Alina Zagitova | Page 941 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Relax, it’s the start of the saison and it’s only a test event. As for worlds, like I said in another thread, there’s still the WTT so 5 different skaters can have a spot and not only 3. I don’t mind to see Alina at WTT since she already won the individual title and I think her goal is another olympic.

Anyways, I’m glad to see her confident and smiling unlike last year where she was crying after her free.

There’s no WTT this season; it’s every 2 years

Briananing

On the Ice
I totally understand . But the aim is to go to the worlds - and at russian nationals there is Trusova with 3 quads; and Anna with 1 q. and Liza with two 3a.
but to be clear - i love the free program and i think that pcs and goes should get rocket level .
She is the reigning OGM and World champion though. Even if she lower her BV a little bit, she would get those point. I remember that Adelina's got really high PCS even though her skating were not up to par with the others, 2 years after the olympic. With alina beautifully choreograph programs (finally), i bet she would get those as long as she skated clean. And to beat the quad squads, she needs the PCS and the maturity of an adult skater more than the BV as long as she doesnt have a quad (atleast up until this year). Beside anna quad is still not consistent, while liza programs are empty aside from the jumps. She should skate clean as beautifully as possible this year. By next year is where she needs to up her BV.

zounger

Medalist
Is Zagitova's step sequence in her LP too close to the middle of the rink? A step sequence is suppose to go from one side of the rink to the other. I remember Satoko Miyahara getting deducted for that once.

I think the program is not in it's final form. The truth is the step sequence looks short, half rink in serpentine trajectory. The rules as far I remember are saying "utilize full surface". But I rarely see in competitions a full surface utilization and skaters still get all the levels and of course the element is not invalidated. So probably there is something more there. A good example of rink side to side step sequence in my opinion, is Alina's Phantom of the Opera.

Anyway it will be big fail if her team didn't consider that, so I don't worry much on this at the moment.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Is Zagitova's step sequence in her LP too close to the middle of the rink? A step sequence is suppose to go from one side of the rink to the other. I remember Satoko Miyahara getting deducted for that once.
this season rules have changed. There're more options how step sequence' pattern could be done.

About BV. The difference is only - 0.49
2018-2019 - 2A 3Lz-3T 3S 2A // 3Lz-3Lo 3F-2T-2Lo 3F = BV 47,84
2019-2020 - 3Lz-3Lo, 2A-3T 3S 2A // 3F-2T-2Lo 3F 3Lz = BV 47,35

Alina erase this difference by getting higher GOE factor for her 2A. And more opportunity to get +4-5 GOE for her crazy solo 3Lz in the end.

2A3T will have higher GOE factor than single 2A. And it's more easy for her to get huge GOE on her solo 3Lz than on her solo 2A. It's all make sense.
2A GOE: bv 3.30 / +0.33 / +0.66 / +0.99 / +1.32 / +1.65
3T GOE: bv 4.20 / +0.42 / +0.84 / +1.26 / +1.68 / +2.10
3Lz GOE: bv 5.90 / +0.59 / +1.18 / +1.77 / +2.36 / +2.95

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
Alina is more calm and relax now because she knows rusfed wont rely on her alone she got plenty of back up now like the addition of 3A so if ever she got bad days at ice her team mates can fill the gaps, no need for her to prove shes the best of the best, even legend like serena and venus williams got beaten by teenagers.

I agree, she can rely to her teammates now because she delivered last saison and she was the only one who could do it as the reigning olympic champion. It was a very tough saison for Alina with a huge responsibility, we could see how worried she was at each competition.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
this season rules have changed. There're more options how step sequence' pattern could be done.

About BV. The difference is only - 0.49
2018-2019 - 2A 3Lz-3T 3S 2A // 3Lz-3Lo 3F-2T-2Lo 3F = BV 47,84
2019-2020 - 3Lz-3Lo, 2A-3T 3S 2A // 3F-2T-2Lo 3F 3Lz = BV 47,35

Alina erase this difference by getting higher GOE factor for her 2A. And more opportunity to get +4-5 GOE for her crazy solo 3Lz in the end.

2A3T will have higher GOE factor than single 2A. And it's more easy for her to get huge GOE on her solo 3Lz than on her solo 2A. It's all make sense.
2A GOE: bv 3.30 / +0.33 / +0.66 / +0.99 / +1.32 / +1.65
3T GOE: bv 4.20 / +0.42 / +0.84 / +1.26 / +1.68 / +2.10
3Lz GOE: bv 5.90 / +0.59 / +1.18 / +1.77 / +2.36 / +2.95

:thank: Thank you so much atsumiri! I just want to say that I always appreciated a lot all the facts and informations that you provide!

I did not manage to post here yet my opinion about Alina's FS, and after a long day where I managed to watch it again for like 3-4 times I just can say that...I can't get enough of it! :luv17:

After I watched it for the first time I was all teary-eyed, and my first impression "She became a Queen, and skates like a Queen". We saw her amazing evolution for the last years, but I feel like this is a huge turning point. How we've read in her interviews for the past days, she is now skating for herself, and for all the audience and people that like to watch her. And you could tell it now! She was so confident, so calm , and man, such an entertainer!

The contrast between the intricate, deep SP and the powerful, even explosive FS is amazing, and just highlights what a versatile skater she is. The step sequence is the cherry on top, with the steps preceding the final spin that mark the ending of a glorious program. And it's just the first outing, the elements will be even more polished when the competitive season starts, and I am sure the make-up and dress will be gorgeous!

I am very excited now for the new season to start and I am not worried for any BV difference or things like this. We know how ambitious and hardworking Alina is, such a perfectionist athlete! So everything will be just fine! :biggrin:

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
There’s no WTT this season; it’s every 2 years

Ah ok it’s a pity but I don’t mind. I think Alina deserves to enjoy this year instead of focusing about victories and she can do it. I don’t know why people see her out of the team when she’s the leader.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
The reaction of Tutberidze, Gleihengauz and Dudakov on Alina's FP performance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=53&v=KNmOZApQ5Hk

Wow thank you! :biggrin: Some thoughts:

1. There is that moment when Alina stops in the middle of the rink and smiles. Eteri smiles too :biggrin:

2. When Alina landed the 3Lz+3Lo Eteri had a reaction similar to mine, like "Why did I worry? She is so, so good!"

3. After the last jump was perfectly landed, Eteri smiles "Wow, I can see it now! She is a Queen! "

4. The step sequence is so good and entertaining that even Sergei smiles and seems to enjoy it. A lot. :biggrin:

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
The reaction of Tutberidze, Gleihengauz and Dudakov on Alina's FP performance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=53&v=KNmOZApQ5Hk

The Team looks absolutely calm and confident as well as Alina herself, only before 3Lz-3Lo Eteri took a step forward :)

It's always fun to watch TeamTut's reactions; Sergey jumping together with his skaters, Eteri's facial expressions changing from worried concentration to pleasant satisfaction, and it's always good to see Daniil smile, especially nowadays.

Would be interesting to learn what Eteri said to Daniil when she shoulder-bumped him @ 03:48 before leaving to bring Anya :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It's always fun to watch TeamTut's reactions; Sergey jumping together with his skaters, Eteri's facial expressions changing from worried concentration to pleasant satisfaction, and it's always good to see Daniil smile, especially nowadays.

Would be interesting to learn what Eteri said to Daniil when she shoulder-bumped him @ 03:48 before leaving to bring Anya :)

Yes, and there were more moments with the coaches going through the motions together with their skaters. Some remained grumpy however, but I didn't notice any silent swear words rolling over their lips. It was only a festive open training session after all ;-)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Test Skates: Behind the Scenes

Thanks :) These clips just show the skaters who we idolise or have on this pedestal are ordinary people after all. Tuktamysheva the oldest saw no problem acknowledging the waiting fans, the other anxiously rushed to get inside. Mishin finally seen smiling and lauding his skater :) Most of the skaters are on iPhones and the whole spectrum of Apple personal devices. Medvyedeva seems to wear the noise cancelling kind, wonder if they really helped with all this shouting? Dudakov playing fool to us, Ted in the entrance, Eteri critical about arms or hands, Alina searching for her jacket since they all are red, the tiny sweeper girl getting a hug she will cherish. Anna's revealing moment in slow motion and her big radiant smile. Aleksandra like a horse pawning the pavement with impatience "set me free, I want to jump, jump and jump", Alyona pacing around. Alina still giving autographs outside while it is already almost dark.

Alina got a nice piece of fanmade art with her as Cleopatra BTW.

Scenes like these bring the athletes to live, fuel our love for them and admiration for their trainers and coaches.

We are probably equally glad as they are, competition season was started off with such a glorious display of figure skating.

I suppose all delegations and officials were hosted in Novogorsk and debriefed there on Monday?

PS: here is probably the source clip in better quality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YCtOxJNtOI

Trainers have learned to keep themselves in check at all times, there are always camera's pointed at them and recording every movement and sound. Eteri Georgiyevna was even tapping on the microphone ;-)
And no doubt any and all of these clips will be disassembled by fanatic fan groups for any signs of? Of what? He or she is too close to my favourite skater and other such nonsense that hardly bothers the skaters at all?

Do the merited Olympians still drive their big white BMW's gifted to them, stickers and all? Part of the deal perhaps?

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
A touching post by Daniil

Today my parents are together again, but now in heaven. I don’t want to talk about these days after my mother passed away, just want to say: BIG THANK YOU to Eteri Georgievna, Seryozha Dudakov, my cousin, my close friends and everyone who wrote and supported me during these times. I am happy that I was raised by such wonderful, talented and kind people. They are for me an example of an ideal family, their love for each other, for me, for others will forever remain in my heart! I know that you are nearby, I feel it ... May they rest in peace.

Finley

Record Breaker

Sending love and light to Daniil. There are no words.

In the videos you can see a really healthy, happy dynamic between the 4A and all of Team Tutberidze. I hope Daniil finds healing in that.

Read this translation on FSO and it made me so happy that Alina's coach from Izvehsk came to see her skate at the Test Skates -

See Zagitova: the Japanese and the first coach flew to the rental

In order to see and support her beloved athlete, several loyal Japanese fans arrived at the test rentals. They lead pages on social networks dedicated to Zagitova Alina. And besides, they help Russian-speaking fans. It's no secret that Alina is very loved (and idolized) in the land of the rising sun. In Japan, Alina happens often: she performs at commercial tournaments, participates in ISU competitions, and starred in commercials and television shows. These Japanese women just serve as informants and publish part of the news on the Web, thereby helping all of us. We were able to see the Numero magazine issue thanks to them.
They also actively help to acquire fan paraphernalia, toys, etc. In general, if you are subscribed to Alina’s best and most important public, you know perfectly well naonao.raichi and azagitova_fan!

Just imagine, they arrived at some control rentals! Although ... Given that the First Channel is filming and broadcasting, and the Chinese channel CCTV5 is preparing a documentary, now this is a high-profile event. A little more, and Alina will always be followed by a bus with the Japanese and the plush Masaru, like Yuzuru Hanyu.

And yet, Natalya Antipina, Izhevsk coach Zagitova, flew warm support.
Last December, Antipina was awarded the honorary title of Honored Coach of Russia. She Alina trained with her friend, also a skater, Alice Lozko.

It remains only Shinzo Abe to come .... :)

https://zen.yandex.ru/media/figureskate ... 00aec0e8b9

paji15

On the Ice
I think Alina can be fine with just triples. It's so difficult program, it will be the hardest one without quad or 3A. Her jumps seems absolutelly solid and big, so it can be the biggest GOE, her PSC will be probably highest too. I think she can pretty well compete with Anna and her 4Lutz. It's one jump and Alina has much more maturity, better artistry etc. I can even see her compete with Liza despite three 3A. I don't wanna be mean but it's the only thing she has, I was waiting when her FS will finaly end, and I'm sad to say that bc really like her. Only Sasha's difficulty is probably out of charge. I believe when she will skate clean and will be into it as she is, then she is fine! It's all up to her, as always. :) Also I think she said herself in one interview there will be some changes in composition, so her jumps can be switched, I think it will stay in this layout but maybe a bit in different order. Next year, juniors girls will start getting bigger PCS probably and she will probably need Quad, but she seems be well awared of that and wants to do it. I think slow steps is actually very good. She will keep VERY good technique, all jumps rock solid. It's important after her growth. And her potential quads can be very solid too. Better than rush with it and then constantly have bad edges and under calles like some skaters. Also it's safer. Plus it's very hard to do second Olympic cycle. If they are planning to go all the way it's very good decision to give her one, sligtly lighter, season. She can relax a bit, learn what she need in backstage and have fun. They need her to be still at her level but they needs her to be ready 2 years since now. :)