2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 636 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
At least they had a good laugh about it :laugh2:

GP France really is a hot mess, really hope it gets replaced.

Not very likely, there aren't many feds willing and able to host such an event (and not have the LOC incur a huge financial loss). Figure skating at this level is practiced in only a few Western European countries.
Plus you'll need some home athletes, crowd favourites, and these exist only in Finland foremost, alpine France and Italy.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Maria is her own person and doesn't need anyone to tell her what to do. Leave her to decide her own future, whatever she feels is best for her.
I'm sad she's struggling so much almost scoring in the forties and the short program is unbelievable for someone who was respectable in the Olympics just a year-and-a-half ago. The decision will be partly hers and partly the federation's. I could not believe Maria is skating like this. 50 points in the SP. :( Her confidence is ruined. And once that happens you never get it back in this sport. It's a beautiful sport but it's also a brutal sport in so many ways.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Please stop. You are not funny

Excuse me?!
Um... maybe I wasn’t notified, but since when some posters took on responsibility to tell others how to react, and what they should or should not say?
I don’t care what you think, I can and will express my opinion.

Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous what some users allow themselves.

zounger

Medalist
Silver was her destiny today, she did make mistakes. Alyona was the best overall.
Even ignoring the judging completely

The fact that Alena was better doesn't mean that the calls on the lutz was correct. You are saying the same thing for 2 days now across 30 something pages. What you are saying has nothing to do with what other people are saying. You quote them, people get infractions life is going on and the trees are blue.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Interview with Aliona

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4YHcFWpemL/?igshid=1kz2fmbqxiskw

”You beat Zagitova today, how do you feel about that? Sad or happy?“

“I really can‘t answer this question as Alina is a great sportsman. She won all competitions, you cannot even imagine! And I‘m very happy that she‘s on the podium too.“

Really love her and Alina‘s sportsmanship so far! Great to see.

As for Aliona... something that might be overlooked because her skating is so very impressive but... her speaking English during the interviews impresses me so much as well. Like, she‘s so young and it‘s obvious that this is largely self-taught English that isn‘t perfect yet. And yet she still goes for it and tries and isn‘t afraid of making mistakes. This takes guts. Maybe not the same as trying a 3A on bad ice but a different kind that‘s still admirable. Overall, I‘m very proud to be her fan today. :)

katymay

Medalist
Silver was her destiny today, she did make mistakes. Alyona was the best overall.
Even ignoring the judging completely

Even if Alina had skated her best, I think she still would have been second, just not by 20 points. Alina was so great in practice, and even in the warmup. Her stamina just leaves me in awe. She never seems to get tired, it is just amazing to watch. All of Eteri's girls are well conditioned, but Alina in particular just leaves me astounded. What a new world we live in where Alina may well be winnowed out this year. (On the World team) On the other hand, she has won everything there is to win. The new generation has arrived, and another new set behind them.

Gutted for Kaori-she always seems to come in 4th, even when it seems as if she has just skated a near perfect program.

Not a huge fan of Aloyna's program yet, (except for the last segment), but perhaps it will grow on me. Then again, when she skates you pay more attention to the skating, and the music really doesn't matter to me. She is so light and beautiful. All three girls are equally talented, and any one of the three can win on any given day. What a crazy situation.

zounger

Medalist
Both Alina and Alena were grateful to each other. I'm very happy to see that. For Alina's general reactions across the competition and for Alena's at kiss and cry. Keep the team spirit and all four of you will go down in history not only for the achievements. There are more important stuff in sport and athleticism, kids are watching new generation is shaping behind. There is a historic opportunity to achieve something great that will be mentioned in the decades to come...

I like what I see so far...

zounger

Medalist
I'm satisfied with the results, the podium was exactly as it should be, all three deserved their medals.

All three went out there and did ths best they could at the time.

Can't people just be happy for the skaters and move on?

:laugh2: I'm moving on :dance3:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Alina will be treated with respect and deservedly so in Japan. I'm sure she's leaving France a little bit bewildered.

And a special gold medal should be awarded to flanker for always standing tall like the Berlin Wall for Alina Alina Sasha and Anna! :) ;)

Thank you for this compliment :agree:
(BTW one of my friends characterized me once -not completely in a positive sense - as a person who in dispute digs the trench and never retreats from the position. So when I decided to be a fan of 4A, I'm fulfilling my duty.)

Mishaminion

Record Breaker

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
You can call it whatever you want. I prefer incompetence. He’s a bad tech caller.

Okay, that's your opinion, fair enough.

He was equally WTH with quite a few skaters to be fair.

I apologise for what I said, a lot of people have attacked the man and accused him of all sorts of things, so I jumped the gun on that and i am sorry

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
So he simply made mistakes then? Is that it? If they were absurd was it simply human error or do you think it was deliberate?

Simple question

Lol. So much trying to push the “conspiracy” thing again, relax dude.
Simple answer. I believe he’s not fitting the requirements to do his job. I don’t care whether those were honest mistakes, he pushed the wrong button, sat on his computer, or he was biased. As a fan, I don’t have to think about it, it’s not of importance to me.
All I see, is that he’s not doing his job properly, and that’s enough to call him unqualified in my eyes.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Lol. So much trying to push the “conspiracy” thing again, relax dude.
Simple answer. I believe he’s not fitting the requirements to do his job. I don’t care whether those were honest mistakes, he pushed the wrong button, sat on his computer, or he was biased. As a fan, I don’t have to think about it, it’s not of importance to me.
All I see, is that he’s not doing his job properly, and that’s enough to call him unqualified in my eyes.

Okay. Fair answer.

I did apologise in another post. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I am also a...bit...drunk