comes off as lacking empathy.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
If I was a Russian millionaire I would pay for Nastya's training anywhere in the world - probably in the US, Canada, or Japan.

You wanted to say billionnaire? What is a million these days?

Unfortunately, all Russian billionnaires picked the sports long time ago. I worked for a shooting guy, for example. The only hope is in the new crops - Internet, digitalization. But although we have some of those people appearing out of nowhere, chances to find figure skating aficionado among them are not that high. How many Silicon Valley new reaches support figure skaters?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Thanks Nuss.

Not sure what that medical term that she mentions means. Seems like some sort of inflammation.

Scott512

Record Breaker
This interview makes me sad for Nastya. I get the feeling that Buyanova really mishandled the situation. We don't know her side of the story, of course, but a coach who speaks out against a former student the way she did is always a big no go for me. Really uncalled for and unnecessarily humiliating. And when you read how Nastya was living in Moscow alone and struggled with injuries, Buyanova's comment really comes off as lacking empathy.
It's a big no go. It's hurtful and damaging. Now because of Buyanovas big mouth some will think Nastya is trouble to work with. So unfair. She has injuries too to go along with puberty issues. . I hope she gets healthy soon.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
btw, it also says she already has a coach (or that she decided on which coach she plans to go to), but she doesn't want to discuss it now.