Sofia Akateva | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Sofia Akateva

Decoder

On the Ice
Inna Goncharenko: “Akatieva has everything to become a bright star in figure skating. Its potential is not lower than that of Kostornaya "

Figure skating coach Inna Goncharenko shared her opinion on the prospects of Sofia Akatieva .

“I liked Akatieva last year too, but this one has grown up, it can be seen. Programs suit her.

We have always noted Alena Kostornaya as a balanced figure skater, and now we can assess Sofya Akatieva and her no less potential. It really is in no way lower than that of Kostornaya. A person has everything to be a bright star in figure skating.

Akatieva was out of competition at this tournament (Moscow Championship - Sports.ru). There she is and there is everyone else. It's my opinion. There is a high-quality work of both the athletes and the coaching staff.

Everything was done with taste, despite the flaws in the complex elements. At the same time, she very skillfully and even somehow easily saved the quad in the free program. It can be seen that the person performs his work on the ice confidently and calmly.

In technical terms, Akatieva, I think, will be even more promising than Kostornaya. The girl is just a star, which must be cherished, preserved, I am sure that she will please us, ”Goncharenko said.

(https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1088720994.html?from=main-news-fs)

Giltedge

Final Flight
Moscow Moscow Cup of Russia Stage 1 Elder Girls
Sofya Akatieva, Mariya Zakharova, Mariya Kryzhova, Elizavieta Kuleshova, Natalya Lagutova, Yana Liventsieva, Elizavieta Medvedova, Anastasiya Morozova, Olga Nikonorova, Elizavieta Osokina, Mariya Paramonova, Violetta Filonets

It's nice to get another airing of Sofya so soon. Surely on current form she is today the top ladies singles figure skater in the world right now (mutatis mutandis)? :) :) :)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Moscow Moscow Cup of Russia Stage 1 Elder Girls
Sofya Akatieva, Mariya Zakharova, Mariya Kryzhova, Elizavieta Kuleshova, Natalya Lagutova, Yana Liventsieva, Elizavieta Medvedova, Anastasiya Morozova, Olga Nikonorova, Elizavieta Osokina, Mariya Paramonova, Violetta Filonets

It's nice to get another airing of Sofya so soon. Surely on current form she is today the top ladies singles figure skater in the world right now (mutatis mutandis)? :) :) :)

I hope there will be stream for all the categories.

Decoder

On the Ice
Figure skater Akatieva will continue to perform quadruple and triple axel in one program

SYZRAN / Samara region /, September 21. / TASS /. Figure skater Sofya Akatieva will continue to perform triple axel and quadruple toe loop in a free program. She told reporters about this.

On Monday, the 13-year-old athlete presented a short program at the first stage of the Russian Cup in the category of candidates for master of sports in Syzran. She cleanly performed a triple axel in a cascade with a triple toe loop. In the free program, Akatieva declares a triple axel and a quadruple sheepskin coat for execution.

"Yes, of course, I will continue to do them," Akatieva said, adding that in the derivative program in Syzran, she will also try to perform both elements. "They just changed the sequence of these jumps a little. But in general I will continue."

Akatieva also said that the coronavirus pandemic has affected the quality of her jumping elements. “At the training camp, at first I didn’t get the axel,” she said. “Then we arrived at the Khrustalny skating rink, and I gradually began to make some attempts.”

The skater said that in the short program in Syzran she felt calmer than during the victorious Moscow championship. “I am very glad that I managed to skate well, it was very nice to hear how I was applauded after the elements. And in general I liked the atmosphere at the competition, here I was more confident than at the last start. Still, this is the second tournament in the season, so I was quieter. "

Akatieva admitted that she would be pleased to be ahead of the two-time champion of Russia and coach Eteri Tutberidze's group partner Anna Shcherbakova in points scored, who won at the stage in Syzran in the category of masters of sports (Akatieva performs in the category of candidates for master of sports). In the short program, Akatieva's result was 81.14 points, Shcherbakova in the same segment scored 82.13.

“I need to work much more on the plastic, - said Akatieva. - Anya has much better plastic, the body works. That is, there is still a lot to do, but I, of course, want to compete, and it would be nice for me to get ahead of Anya in points.”

The figure skaters in the candidate master of sports category will present their free program on Tuesday.

https://tass.ru/sport/9512641

Azikin

Medalist
Figure skater Akatieva will continue to perform quadruple and triple axel in one program

SYZRAN / Samara region /, September 21. / TASS /. Figure skater Sofya Akatieva will continue to perform triple axel and quadruple toe loop in a free program. She told reporters about this.

On Monday, the 13-year-old athlete presented a short program at the first stage of the Russian Cup in the category of candidates for master of sports in Syzran. She cleanly performed a triple axel in a cascade with a triple toe loop. In the free program, Akatieva declares a triple axel and a quadruple sheepskin coat for execution.

"Yes, of course, I will continue to do them," Akatieva said, adding that in the derivative program in Syzran, she will also try to perform both elements. "They just changed the sequence of these jumps a little. But in general I will continue."

Akatieva also said that the coronavirus pandemic has affected the quality of her jumping elements. “At the training camp, at first I didn’t get the axel,” she said. “Then we arrived at the Khrustalny skating rink, and I gradually began to make some attempts.”

The skater said that in the short program in Syzran she felt calmer than during the victorious Moscow championship. “I am very glad that I managed to skate well, it was very nice to hear how I was applauded after the elements. And in general I liked the atmosphere at the competition, here I was more confident than at the last start. Still, this is the second tournament in the season, so I was quieter. "

Akatieva admitted that she would be pleased to be ahead of the two-time champion of Russia and coach Eteri Tutberidze's group partner Anna Shcherbakova in points scored, who won at the stage in Syzran in the category of masters of sports (Akatieva performs in the category of candidates for master of sports). In the short program, Akatieva's result was 81.14 points, Shcherbakova in the same segment scored 82.13.

“I need to work much more on the plastic, - said Akatieva. - Anya has much better plastic, the body works. That is, there is still a lot to do, but I, of course, want to compete, and it would be nice for me to get ahead of Anya in points.”

The figure skaters in the candidate master of sports category will present their free program on Tuesday.

https://tass.ru/sport/9512641
Looking forward to tomorrow to her quadruple sheepskin coat! :cool:

readernick

Medalist
I hope Akatieva is able to improve her "plastic." :ROFLMAO:But, really.. she is an incredibly talented skater. Her jumps are so high. Her posture and SS are also incredible. She isn't yet really performing, but the basic skills are so ahead of the other girls. She is incredible.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Decoder

On the Ice
(Google translation of: https://sport24.ru/news/figureskati...u-o-tutberidze-zagitovoy-i-kubke-rossii-video)

Sport24's interview with the young star Sofia Akatieva

13-year-old figure skater from the Eteri Tutberidze group, Sofya Akatyeva, with a margin of 43 points, won the junior tournament at the first stage of the Russian Cup in Syzran.

After the awarding, Sport24 correspondent Konstantin Lesik talked with the skater about the results of the tournament, elements of ultra-si and the first meeting with Tutberidze.

“I am very glad that I managed to skate the program cleanly. But there were mistakes in the second half - due to the fact that in the last week of preparation I was more focused on quads. Because of this, errors appeared.

Of course, it's a shame that I didn't manage to make two ultra-si elements cleanly, but I will work to show my maximum at the next competitions,
”Sofia began.

- Sergey Viktorovich and Daniil Markovich have already said why the quadruple turned out to be imperfect? - Yes, of course, after the skate we analyze the performance with the coaches, they tell me mistakes. Today they said that I missed my feet a little, that is, I did not break away from the ice at the best moment. We will work on this in training, develop this link so that it becomes more jumpy and stable.

- Have you thought that you could become the first Russian figure skater to do both a quadruple and a triple axel in one program?
- I haven't thought about it yet. I am focused on rolling the program cleanly. And do what I'm working on in training.

- How did you spend two weeks from the Moscow championship to the Russian Cup?
- During this time, we decided to rearrange two elements in places: instead of a quadruple sheepskin coat, my first was a triple axel. I began to train this bunch, to roll the program to the music. And all the other elements that I jumped in the previous competitions, I performed here.

- Can you tell us how you came to figure skating? - At the age of three I saw the Olympics in Vancouver. I was shown how athletes skate ... I liked it very much! Then I asked my mother to buy skates. And then Santa Claus gave them to me (smiles and looks at my mother, who is sitting with us in the room).

My first coaches were Oksana Mikhailovna Bulycheva and Yulia Aleksandrovna Krasinskaya. After them, we decided to go to Eteri Georgievna. It happened in early 2017 when I was 9 years old.

- How was the selection for the group?
- We came to view. The viewing consisted of the fact that I went to training. Eteri Georgievna corrected mistakes and watched me train. Two weeks later, I was informed that I was taken to the group. I don't really remember the moment when they told me that I was staying.

- You were sure that everything would turn out well?
- No, I was not sure that they would take me. I just tried really hard in training. Eteri Georgievna corrected a lot of things for me, so I assumed that they would take me and very much hoped for it. And then she was already delighted.

- Did the new coach succeed in these two weeks?
- Yes! Jumped double axel + triple toe loop, as well as triple rittberger. Eteri Georgievna corrected a mistake that I did not understand. I also had many attempts, so I gradually began to get out. Eteri Georgievna plays technique well.

- And with whom of the coaches do you work more now?
- With everyone! Eteri Georgievna, Daniil Markovich and Sergey Viktorovich are all together at the training session. We have one team that works with the whole group. Of the skaters of the senior group, 8-9 people skate on the ice at the same time. There is enough space and attention for everyone.

- Do you ask more experienced colleagues for advice?
- Yes! Once I didn’t get the cascades with rittberger and Alina Zagitova corrected my mistake. I remember that very well.

- Did you ask her for advice or did she come up to you?
- Alina saw me fall many times and came up to me. Gave advice on how best to make a turntable (note: spin?). For me, Zagitova is an example in everything. Her hard work is endless.

- Do you remember your first impressions of meeting adult stars, when you first came to training in 1917? With Alina, Zhenya Medvedeva? - I was very surprised how they train. This is a much higher level than I have seen before. I was surprised how they work, how many attempts they make, how many rentals. I really liked how they do it, I began to take an example from them, and I began to succeed more.

Last edited: