Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helena b

Rinkside
Yes. That is the Russian media. They want readers they want sensations all the time. Who follows him and read everything about him as you and me knows this. :thumbsup:

Can I ask your opinion on Plushenko's parenting methods, plushyfan? It's not politics and it's relevant to this topic because he wants to be a figure skating coach, which means working with children. I don't visit GoldenSkate often, but I don't think I seen any of the Plush stans say something about it.

You follow him, you know what I'm talking about.

readernick

Medalist
Just because other coaches have said or done inappropriate things in the past does not absolve Eteri of blame for her current behavior. Murder is always wrong, it doesn't matter how than people have murdered previously. Stealing is wrong, it doesn't matter how many others have stolen in the past. Bad mouthing children is wrong, it doesn't matter who is doing the bad mouthing. Eteri may get more criticism due to sexism (women are often criticized more than their male counterparts for similar actions), but her words are still hurtful and wrong.

As someone who has spent years working with teenagers, I can only say that the type of public criticism that Eteri (and other coaches such as Plushenko, Buianova, Mie Hamada, and so on, so on) have thrown at their former/current students would get you fired from your job in most professions where you work with children. Teenagers do not have the same mental control and reasoning skills as grown adults. Their brains are not fully developed and sometimes they are complete brats/jerks. But, as an adult, it is your responsibility to show maturity and not respond in an immature manner. It is sad to see these respected experts behaving like children, when they should be examples for those around them. The teenagers who refuse to comment are showing more maturity than the adults around them. It is a sad situation. All of the people arguing about who is worse, are ignoring the real issues at play here.

Fried

Final Flight
Can I ask your opinion on Plushenko's parenting methiods, plushyfan? It's not politics and it's relevant to this topic because he wants to be a figure skating coach, which means working with children. I don't visit GoldenSkate often, but I don't think I seen any one the Plush stans say something about it.

Wihout words.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDUNJNvqnA1/?igshid=1ivpxzellhmvr

I don't think speaking the truth can be considered as badmouthing when certain skaters act like trash

But why? If the coach thought that the skater acted like trash, why would the coach jump down into the mud and start rolling arround with the trash?

A person in a position of trust and authority has an obligation to comport him/herself with some sort of dignity and sense of self worth, not go popping off on Twitter like a teenaged idiot herself.

Last edited:

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
I don't think speaking the truth can be considered as badmouthing when certain skaters act like trash

Speaking “the truth” can absolutely be considered badmouthing, especially when you are a grown adult revealing the private vulnerable human moments of teenagers who lack properly developed brains.

I’ve had personal and professional relationships end on a sour note and it didn’t give me the right to bash that person all over town to any and everyone who would listen, even if all parties are adults and what I was saying would have been the truth. The transgression isn’t theft, fraud, abuse, rape, or murder - they have a right to go on with their lives in peace without everyone knowing every little detail of what lead to our fallout, as do I.

Ask yourself why it is so important for everyone to know that (allegedly) Zhenya said that Alina should have been left in juniors and Alyona made a persona non grata list? Or that people left without saying goodbye or bringing gifts? What value do these details really add to the situation? None whatsoever. The only thing that needs to be said is that they will no longer train in her group. That’s it that’s all.

The word “tattling” comes to mind. Someone does something that might be considered wrong or against social norms and a person reports it only to get them in trouble, not because their transgression was significant or could potentially cause harm. Eteri gossips about and tattles on her former students in order to get them in trouble with the public because they dared to leave/question her authority. It’s petty immature behavior.

Helena b

Rinkside
Just watch videos from Titova's competitions. The interaction between her and Plushenko can be seen there. That says a lot.

So, if he's nice to Titova on camera then it's ok that he beats him son with a belt and locks him in a dark room as punishment?

Ok, no more questions.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
What what what???

Sounds like I was totally wrong when I suggested that Kostornaya might not have been that much wanting the sponsors the others all got...

Okay, now I have gotten through opening GS before waking up and seeing that heading... I can't say I am totally astonished (in fact, I did predict the 3A would crack). And to be honest, I don't really think Tutberidze can be really blamed for the fractures, the sheer domination of first Medvedeva/Zagitova and then the girls definitely no longer known as 3A was bound to put enormous strain on her ability to handle and channel their ambitions, and it appears she hasn't worked out as yet how to control that sort of unholy internal stress.

Let's be honest, Brian had his hands full with just the two OGM contenders (both of whom were older, and famous for their friendship and generosity) in 2018. It would take someone with the management skills of a five star general and the patience of Job to do it with at least four teenage OGM wannabes who furthermore can look at Julia, Evgenia and Alina and know they have one and one only shot.

And that is without the unholy problems and anxiety/pressure that 2020 has also brought.

But the message from Tutberidze is pretty crass to put it kindly, and she is increasingly showing form for crass.
Yes.
I don't know if there is another coach who had to manage 4 WC potentials during one season. Let alone work with close to 10 students who all can be stars at their level. Departures are predictables.
The only bad thing in these situations is Eteri's reaction.

Fried

Final Flight
So, if he's nice to Titova on camera then it's ok that he beats him son with a belt and locks him in a dark room as punishment?

Ok, no more questions.

You talked about how he will deal with his students as a coach. So don't distract from the actual topic that you opened yourself. His domestic upbringing style is another house number.

Arbitrary

Medalist
My prognosis is very pessimistic.

First Kostornaia will phase Trusova out of Plusheko's school and likely out of FS...

Second she herself will start to degrade step after step and eventually will go with a medical school...

Fried

Final Flight
My prognosis is very pessimistic.

First Kostornaia will phase Trusova out of Plusheko's school and likely out of FS...

Second she herself will start to degrade step after step and eventually will go with a medical school...
Your crystal ball urgently needs a general overhaul.:laugh2:

Pantsu

On the Ice
But why? If the coach thought that the skater acted like trash, why would the coach jump down into the mud and start rolling arround with the trash?

A person in a position of trust and authority has an obligation to comport him/herself with some sort of dignity and sence of self worth, not go popping off on Twitter like a teenaged idiot herself.

First of all, people have the right to know what actually happened. These athletes represent Russian federation and are getting paid by the tax payers money.
I've read the Eteri's post again and i can't see how she jumps into the mud. There is nothing wrong with the language or tone of the message

eliana

On the Ice
Can I ask your opinion on Plushenko's parenting methods, plushyfan? It's not politics and it's relevant to this topic because he wants to be a figure skating coach, which means working with children. I don't visit GoldenSkate often, but I don't think I seen any of the Plush stans say something about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPWvNRvKxYE

what do you say about this?

skatingfan200

Medalist
If only Eteri´s lies would be more logical:)

Coaching change agreed in May but happily made new programms at the time for her. Once again poor Eteri does not know what happens around her.

And now from Alena we have received a whole list of girls non grata. That's where we parted with her ...

lol, first Alena wanted the coaching change in May and one comment later "that´s where we parted with her" :biggrin:.

"And now from Alena we have received a whole list of girls non grata"

But in Plushenkos´s school she does not refuse to train with other girls.

Please next time, invent a better story Eteri.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Yes. And we are talking about it openly here. There was a thread about it for one week cca 2 years ago. LOL! That was a stupid article in Daily Mail!!! based on his wife's words. But she didn't say that exactly that was so exaggarated plus they added some tales in the article. You can be sure Sasha Plushenko adores his father his relationships is so warm. Everybody can see it and not for the camera you can see many captured moments on them. https://www.instagram.com/p/CB2bA3AIBK6/ Can you imagine this with a cruel dad? You can select in that woman account. Who has connect with them, who knows them say how great father he is. Skaters from his shows, famous Russians. What do you think Sasha Plushenko can be ambassador of some brands if that would be true?? If you wan to know more things about it we can talk in privat.

eliana

On the Ice

Do you know he's the best friend for Yana's boys?

https://i0.wp.com/alabanza.ru/wp-co.../Syn-YAny-Rudkovskoj-Nikolaj-Baturin-foto.jpg

https://klubfedotova.ru/en/diety/rudkovskaya-rost-ves-parametry-priemnyi-syn-yany-rudkovskoi/

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I was asking about Plush, not Dmitry Mikhailov

I must go.. But I will show you many videos years ago. Plush crazy about the children and the children love him, too. He can find the connect with them. So cute.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
So, i guess that this will be Kostornaya FS layout this season:
4S
3A-2T
3A
3lo
-
3F-3T
3F-euler-3S
3lz