2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 631 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

icybear

Medalist
I love Alena but I really cant bring myself to like her fs program. It does nothing to highlight her artistry. Its like one jumble sale mess. I would have much rather if they had just used the first piece of music throughout. I'm sure her pcs would have been much higher if they had used a better program for her fs.

lusterfan

Final Flight
And Alena ended up getting a ! on her 3F of all things...not her 3A or 3Lz, but the 3F. I will need to rewatch that :scratch2:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Aliona was amazing, I have no words!!! Alina showed grit today, flashbacks from Olympic FS how she added that 3Lo! Gutsy. Gold and Silver. Well done to both. :clap:

But I can't help but be so, so happy for Aliona. After all the troubles she's had in practice, this was just amazing. Outstanding.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Russian girls took 1 and 2! It was a good day.
Alina showed how much of a fighter she is today. Its really too bad she missed the first lutz, but I'm gonna blame that on the ice ;). She was so solid in practice too, I wonder if it was nerves. Anyways, that was so amazing of her to add the 3lo onto the second 3lutz in the second half, and after a super hard transition at that! She really is so strong! She normally doesn't peak during the GP season anyways, so I'm not too worried. And I know second place probably isn't what an Olympic Champion wants to get, but its still amazing that she's kept going like this. And she's a real good sport about it too, she looked happy in the Kiss and Cry, as she should be. She really did great today. And I think she'll be happy going forward in her career even if she doesn't always win gold. She will always be the queen.

And Alena!!! I know everyone was expecting this, but it doesn't make it any less big of a deal that she just won her first Senior GP event. Amazing! Everything was just so solid, and after she was struggling in practice too. You could feel her energy through the screen in that last part of the fp too. And her score was no small one either, she's a real contender for every title. Especially when her sp score inevitably gets higher. The 3A really have all come out with a boom :).

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Oh my god... Alyona's Twilight FS is growing on me. I like it now...

Personally I think that, while the FS doesn't highlight her strengths (speed, flow, elegance) it shows another side of her skating that we haven't gotten to see much of. This energetic, powerful and sassy Alyona that we saw today in the FS was wonderful. I loved her facials during the last part of the program and honestly she really brings out a character during her skate. Thank god the judges finally decided to reward her with a good FS score.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Alina needs another silver in NHK or at least bronze with a higher SB
That 216 wont cut it.

That 216 is a joke. Even when I admit that I've seen her better, her calls both in SP and FS were nuts. At least her combo save was nearly as epic as in Peyongchang :thumbsup:

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Also, Alina!!!! Shame about the first 3Lz, but when she landed that 3Lz3Lo in the second half I screamed out of joy. Even with a rather low score, Alina still smiled and accepted it. I'm so glad she has learned to skate for herself and not for medals. I love her FS, and I love her costume. Personally I think the SP is better though, it allows for her to be more emotional (something she's very good at) and throw her passion on the ice. I can't wait for the gala! Her ex looks so good!

Pantsu

On the Ice
I love Alena but I really cant bring myself to like her fs program. It does nothing to highlight her artistry. Its like one jumble sale mess. I would have much rather if they had just used the first piece of music throughout. I'm sure her pcs would have been much higher if they had used a better program for her fs.

I think her fs program is the best in the ladies field. Gleikh is extremely talented choreographer, others just can't compete with him

E

eterialskater

I love it, great crowd response and the judges are showering it with great PCS and contrary to what your saying this is already an extremely high PCS for someone who just debuted. You can't be serious if you think judges will give her 75+ in her first GP.

lusterfan

Final Flight
I love it, great crowd response and the judges are showering it with great PCS and contrary to what your saying this is already an extremely high PCS for someone who just debuted. You can't be serious if you think judges will give her 75+ in her first GP.

Exactly! She deserves 75+ relative to what everyone else gets, but that will come in time. Judges aren't about to give a debuter that much as it'd give the skater no more room to grow. 72 is already WGM/OGM level PCS. It will come in NHK hopefully!