Alina Zagitova | Page 943 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

:

I think one thing about Alina people miss - she's not going to get disappointed if she doesn't have gold. She's disappointed when she doesn't skate clean or do her best, but she clearly appreciates every medal and every podium, whatever the color, and has enormous respect for her competitors. So if some of other girls go ahead, I know Alina would only be supportive of her competitors and teammate-sisters. She's too kind and generous to have any ill feelings about those things.

In anyway, I digress. All positive thoughts lately, and I just wanted to speak out :laugh:

My favorite thing about her! I had so much respect for her when she was so grateful for that Euros silver after everything that happened.

Also I'm happy to see 2A-3T back. I think she improved her 2A a lot since last season. Her Axel for a while was lacking a bit of height and speed. Now the height, speed, and distance are so much better and as is the flow.

And the fact that she does 3lz-3lo and that's considered not the highest technical thing anymore...I still think that's insanely hard. She has the most consistent loop combo.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
My favorite thing about her! I had so much respect for her when she was so grateful for that Euros silver after everything that happened.

Also I'm happy to see 2A-3T back. I think she improved her 2A a lot since last season. Her Axel for a while was lacking a bit of height and speed. Now the height, speed, and distance are so much better and as is the flow.

And the fact that she does 3lz-3lo and that's considered not the highest technical thing anymore...I still think that's insanely hard. She has the most consistent loop combo.

I agree she can do the combos like it’s nothing and I think it’s a very wise strategy from the coaches to not put more difficult jumps but to improve her jumps and her step sequences.

paji15

On the Ice
If it is allowed, would it even be worth the risk?
It seems that combos are scored by just adding the 3 jump values together.
So I think she would score just as many points if she did a 3-3 and then a solo 3.

It seems the only way you can really increase the tech score is with quads and/or a triple axel.

Not just because the jumps score so high, but just as importantly you can add these to the 7 "normal" triples you are limited to.
And then I think the limitation is just the number of jumping passes you are allowed to do.

It hurts my head too much to try to figure it all out.
But looking at Sasha Trusova's LP --- I think she did 3 quads and 6 triple jumps.
Why didn't she do 7 triples? Was it due to the # of jumping passes?
Maybe Sasha could benefit by the 3-3-3 to get in a 7th triple?
I don't know.

Hopefully someone can help here.
Thanks.

That's why I said Idk how it is with rules. I meant it in a way just add more triples, not add them into 3-3-3 and do doubles as single jumps instead. But I check it now for you and me (and maybe som others who can wonder :laugh: )

Skaters can do 7 jump elements. There can be 3 jump combination or jump sequences combine. One jump combination/sequence can have 3, other two just 2 jumps.
- one must be Axel type
- any double jump can be done just twice
- from all triple or quadruple jumps, just two can be execute twice combine (of the two repetitions only one can be quad) + quads and triples are considered as different jump (e.g. Sasha can jump two 4T and then still can jump other two 3T, it doesn't count together)

So which means maximum number of jumps in program single and in combination/sequences combine is 11. There is 6 jumps (Axel, Toeloop, Loop, Lutz, Salchow, Flip + Euler*), maximum number of triples is 8 (which is e.g. number of Rika at Words in Saitama). Alina can't do triple axel, so for her it's 7. So back to my question, no, for Alina is not worthy to attempt 3-3-3, she will get bigger goe for it as single jumps or just 2 jumps combination and it's big risk for nothing.

It's not their thread but as I'm already in a rules, I will add it bc I think it make together better view as good example: As Sasha is repeting 4T, she has one repetition left, she also can't do 3A, so for her it's just 6 triples as max. But Rika can still do all her 8 triples and ad her quad as long as she is not repeeting it).

* Euler: If I understand it right, it's counted as jump and has a value 0,5. But Alina is not doing it anyway.

Hope it can help someone. Also hope I understand it well and not mistaken you all. :laugh:

lesnar001

Record Breaker
THE ENTIRE POST

* Euler: If I understand it right, it's counted as jump and has a value 0,5. But Alina is not doing it anyway.

Thank you for the explanation.

I'd kind of like to see Alina do a combination with the 1/2 Euler.
Just to see what it would look like.
But I have only seen her do the Salchow as a solo jump in the LP.
Conversly, I have never seen her do a solo 3T or a 3Lo (except in practice)

lesnar001

Record Breaker
I'm really worried about the top button of the brown suit guy :cool14:

From the comments to that post:
- Which one is the boss in the pic?
- Alina.
:laugh:

He's got to be at least a 12 inch drop between the chest and the waist!
He probably needs "tailoring" even on an atheltically built suit.

If I wore a suit, I'd have a button problem too.
But for a totally different reason :slink:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Not probable. Usual combo with euler looks like 3something-Eu-3S, and Salchow is not Alina's favorite jump. You can see a pattern, BTW. Is skater does a combo with Eu (typically 3-1-3), he than does one 3-2 combo. If he doesn't use combo with Eu, than he does 3-2-2 like Alina (3F-2T-2Lo). I must say I don't prefer combos with Eu, just doesn't like them. Also, Alina spent hours, days weeks with mastering, 3Lz-3Lo/3Lz-3T, so 3-1-3 combo is quite useless for her.

paji15

On the Ice

Your welcome, I was wondering how it is!

I think we will never see her do euler untill she will not have quad or 3A - then maybe so (Anya and Sasha has it in their programs). As it's count as a jump and it's BV is just 0,5, it's not worthy for her when she can do double instead. It's wasted points in her case. :confused2: Maybe in ex? :) But has to admit I don't like Euler, to me it seems like skater is unable to do jump right after first one so use this. :laugh: I don't find it nice. Anyway now after I read whole rules, I can admire even more how smart Eteri and Daniil are! :laugh:

(Btw only one thing drives me crazy in rules! Girls can't do quads in short program, but are allowed to do 3A. This should be changed. 3A and quads are considered as jumps in similar group of difficulty, by general public but also by ISU, because on their webside they have it together in one group in scale of value of jumps. But girls who have quads can't do it, while 3A ladies can. It favors 3A ladies by 5.62 points without any rational reason, which is huge margin. Allow both, or nothing. + I don't think it's fair to just count two BV into combo, it's much harder and it should be rewarded. Let's give each combo it's own value based on real difficulty!)

lesnar001

Record Breaker
A lot of times the "Euler" combos can look like a step-out after the first jump.
But sometimes I really like the look of them.

Maybe for the next Olympics Alina will have "embraced" the Salchow and will show us a "Euler" combo along with a quad or two!

I agree with Paji15 about the way combos are scored.
Just by the sparse number of ladies doing a 3Lz-3Lo, I can surmise it is much more difficult than a 3Lz-3T.
Yet the base values are pretty much the same.

Furthemore, according to Eteri, it was extremely difficult for Alina to have a 3Lz-3Lo and a 3Lz-3T in her LP.
I don't fully understand, but it had something to do with the completely different setup for each combo.

Yet someone with two 3Lz-3T combos would be getting practically the same base value.
And this type of program has been fairly common the last few seasons.
Not a very "balanced" program though - repeating the same combo. But I guess "unbalanced" only pertained to backloading. ;)

That is why I don't get all worked up over so-and-so should have had higher IN or TR or PE or whatever.
Because to me some of the higher PCS scoring addresses the other inequities (like the combo difficulties).
In a perfect world it would be otherwise, but it is what it is.

An overwhelming majority of the time, I think the competition results come out correctly.
At least for the top flight skaters. For me, that is the important thing.

paji15

On the Ice
A lot of times the "Euler" combos can look like a step-out after the first jump.
But sometimes I really like the look of them.

Maybe for the next Olympics Alina will have "embraced" the Salchow and will show us a "Euler" combo along with a quad or two!

Just by the sparse number of ladies doing a 3Lz-3Lo, I can surmise it is much more difficult than a 3Lz-3T.

An overwhelming majority of the time, I think the competition results come out correctly.
At least for the top flight skaters. For me, that is the important thing.

Maybe! But I think at the Olympic, girls will be alredy trained to do quad/or more and the rest of jumps without euler help. :laugh: But that's my guess, maybe you will see it! I will be happy to see Alina under Olympic rights again and in that case don't care about euler, I don't like it but when she will be doing it, fine. :laugh:

Exactly. It's weird. Not many girls is able to do Lutz-Loop combo, for some it's even not worthy with a risk they will not land it, better jump it as solo jumps with better goe, but those skaters who are able to do it are not rewarded. For example Lilbet can't do 3Lz-3lo combo, but can do 4S (she can't do it even without quad in layout), she is rightfully rewarded for that jump. But Alina can do 3lz-3lo combo and is not rewarded for it at all. (It was just example, she is not the only one, I like Lilbet) I don't see it right. If they would rewarded combos how it should be, then skaters would have bigger freedom in a way to chose. Not whey are practically force to do quads or 3A because even hardest combos can't help them. Of course some skaters can do quads and lz-lo, but the more they deserve credit for it, and it would help more diversity in programs, so it would be more interesting.

True, results between top spots seems to be right, but it's because girls has usually quite similar jump layouts, so that's mostly why.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Furthemore, according to Eteri, it was extremely difficult for Alina to have a 3Lz-3Lo and a 3Lz-3T in her LP.
I don't fully understand, but it had something to do with the completely different setup for each combo.

Doing 3T as a second jump is easier (not for someone like me or you of course :) ), because after a landing of previous jump you have some time, you put your left leg (description for counter-clockwise skaters) behind and that can help you to stabilize the position. While when making -3Lo combo you have to take off from right leg again immediately after the landing, while your left leg is still forward.

paji15

On the Ice
I think one of those gentleman is the chief of police?

Sir, I would like to report a crime against Fashion. I'm afraid it's a felony. :drama:

I'd say he didn't wear that suit in a long time and meanwhile were lifting quite a weights and then put it on bc of Alina :laugh: And this is a result :laugh::laugh:

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Doing 3T as a second jump is easier (not for someone like me or you of course :) ), because after a landing of previous jump you have some time, you put your left leg (description for counter-clockwise skaters) behind and that can help you to stabilize the position. While when making -3Lo combo you have to take off from right leg again immediately after the landing, while your left leg is still forward.

I realize this part of it. The -3Lo combos are really all about both timing AND landing the first triple correctly.
Really no margin for error. I remember some coach's analysis of why Alina failed on one of her 3Lz-3Lo's last season.

Unfortunately, the base values of the -3Lo combos do not reflect how difficult they are compared to the -3T combos.
I also think the -3Lo combos look so pretty when landed.
Although I am a huge fan of Alina's 3Lz-3T also. Because of the nice rhythm she has between the 2 jumps.

What I am still not exactly clear on is why Eteri said it was so difficult to have both the 3Lz-3Lo and the 3Lz-3T in the same program.
I'm pretty sure it had to do with the Lutzes having to be set up differently for each combo.

In any event, now her 2A-3T is back in her LP.
And I must say to me it looked even better at the "Test Skates" than it did at the Olympics.

Finley

Record Breaker
I'd say he didn't wear that suit in a long time and meanwhile were lifting quite a weights and then put it on bc of Alina :laugh: And this is a result :laugh::laugh:

All joking aside if I needed police protection he would be my first choice. Look at the size of his hands!