Alina Zagitova | Page 944 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

colormyworld240

Medalist
With Alina's planned content, doing -3Lo, -3T, and -2T-2Lo maximizes her TES. The only time a -Eu-3S combo would be useful is if she were to learn a quad (as she'd get to use all 3 of the 3-3 combos, replacing the a 2A with a triple). Skaters without a quad do -Eu-3S when they don't have a -3Lo combo so that they don't have to repeat -3T (the lowest scoring triple). She also doesn't do solo 3Lo as it would lower her TES (she'd be repeating 3Lo instead of 3Lz/3F). Don't look at individual combos, but rather the BV of the entire program.

colormyworld240

Medalist
How much difference in base value is there between 3f-E-3sal and 3f-2t-2loop?

1.2 because that's the difference between an Eu and 2Lo, which is what the Eu replaces. It can also replace the -2T but unlikely because we don't really see skaters doing 3something-2Lo - it's 2T almost all the time. The 3F 3S portion doesn't matter because the skater would be doing those jumps in their layout anyways, somewhere else in the program so it'll have no effect on the overall BV.

The ability to do a -3Lo combo is useful because it allows you to 1) repeat a higher scoring triple (not 3T) or 2) gaining 1.2 points that would be lost if you wanted to do a Eu combo. A non -3Lo jumping individual would have give up 1) or 2), but a an individual that can jump -3Lo and -3T doesn't have to do either. That's what's given Alina her BV advantage for so long (taking out backloading, GOE, etc.)

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Yes, he looks like he is able to stop bullets by his bare hands (not all joking aside :) ).

With that face, who even needs hands? Bullets flying towards him would be like "Uhm, so sorry, wrong target..." while dropping to the floor :laugh:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Oh my, Alina‘s mom is stunning! No wonder our Alina inherited some of that gorgeousness!

silveruskate

On the Ice
As the Salchow is a solo jump at the moment, changing her triple jump from 3f-2t-2lo to 3f-eu-3s means she could add another 2A in place of the solo 3S. Therefore it would mean an increase in points.

-2t-2lo = 3
-eu + 2A = 3.8

I don't know if you're allowed 3 2As in a program though. I wouldn't recommend doing this just for 0.8 points as well!

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Her dark hair really works for both of her programs this season.

Absolutely! Me Voy & Cleopatra won't work with anything but dark. But she could go red when she does another programme as fiery as Cleo :)

Finley

Record Breaker
Absolutely! Me Voy & Cleopatra won't work with anything but dark. But she could go red when she does another programme as fiery as Cleo :)

She is so beautiful she can pull of anything! I would love to see her experiment with different hair colors :)

paji15

On the Ice
As the Salchow is a solo jump at the moment, changing her triple jump from 3f-2t-2lo to 3f-eu-3s means she could add another 2A in place of the solo 3S. Therefore it would mean an increase in points.

-2t-2lo = 3
-eu + 2A = 3.8

I don't know if you're allowed 3 2As in a program though. I wouldn't recommend doing this just for 0.8 points as well!

No you can't. You can do any double just twice in a program. :) (I'm now rules expert :laugh: )

Idk if it's even technically possible. I never saw Euler and then 2A, skaters are using it as 2A+1Eu+double (Salchow usually). I can't imagine axel from euler. :think: So no, no Eu till she will have Quad, probably even repeating quad :laugh: then maybe (but I personally think they would go for a double anyway, she was able to do all jumps in second part so I don't think she will need euler help, but maybe at the begining?). We'll see.