2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 417 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

ec00834

On the Ice
I only wanted to say that their is much worse scoring than what most of you were yelling about with Anna. So no need to get into hysterics every time you think someone is scored unfairly

Yes, Anna was scored unfairly and people have the right to express their surprise. People were surprised with Yuzu's scores too. I don't see your point.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
1) Anna had a flat edge at worst.
2) Did you expect people in "Russian ladies" thread to stop discussing Russian lady and swith to the oh so outrageous fact of Yuzuru getting a carrot for a 90 UR?[/QUOTE ]

I only used him to show that you made in my eyes and elephant out of a mice concerning Anna's scoring.

Amei

Record Breaker
I've seen it live on the test skates and it has left a deep impression on me. Anna's soft jumps and gentle skating style resonated with the haunting music perfectly. Nothing of it came out at Lombardia because she got super stiff but potentially her SP could be mesmerizing.

It was her first senior international competition and unlike Trusova and Kostornaia she only competed 1 season internationally as a junior due to her leg injury. I expect she'll get more settled down with her next competition; there was more of an ease about her in the FS than the SP at Lombardia.

Amei

Record Breaker
He should keep that "Highest PCS" plaque, it is for a large part his achievement in Anna's skating. Not overlooking Dudakov's contribution of course, but him being the 'tech man' means he always stays in the background compared to 'the artist'.

When I first read the award for components that was presented to Anna I saw the little line at the bottom about "Anna is the kind of person that no one will never forget"; I thought - well that's polite considering its her first senior international competition...then I realized they were talking about Anna Grandolfi :slink::slink:

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Does anyone know if there is a start list for the first Cup of Russia stage yet? Its set to start in three days, but I haven't been able to find one.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Does anyone know if there is a start list for the first Cup of Russia stage yet? Its set to start in three days, but I haven't been able to find one.

Is it in three days!!! OMG! I didn't know. Yes, the Russian Cup will be a bloodbath this year (as always). I wanna know how my team of Gubanova, Nugumanova and Talalaikina are doing. And i hope Tarusina is in there too.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
She didn’t have the wrong edge, but the 4L was <, no?

I did not agree with the call in the short though, that was crazy and came out of nowhere but they didn’t give us a close up replay. Has anyone tried to zoom to see if it was a fair call? Certainly far more egregious < have gone uncalled on the JGP.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
She didn’t have the wrong edge, but the 4L was <, no?

I did not agree with the call in the short though, that was crazy and came out of nowhere but they didn’t give us a close up replay. Has anyone tried to zoom to see if it was a fair call? Certainly far more egregious < have gone uncalled on the JGP.

It wasn't, see several pages back.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Is it in three days!!! OMG! I didn't know. Yes, the Russian Cup will be a bloodbath this year (as always). I wanna know how my team of Gubanova, Nugumanova and Talalaikina are doing. And i hope Tarusina is in there too.

One can only surmise that they are in the Witness Protection Program. :( There's never any news on any of them. I mean nastya for instance hasn't had any good news since when... JPG Final in 2016? ;) hopefully she and the others are in good form and will give good performances whenever they start their seasons. I sure hope it's in September. Of this year.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
One can only surmise that they are in the Witness Protection Program. :( There's never any news on any of them. I mean nasty up for instance hasn't had any good news since when... JPG Final in 2016? ;) hopefully she and the others are in good form and will give good performances whenever they start their seasons. I sure hope it's in September. Of this year.

Somehow though Scott. I hope they get the love and support we are giving them on this thread. Go Gubanova:luv17: Go Nugumanova:luv17: Go Talalaikina:luv17: Go Tarusina:luv17:

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Heyyy the senior season just started with an exciting competition and you guys talk about costumes and skaters'physical appearance? Dresses should be the last of our concerns. As long as skater likes her costume and it's not completely distracting and doesn't go against the rules, we should not shame anyone and bring up some speculations about how some coach would/would not let someone wear that.

And don't even let me start with the discussion of their bodies, all skaters are professional athletes who have a healthy body shape and it's all that matters.

Amen!
Can we let the skaters and coaches have their early skates be what they were intended to be - trial runs to try out costumes, concepts, element layouts while gradually getting back into competitive shape after hopefully a bit of a rest?!

I fully expect a number of changes in costumes as heaviness of fabric, freedom of movement, look on the ice, and overall concept are assessed. Same for reception of concepts no layouts by judges and public and the skater the self.

Many times in the past excellent skaters would look not quite ready in a new season only to make adjustments as the season went on and end up on the podium.

I rather enjoy watching how the whole process evolves and am impressed many times as skaters make adjustments so quickly especially when it happens on the Grand Prix series.

Chill people!

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Don't get me wrong. The debate if it was UR or not is still up, I think. But some people are blurring it all with edge thingys.

Yeah honestly I really don’t care that it wasn’t called. It really seems to me that the ISU has been trending more lenient on URs as of late. If you cannot see it in real time and the jump is otherwise beautiful (no shakiness or tightness on the landing) then they will leave it be. My main issue is that the same standard is applied to everyone. So therefore I don’t want to hear anything about Alysa next week. Both Anna and Alysa are lovely skaters with fantastic quad lutzes landed with a straight back and beautiful running edge.

On that same note, I find the < from the short program absolutely unfair and I was very upset when I saw that protocol. It was a beautiful 3L+3Lo and she performed it the same was she always has. You cannot say that was < but some of the calls we’ve been seeing on the JGP are fine.

I don’t know if it has been pointed out but that panel was odd in general. The scores they were giving were all over the map. Like you’d see -3 and 1 on the same element. They were ridiculous with Young You’s 3A. The one in the short wasn’t the best but she held that edge long enough, I was thinking 0 but they give -2 and -3? Then in the free she steps out but stayed upright and they’re giving her all -3 and -4. Like that’s what you give someone when then flip out and put their hands down. Someone even hit -5. Way to hit the wrong button there slick.

They were also very stingy with GOE on Liza’s 3As. The second one in her free skate looked fine to me - other panels would and have given a similarly performed 3A +2, 3, and 4. They also went really hard on her overrotation - other panels have been more lenient with this in the past. I don’t think we can necessarily count on it being the same way at Skate America.

The right girl won and I am truly happy for Anna, but what an oddly scored event.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Again it's you who brings zhenyas name into it, again I never even thought about zhenya when writing this comment, just because I am a zhenya fan doesn't mean everything i say or write hassoemthing to do with her. Funny thing when we zhenya fans say anything that is not glowing positive about another skater manly if it pertains to a skater from a certain group than you are quick to call us haters, or let loose that it has to do with zhenya. While if it was the other way around we should not even dare to defends a certain skate.r So yes here we can clearly see the double standard. But well it doesn't matter since it was never my intention to bring zhenyas name in here cause I have zhenyas fan thread for that .

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Totally agree. It was crazy!! I can't figure out what the judges were thinking, and it was completely different SP vs FS. I thought for a while they had changed the judges between the two skates.

But we mustn't forget that this was just a 'B' Challenger event. Hopefully the judges will be more sensible and professional at the GP...

readernick

Medalist
Don't get me wrong. The debate if it was UR or not is still up, I think. But some people are blurring it all with edge thingys.
Honestly, pretty much all the quads that have been ratified for ladies with the exception of Valieva's 4T and , on occasionally, Sasha's 4T have been a bit UR. I think it is fine to complain about the lack of calls but I hope we don't see the same amount of hate that Alysa got, again. For her, or for any of the other young ladies. Was Anna's quad UR..yes, it was but it was a great attempt. Very brave of her to go for it when she kept falling on it in practice. These tiny ladies are very brave.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Honestly, pretty much all the quads that have been ratified for ladies with the exception of Valieva's 4T and , on occasionally, Sasha's 4T have been a bit UR. I think it is fine to complain about the lack of calls but I hope we don't see the same amount of hate that Alysa got, again. For her, or for any of the other young ladies. Was Anna's quad UR..yes, it was but it was a great attempt. Very brave of her to go for it when she kept falling on it in practice. These tiny ladies are very brave.

Do you really think so? I feared it was under but when I saw the replays I thought it was just inside. The criteria for UR is still more than 90 degrees, no?