Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I've read that BS already. Srsly, every time people start ranting about "Eteri's monopoly", it reminds me The Hot Fuzz scere. "The fact is you've been making us all look bad". :devil:

Fried

Final Flight
I've read that BS already. Srsly, every time people start ranting about "Eteri's monopoly", it reminds me The Hot Fuzz scere. "The fact is you've been making us all look bad". :devil:
What is bothering you about the term? You yourself will never tire of emphasizing how successful Eteri is and how her skaters dominate the single skating of the women absolutely unchallenged. It's literally a monopoly on the figure skating business. The term itself is neither positive nor negative, it describes a state of proportionality. And, sorry, whether it is figure skating, football or bicycle racing, it ALWAYS leads to boredom and resentment if one and the same team dominates permanently. And it is also completely natural that the fans of the dominant team (and ONLY those) do not understand this and protest against it. I would probably do the same.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Those losses hurt EG without question. But she still has a major monopoly on ladies figure skating even without Sasha.

Yes losing Sasha hurts EG but I think losing Veronika hurts even more because we've never seen an eleven-year-old like her. She already does brutally tough jumps with seemingly ease. No question young Sergei was the main reason she left as well as promises made by the big guy.

Sasha also still has to deal with Aliona Anna Alina and very possibly the best of them all Killa Kamila waiting in the wings along with Maya and Dasha and who knows who else in a year or two.

I wish all the skaters who left Eteri for the Plushenko Academy well. Someone on Eteris team called Sasha a traitor. The comment was ridiculous Benedict Arnold was a traitor. Sasha Trusova or Veronika Zhilina. They make business decisions and change coaches and academies. They did not change countries and citizenships and even if they did and the skaters who have that does not make them traitors.

Fried

Final Flight
I understood the article rather so that it generally welcomes that the changes will make the FS world a little more varied and exciting and in my opinion there is definitely something to it. If TT fans would take off their blinkers, they could see that in the end it will be even more exciting for them, since the TT skaters now have at least one serious opponent. So far it was clear beforehand that three ET girls occupied the podium and who received which medal was a minor matter. Now it's exciting - for everyone! For those who appreciate TT and for those who tend not to appreciate it. So it is in the interests of everyone (and sport) that a monopoly is likely to be broken. The abandoned group may dislike the fact that this happens through a transition (and on top of that to an "opponent"), but that's the sport. It is not only the interests of a team that count, but also the interests of the athlete. The relationship between coach and athlete is business-like, and the talk of "like a family" doesn't change anything (that is good in the media, of course, but it is utter nonsense). Let us all realize that there are bigger problems than coach changings and let us all looking forward to exciting competitions in the future.

McBibus

On the Ice
I saw the article just today. It is from May, but since I find it very interesting, I post it here.

The escape of Trusova (and two others) destroyed Tutberidze's monopoly. And that's great for our whole figure skating.

https://m.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/runningupthathill/2776574.html

Disagree: a progress would be a new school emerging with a new Trusova.
Moving trusova from one rink to the other is just politics (a great move for Plushenko).
I even think it's worst because until all the 3A were from the same school there was no benefit from pushing the judges in one direction, while with the girls in different rinks there will be a struggle to gain favour out of the ice.
I read about Sasha, that will get programs artistically more suited for her and "male" steps: I read as "we will do something different and I want PCS and GOE on the SS".

Not denying that there could be a better choreo for Sasha (she's growing and need to experiment), but the way it is advertised made me think of bringing that "Pushing" game we all hate on the international scene on the national competitions.
I may be wrong but a great italian Politician man once said "Thinking bad (of someone actions) is a sin, but you're rarely wrong"

Anyway, I can't wait to see her skate again.
She deserve better than last season.
Hope she finds more consinstency.
That perfect program had always been in her legs, she just needs the mind to get on the same tune.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Plyushchenko parasiting on the state schools 'rejects' is one thing, proving that he, the great Yevgeniy Viktorovich, is the 'Universal Trainer' from the future of figure skating, besting the currently best training teams is quite another. If only he applied himself seriously ....

Scott512

Record Breaker
Moving trusova from one rink to the other is just politics (a great move for Plushenko).
I even think it's worst because until all the 3A were from the same school there was no benefit from pushing the judges in one direction, while with the girls in different rinks there will be a struggle to gain favour out of the ice.
I read about Sasha, that will get programs artistically more suited for her and "male" steps: I read as "we will do something different and I want PCS and GOE on the SS".

Not denying that there could be a better choreo for Sasha (she's growing and need to experiment), but the way it is advertised made me think of bringing that "Pushing" game we all hate on the international scene on the national competitions.
I may be wrong but a great italian Politician man once said "Thinking bad (of someone actions) is a sin, but you're rarely wrong"

Anyway, I can't wait to see her skate again.
She deserve better than last season.
Hope she finds more consinstency.
That perfect program had always been in her legs, she just needs the mind to get on the same tune.

Tremendous in-depth post Mac. I especially agree with you about how real progress would be developing a Sasha at another school instead of just taking her already made.

But I will say Sasha didn't deserve better last season because she didn't do better. In the big competitions she finished third for a reason. She will do better this season and she has the upside to do better if she skates clutch like she did in juniors. She was able to separate herself from Anna and aliona in juniors. And she can do that again if she's not falling in her unbelievably difficult free state.

Fried

Final Flight

Tremendous in-depth post Mac. I especially agree with you about how real progress would be developing a Sasha at another school instead of just taking her already made.

But I will say Sasha didn't deserve better last season because she didn't do better. In the big competitions she finished third for a reason. She will do better this season and she has the upside to do better if she skates clutch like she did in juniors. She was able to separate herself from Anna and aliona in juniors. And she can do that again if she's not falling in her unbelievably difficult free state.

You always make the same mistake. You look from the perspective of the school, the team, the coach. You do NOT think of the athlete. In addition, you make the coaching team responsible for the positive aspects of the work so far, while blaming the athlete for not having worked out in the end. This is the typical black and white thinking of a team fan. Without TT Sasha would not have achieved what she have achieved. But surely TT would not have achieved with another girl what she achieved with Sasha. And I'm not even talking about the positive icebreaker effect that Sasha had on the other skaters at TT. In short, Sasha benefited from TT, but TT also benefited from Sasha. And not a little! The athlete is not owned by the team, the two share common interests. If these interests no longer fit together, the dissatisfied side has to look around for alternatives. Very easily.
Even the fairy tale of the "finished athlete" is nonsense. We've had it all 1000 times. If the girls were "finished", there would be no progress in the future. If sasha had been "finished", she would have won everything. If one should not benefit from the services of the previous trainer, TT should not make the demands on their novices as they do when recording.
And why do you suddenly complain about any possible "unjust treatment" by the judge? Firstly, these are nothing more than wild theories for the time being, secondly, nobody has been bothered by the Eteri bonus so far.
Judging will never be fair. This is due to the nature of this sport, which is actually not a "really" sport as the performance cannot be measured objectively.

Fried

Final Flight
Plyushchenko parasiting on the state schools 'rejects' is one thing, proving that he, the great Yevgeniy Viktorovich, is the 'Universal Trainer' from the future of figure skating, besting the currently best training teams is quite another. If only he applied himself seriously ....

I have said it several times. Why don't you just wait for the upcoming results? Plushenko's previous failures as a coach have already been counted 1000 times, so that they are now also registered the last one. Sasha couldn't or didn't want to work with TT anymore. Only she knows the reasons. Let's just wait and see. Have a little patience, Edwin, and believe me, should Sasha be wrong, Plushenko bashing is much more fun.
However, I personally have the feeling that her decision to move to Plushenko with Rozanov was the right one in the end, even if it looked wrong from the outside. I just don't care about Yevgeniy Viktorovich's pomposity. I don't have to marry him, and Sasha doesn't have to do it either.
If she gets something in her new environment that makes her mentally stronger, everything is justified and the successes will turn out.

Scott512

Record Breaker
You always make the same mistake. You look from the perspective of the school, the team, the coach. You do NOT think of the athlete. In addition, you make the coaching team responsible for the positive aspects of the work so far, while blaming the athlete for not having worked out in the end. This is the typical black and white thinking of a team fan. Without TT Sasha would not have achieved what she have achieved. But surely TT would not have achieved with another girl what she achieved with Sasha. And I'm not even talking about the positive icebreaker effect that Sasha had on the other skaters at TT. In short, Sasha benefited from TT, but TT also benefited from Sasha. And not a little! The athlete is not owned by the team, the two share common interests. If these interests no longer fit together, the dissatisfied side has to look around for alternatives. Very easily.
Even the fairy tale of the "finished athlete" is nonsense. We've had it all 1000 times. If the girls were "finished", there would be no progress in the future. If sasha had been "finished", she would have won everything. If one should not benefit from the services of the previous trainer, TT should not make the demands on their novices as they do when recording.
And why do you suddenly complain about any possible "unjust treatment" by the judge? Firstly, these are nothing more than wild theories for the time being, secondly, nobody has been bothered by the Eteri bonus so far.
Judging will never be fair. This is due to the nature of this sport, which is actually not a "really" sport as the performance cannot be measured objectively.

Oh I think of the athlete and Sasha could be a once-in-a-generation athlete. So likeable personally.

Like you say let's wait for the results with her new team. The problem is that may be a very long wait.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I have said it several times. Why don't you just wait for the upcoming results? Plushenko's previous failures as a coach have already been counted 1000 times, so that they are now also registered the last one. Sasha couldn't or didn't want to work with TT anymore. Only she knows the reasons. Let's just wait and see. Have a little patience, Edwin, and believe me, should Sasha be wrong, Plushenko bashing is much more fun.
However, I personally have the feeling that her decision to move to Plushenko with Rozanov was the right one in the end, even if it looked wrong from the outside. I just don't care about Yevgeniy Viktorovich's pomposity. I don't have to marry him, and Sasha doesn't have to do it either.
If she gets something in her new environment that makes her mentally stronger, everything is justified and the successes will turn out.

Plushenko's mistakes were front of the whole Russian media front of millions because he is Evgeni Plushenko. The other coaches as Eteri Tutberidze could make mistakes for long years. No one cares about the mistakes. When Eteri became more famous her mistakes outraged many persons, too.
Plushenko did mistakes as a coach in his first and second year. Serafima and Nasyta arrived to the academy too early they weren't in the plan.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Plushenko's mistakes were front of the whole Russian media front of millions because he is Evgeni Plushenko. The other coaches as Eteri Tutberidze could make mistakes for long years. No one cares about the mistakes. When Eteri became more famous her mistakes outraged many persons, too.
Plushenko did mistakes as a coach in his first and second year. Serafima and Nasyta arrived to the academy too early they weren't in the plan.

Interesting post plushie. But those two girls were in the plans otherwise he wouldn't have taken them in. I'm sure Plushenko will do much better with Sasha. Who could mess that up? Sasha will do the work she has an amazing motor and amount of energy. Now it's up to the coaches and choreographers to give her top-level programs.

colormyworld240

Medalist

I'm not really a fan of Team Eteri as a whole; I'd say the number of skaters I enjoy and don't are equal. But your statement is contradictory to what you said above. You stated that Eteri has monopoly in that the podium was likely to be her skaters, and it's more interesting now that Sasha is on a different team. Sure, that could be the case for some. But that is quite literally from the perspective of the school, team, and coach, NOT of the athlete. So aren't you making the same mistake that you're accusing others of? After all, even when all 3 girls were coached by the same team, they were individual athletes; they didn't become "more" individual since Sasha switched. That is only from the perspective of the team, which you seem to be so against, unless it's your own comment.

Fried

Final Flight
I'm not really a fan of Team Eteri as a whole; I'd say the number of skaters I enjoy and don't are equal. But your statement is contradictory to what you said above. You stated that Eteri has monopoly in that the podium was likely to be her skaters, and it's more interesting now that Sasha is on a different team. Sure, that could be the case for some. But that is quite literally from the perspective of the school, team, and coach, NOT of the athlete. So aren't you making the same mistake that you're accusing others of? After all, even when all 3 girls were coached by the same team, they were individual athletes; they didn't become "more" individual since Sasha switched. That is only from the perspective of the team, which you seem to be so against, unless it's your own comment.

You could see it like this, but no, please read my post carefully. It was aimed at fans of a team, so I referred to their point of view and tried to explain why, from their point of view, it can be an advantage if a monopoly is broken. The statement that it is now more interesting also related to it. Before there was no one who could beat "their team", now it looks different.
So it wasn't about my own view. However, it is of course the case that I find it very, very exciting to see the extent to which Sasha's skating and choreography will change. This depends on the team, of course, but I think it's still different than "thinking from the team" as you do as a team fan.
As a Trusova fan, it doesn't matter which flag she sails under (and whether inside or outside the monopoly) as long as she is doing well.
I didn't want to accuse anyone either. Maybe I put it too sharply, sorry. I wanted to ask to change the perspective to promote understanding of other opinions, conclusions and actions.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Interesting post plushie. But those two girls were in the plans otherwise he wouldn't have taken them in. I'm sure Plushenko will do much better with Sasha. Who could mess that up? Sasha will do the work she has an amazing motor and amount of energy. Now it's up to the coaches and choreographers to give her top-level programs.

No. I mentioned it but you and some other Plush haters didn't listen to me. I know all of his interveiws what he said what was his plan. The Plushenko school was in his dream from his childhood.

In 2015 he said he will skate for 4-5 years on shows he adores it and he is invited by the organizers many times plus he planned own shows. He was able to skate in them! despit to his injuries! Fantastic!The level of his shows is unreachable he worked in it as a producer, skater, choreographer.
He wanted to work with little pupils from the basics of the figure skating. The ice-rink wasn't well-sized but that was perfect for the little pupils. He had some other choaches who can work with them thus he can do other tasks. Thinking logically if you have own academy you have to deal with it business as well, have to pay the bills, is the ice good enough or not especially if that is a new one, etc.

The academy was opened in April Sima arrived end of summer. I'm really curious why she wanted to train there. What were her main reasons? I have suspicion....
Plushenko had many signed contracts with shows already. We knew it because those were advertised. Sima worked continuously with another coach but Plushenko helped the work if he was there. You can read in her interviews if you want as well as in Nastya's. Nastya told Plush worked with her on everything! He helped her in everything.
The Russian media continously wrote about the academy, because wanted to reach readers. Two questions were the most important what is the cost and Plush is there or not every day....

I have a question if you can earn cca $ 10 millions or you train a not top skater and to train a talented junior but who is before the puberty ....what would you choose? This is the reason why I don't believe he lurked top skaters then..

But the time is arrived..In spring of 2019 he said he won't accept many shows because he wants to work more on his academy ..he is the main coach of Sofya Titova ( the ice dancer, Mikhaylov is the another one on ice and there are off ice trainers) he worked with her he was with her on every competition and look at her results! She is the novice champion of Russia!

He rents a well-sized ice since May of 2019. If the pandemic and the crise didn't stop it the new academy in new building is going to be ready in next year......look at! https://www.instagram.com/p/B0K9tzHiBJ2/ ( Will be opened March 2021.)

Interesting details the Rusian media didn't mention his well-sized ice-rink or the pupils who don't pay, who receive grants from Plush. Many Fs fans asked how Sasha will train on that little ice??

I don't say Plushenko will be a great coach I don't know yet but we must wait.

Scott512

Record Breaker
You fried fried with facts! Especially about Frieds contradiction.

I do say I wish Sasha the Egyptian Queen Trusova well in her new surroundings. I definitely want to see her smiling again in the kiss n cry cry not crying. And not having to phenoms like Anna and Aliona to train with every day as well as Alina may actually be a benefit for her. Sasha can now dominate every practice against Stasya in ways that she could not against Alyona and Anna.

Scott512

Record Breaker
No. I mentioned it but you and some other Plush haters didn't listen to me. I know all of his interveiws what he said what was his plan. The Plushenko school was in his dream from his childhood.

In 2015 he said he will skate for 4-5 years on shows he adores it and he is invited by the organizers many times plus he planned own shows. He was able to skate in them! despit to his injuries! Fantastic!The level of his shows is unreachable he worked in it as a producer, skater, choreographer.
He wanted to work with little pupils from the basics of the figure skating. The ice-rink wasn't well-sized but that was perfect for the little pupils. He had some other choaches who can work with them thus he can do other tasks. Thinking logically if you have own academy you have to deal with it business as well, have to pay the bills, is the ice good enough or not especially if that is a new one, etc.

The academy was opened in April Sima arrived end of summer. I'm really curious why she wanted to train there. What were her main reasons? I have suspicion....
Plushenko had many signed contracts with shows already. We knew it because those were advertised. Sima worked continuously with another coach but Plushenko helped the work if he was there. You can read in her interviews if you want as well as in Nastya's. Nastya told Plush worked with her on everything! He helped her in everything.
The Russian media continously wrote about the academy, because wanted to reach readers. Two questions were the most important what is the cost and Plush is there or not every day....

I have a question if you can earn cca $ 10 millions or you train a not top skater and to train a talented junior but who is before the puberty ....what would you choose? This is the reason why I don't believe he lurked top skaters then..

But the time is arrived..In spring of 2019 he said he won't accept many shows because he wants to work more on his academy ..he is the main coach of Sofya Titova ( the ice dancer, Mikhaylov is the another one on ice and there are off ice trainers) he worked with her he was with her on every competition and look at her results! She is the novice champion of Russia!

He rents a well-sized ice since May of 2019. If the pandemic and the crise didn't stop it the new academy in new building is going to be ready in next year......look at! https://www.instagram.com/p/B0K9tzHiBJ2/ ( Will be opened March 2021.)

Interesting details the Rusian media didn't mention his well-sized ice-rink or the pupils who don't pay, who receive grants from Plush. Many Fs fans asked how Sasha will train on that little ice??

I don't say Plushenko will be a great coach I don't know yet but we must wait.

Please stop with the I hate Plushenko stuff. I liked and admired him as a skater for his all-time great career. But that doesn’t mean I like his actions or his big mouth as a coach and the leader of an Academy. Sima and Nastya T went to him no doubt for what he promised that he could do for them and because he is Evgeny Plushenko Russian legend all time great figure skater. It didn’t work out for either girl but it was certainly worth the risk. Plushenko also worked with Olympic champion Adelina for a couple years and helped her get into shows and make money and build her profile. I’m sure that’s what these other girls are looking for as well. Sasha wants it all the results the fame the legend and she has a chance to do it all. Like you say plushy let’s wait and see what happens.

Fried

Final Flight
I do say I wish Sasha the Egyptian Queen Trusova well in her new surroundings. I definitely want to see her smiling again in the kiss n cry cry not crying. And not having to phenoms like Anna and Aliona to train with every day as well as Alina may actually be a benefit for her. Sasha can now dominate every practice against Stasya in ways that she could not against Alyona and Anna.

How many times has been complained about the evil Alina/Anna/Aliona-haters (Sasha is no longer worth mentioning for obvious reasons), who expose themselves when they start their sentences with "I'm a fan of Alina, but ...". Your way of giving negative things a positive touch is far more subtle and sophisticated. Bravo! Wishing good luck to Sasha and assuming in the same breath that she would not have been able to train alongside the phenomena* Anna and Alyona, is hard to beat in wickedness. Just like the malicious claim that she needed weaker skaters as training partners.
Where do you get your insider knowledge from? Are you present during the practice?
The pain that Sasha's exit left with Tutberidze fans must be very, very deep. No doubt.

*Of course, to use this term as a counterpart to Sasha is, on the one hand, indescribably ridiculous, on the other hand, this also shows your keen sense for covert mockery. Of course you don't say that Sasha wasn't a phenomenon too. Of course it doesn't mean that everyone else is less beautiful when one says that "wonderful Alyona is the most beautiful skater in the world". Sometimes my eyes roll so much that I start to squint. It would be nice if such unrealistic enthusiasm would in future only be performed again in the FF. Otherwise, other posters are forced to contradict here and that cannot be the aim of the matter.

I would like to add an PS: Maybe I am too hard and maybe it was not deliberately your intention. However, the result remains the same. Maybe you will think about it.

Scott512

Record Breaker
How many times has been complained about the evil Alina/Anna/Aliona-haters (Sasha is no longer worth mentioning for obvious reasons), who expose themselves when they start their sentences with "I'm a fan of Alina, but ...". Your way of giving negative things a positive touch is far more subtle and sophisticated. Bravo! Wishing good luck to Sasha and assuming in the same breath that she would not have been able to train alongside the phenomena* Anna and Alyona, is hard to beat in wickedness. Just like the malicious claim that she needed weaker skaters as training partners.
Where do you get your insider knowledge from? Are you present during the practice?
The pain that Sasha's exit left with Tutberidze fans must be very, very deep. No doubt.

*Of course, to use this term as a counterpart to Sasha is, on the one hand, indescribably ridiculous, on the other hand, this also shows your keen sense for covert mockery. Of course you don't say that Sasha wasn't a phenomenon too. Of course it doesn't mean that everyone else is less beautiful when one says that "wonderful Alyona is the most beautiful skater in the world". Sometimes my eyes roll so much that I start to squint. It would be nice if such unrealistic enthusiasm would in future only be performed again in the FF. Otherwise, other posters are forced to contradict here and that cannot be the aim of the matter.

I would like to add an PS: Maybe I am too hard and maybe it was not deliberately your intention. However, the result remains the same. Maybe you will think about it.

You keep mentioning haters. There should be no haters of these amazing athletes. This is the first time I have heard I am subtle and sophisticated. Hmmm. Thats like both a compliment and insult rolled into one. ;) I have no hidden agenda and I do not root against anyone who leaves Eteri and her great dynasty of a girls and ladies team. Although the drop in scores for all ladies who leave EG is eye opening. :eeking: That said I expect super girl Sasha to break that trend. She will bring the brass knuckles this year looking to seek and destroy everyone in her way. :devil: Its all up to Sashas free skate. If she can master that she wins. Even against Aliona and Anna. If she has LP struggles like last season she will take bronze.