Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I didn't see that comming ... if you think in olympics terms is now or never .. in terms of trainning I think would be better for her to be with Eteri's .. I think kostornaia sometimes needs a push and Eteri's is good with that.

In the other hand maybe anna got a 3A and Zagitova restore there jumps and got a 4 or a 3 and kostornaia would be left behind without a 4...

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Maybe she just changed her mind. Maybe she liked them a lot then second guessed herself? Maybe she liked them in the beginning then started feeling like they didn't work for her.

Maybe she changed her opinion after hearing her new coach's opinion.

We won't know unless she tells us.

Yes, she could have suddenly changed her mind right after these interviews (?).
But I don't believe she was just lying or being hypocritical when she said that.

EdRoz

Record Breaker
Coach Plushenko looks like a young rap star, there is a lot of money - you have to buy gold jewelry, Ferrari...
otherwise no one will take you seriously

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
But I don't believe she was just lying or being hypocritical when she said that.

I'm guessing even if you are unsure you won't voice that in the interview before you have made up your mind.

Amei

Record Breaker
What a biased and illogical argument. If Kostornaia fails to restore her 3A after the break, this is of course due to the inability of the coaching team, not that of the skater, and the change is applauded. If Trusova does not manage to skate clean in the competition, it is of course due to Trusova's inability, not that of the coaching team, and the change is dubious. Lord in heaven! :pray:

Getting back the technique to do a jump falls on both parties the coaches and the skater as a coach is able to see errors happening when the skater is jumping, from what Kostornaia had said last season it was Rozanov that helped her gain the triple axel in the first place who was no longer in her coaching team. Failing to skate clean in competition a program that you skate clean in practice is a mental issue and more of a problem on the skater to fix as its something in her mind that's happening during competition.

Fried

Final Flight
Getting back the technique to do a jump falls on both parties the coaches and the skater as a coach is able to see errors happening when the skater is jumping, from what Kostornaia had said last season it was Rozanov that helped her gain the triple axel in the first place who was no longer in her coaching team. Failing to skate clean in competition a program that you skate clean in practice is a mental issue and more of a problem on the skater to fix as its something in her mind that's happening during competition.
Yes of course. And you think that working on an athlete's mental problem is not part of the job of a coaching Team? I'm sorry, but this is a view from the past century. Anyway, I'm glad that Sascha found another way instead of jumping out of the window.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Coach Plushenko looks like a young rap star, there is a lot of money - you have to buy gold jewelry, Ferrari...
otherwise no one will take you seriously

He has time. Why do you believe in this "he bought everyone" story? Do you think Plushenko called Alyona and said: look , I will pay for you X money if you will join my team....No, honestly, no.

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
I have to believe the preseason training camp was the breaking point for Alena. She likely explored her options in May but wanted to stay loyal to Eteri. Weren’t there rumors that Daria P basically broke down during camp? As a former athlete these types of camps are notoriously grueling both physically and mentally. There is a reason they move them away from typical training to isolate the athletes and make training the only focus. But I have a feeling Eteri is even more mentally and physically demanding during these times than we can even imagine and Alena has always been head strong. Sasha probably told her it doesn’t have to be that brutal or miserable and she likely realized she had the power to try something else.

EdRoz

Record Breaker
He has time. Why do you believe in this "he bought everyone" story? Do you think Plushenko called Alyona and said: look , I will pay for you X money if you will join my team....No, honestly, no.

Yes , I believe that...Sasha, Aliona is an investment in his family, a future show for his son.
No one needs a gnome without stars

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I'm enjoying all of the spilled tea between Team Eteri and Team Plushy, what it comes down for me is:

a) I really do love Alyona's skating - her carriage and her musicality are wonderful to watch
b) I hope she is able to thrive in a new coaching environment and skates programs that are up to her artistic potential as well as keeping her technical content as she matures.
c) I hope to see her skate in some form competitively this season

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yes , I believe that...Sasha, Aliona is an investment in his family, a future show for his son.
No one needs a gnome without stars

I believe you read many sports.ru forum. :laugh: You brought that style here.....But I see your avatar so...

EdRoz

Record Breaker
I believe you read many sports.ru forum. :laugh: You brought that style here.....But I see your avatar so...

I believe you read many sports.ru forum.:laugh: You brought that style here.....But I see your avatar so...

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight

Imagine giving an interview saying bad things about your programs knowing your coaches will read it. Of course she would say she liked it while still being with Eteri, she’s not dumb.

eliana

On the Ice

Please do not respond to challenges. They don't believe what I write either. These people hate Evgheni and all his success and that of his family drive some people crazy. Let them talk to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.