Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Um, yes, but we‘re literal nobodies on a skating forum. He‘s an official coach. Can you imagine Orser saying in an interview that Nathan‘s programs are “awful“? Yeah, no, I can‘t either.

There‘s a different way to word that, if you want to be classy. (and especially not dragging your underage student into this again. Aliona will get hate for this comment, for sure. Why just why does this seem to be such a common pattern for Russian coaches?!) Plushenko doesn‘t seem to care a whole lot about that. It‘s funny, reading his bluntness. But it‘s also scary - what if, one day, Sasha or Aliona decide to leave him?

Is it awful or another word that got lost in translation?

Fluture

Record Breaker
Daniil’s choreo is usually bad. Sometimes he gets it, but it’s 1 out 10 choreos he does. Eteri is a better choreographer than him.

Well, one thing‘s for sure. We‘ll now get to find out how Mr. Hot Sergei does as a choreographer.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Daniil’s choreo is usually bad. Sometimes he gets it, but it’s 1 out 10 choreos he does. Eteri is a better choreographer than him.

Well yes, I think Daniil is a hack but he has his fans.....I felt the same way as Plushenko when I saw that footwork sequence from Kostornaia. She really deserves a better choreographer.

Fried

Final Flight
I won‘t lie, this whole drama entertains me. At the same time, I would sit here more relaxed, enjoying the show if only it didn‘t also happen to involve two kids who literally just want to live and skate in peace...

The most important and correct statement in this thread. The girls are nothing but game balls in a fat business. I feel sorry for them.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Covid, no one can get into Canada or leave for Russia. Don't think choreography over video will work.

Rozanov apparently did choreos for some juniors and novices. I thought it was Daniil's choreo....

Maybe the one who did Sinitsyna's programs then.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Again, I am not sure. But as an aspiring medical student in the US, I know it’s extremely expensive!

It is very expensive to go to medical school moreso if you need to buy youur way in so to speak because it is competitive. ( ie move or go to another country). While you might be in debt say even 300,000 to 400,000 you are in one of the rarest of professions where you are in demand, you can find a job and are guaranteed a very very good salary unnlike lawyers, architects, accountants. AT least in Canada and the US (Especially Canada). Joannie Rochette is finishing med school right now - 2010 olympic bronze medallist. And I think an American Olympic champion Tenley Albrigtht orsomeonearound that era also became a doctor. Competitive athletes are often great students. VEry determined and disciplined. But back to this announcement. How strange and dramatic. Oh Russian skating - the drama fest for the world.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The most important and correct statement in this thread. The girls are nothing but game balls in a fat business. I feel sorry for them.

I find that expression strangely picturesque.

I think in English you would say Pawns. They are pawns on a bigger chessboard. But I like your expression.

Finley

Record Breaker
But Aliona left two weeks ago, surely that should be enough time to process the news and control one‘s emotions? I get that it‘s hard to lose athletes, it hurts and it‘s a blow to the ego. But why not just let a social media manager handle this then, if it‘s too difficult? There‘s many ways she wouldn‘t have to deal with this. But it‘s happened too many times before and she‘s had two weeks to decide on her reaction. This looks like a deliberate choice. “Emotions“ stopped being a credible argument a while ago, imho at least.

As for the other stuff: No coach is perfect. Not Brian Orser. Certainly not Frank Carroll. They‘ve both done things that have made me go: :unsure: :dev2: before. And while these actions (Brian with that messy Yuna split, Frank with how he seemed to really have hurt Gracie) were terrible, there has not been a continued, systematic slander of literal children in the media. OVER YEARS. I just can‘t with that. It‘s okay to be disappointed and even feel betrayed, Eteri is human too. But then, for heaven‘s sake, just refuse to comment or let a manager/spokesperson deal with this. Aliona’s already had to close her comments on instagram because of the hate she was getting. It‘s just unbelievable. I so was hoping Eteri‘s post was fake...

I agree. Someone needs to draw her a map to the high road. The last thing any of these athletes need is more online hate from trolls. :(

When I read online translations of Daniil's IG video it seems that he thought Alena left Novogorsk two weeks ago because she wasn't feeling well. (Please correct me if I am wrong) I believe he thought that is all it was and had no reason to think otherwise. Dave Lease from TSL tweeted that he heard something about all of this going down on Monday. Based on Eteri & Daniil's reactions I think they were the last to know. If Eteri knew about this on Monday we would have been having this conversation on Monday. I'm not making an excuse for her. I just think this was always going to be her reaction and we got it as soon as she could post it after she heard.

Same with Daniil. He could have waited and posted after he had some distance from it and been a little more clear headed about the situation. I believe that video is pretty reflective of his first reaction.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
:clapper: I applaud Alena for doing this, good for her!

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Rozanov apparently did choreos for some juniors and novices. I thought it was Daniil's choreo....

I also thought he was doing some of the choreography for Eteri's younger ones, including Petrosyan and Akatieva. For what it's worth, I thought those were better programs by comparison. Not great but better.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Nadia is in California, a Covid hotbed, but if she still has citizenship (doubtful) she could go to Russia (also doubtful, Sinitsina went to her, so did Sotskova at one point).

Finley

Record Breaker
Um, yes, but we‘re literal nobodies on a skating forum. He‘s an official coach. Can you imagine Orser saying in an interview that Nathan‘s programs are “awful“? Yeah, no, I can‘t either.

There‘s a different way to word that, if you want to be classy. (and especially not dragging your underage student into this again. Aliona will get hate for this comment, for sure. Why just why does this seem to be such a common pattern for Russian coaches?!) Plushenko doesn‘t seem to care a whole lot about that. It‘s funny, reading his bluntness. But it‘s also scary - what if, one day, Sasha or Aliona decide to leave him?

Sandra Bezic handled this really well. She was asked her thoughts on Eteri's choreography in an online interview and rather than insult a colleague she just said 'it's not my taste.'

Status
Not open for further replies.