2020 Ice Star | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020 Ice Star

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Elizaveta NOVIK / Oleksandr KUHAREVSKIJ were good, and went into second behind the Russians (but a big distance behind them).

Molchan / Zaharin are still not appearing on the Live Scoring. So, I don't know what is going on. Will they be added later on, or are they guest skaters, or what?

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ANGELINA AND ILIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow! Angelina and Ilia have both got a lot taller since I last saw them. šŸ˜²

And they go into the lead by a country mile!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

And it was well deserved. :agree:

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Have to be honest, I am not fussed on the music so far in this group.

I don't know what musical the music Angelina and Ilia used was from, but I didn't really like it. And I didn't like the version of "Hello Dolly" that Polina KHOMYAKOVA / Mark SHAPIRO used. Or the other piece of music that followed it.

This Israeli partnership have now slipped in between the two Belorussian partnerships that are listed in the live scoring, with just the two Russian partnerships to go.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And my kids remain in the lead. The penultimate Russians to start (Vasilisa GRIGOREVA / Artem FROLOV) go into 3rd, only just ahead of Elizaveta NOVIK / Oleksandr KUHAREVSKIJ.

Vasilisa seems a very happy and enthusiastic girl when waiting for the results! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, I take back what I said about that earlier version of "Hello Dolly" used by the Israeli partnership. The version used by the final Russians to start (Varvara ZHDANOVA / Dmitrii BLINOV) was even worse! :drama:

Oooh. They go into 5th.

So Angelina and Ilia lead with an advantage of 7.35 over Elizaveta SHICHINA / Gordey KHUBULOV.

Right, a break to proceedings for about an hour now, and then back for the Seniors.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Edwin

Š”Š“ŠµŠ»Š°Š½Š¾Š’Š„рустŠ°Š»ŃŒŠ½Š¾Š¼!
Record Breaker
Love that striking pair with the man in yellow

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No senior dance pairs listed? http://www.figure.skating.by/competition/Ice_Star_2020/SEG007.HTM or the draw hasn't been done yet, since there are 3 pairs on the participants list?

Well, the Warm-Up has started, and still no Time Schedule has been uploaded yet.

Mind you, I don't think we really need a Time Schedule, as there are only 2 partnerships on the ice! šŸ˜²

Rather disappointing that we only have 2 Senior partnerships after having a healthy number of Junior partnerships earlier (8). šŸ˜ž

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Love that striking pair with the man in yellow

That yellow suit being worn by Maksim ELENICH clashes so badly with Karina SIDORENKO's gold dress.

When I saw the suit, I instantly thought "The Mask". And although it took a long time to get to it, we did eventually hear "Hey Pachuco".

Not sure where the other songs fitted into the theme, though.

Good start to the competition. And I'll even go as far as to say that I bet you that they finish in the Top 2... :p

CaroLiza_fan

Edwin

Record Breaker
Well, given the amount of money BLR sports ministry probably pours into the sport, the results are like only average.

So today's competition has ended. 8 AM tomorrow, which is 6 AM over at mine ...

Found a good playlist with those musically talented kid from the YT channels above, very pleasant listening.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Watched "Funny Face" during the lockdown, and loved it. But, I'm biased, because I love Audrey Hepburn.

And I loved Evgenia Medvedeva's drawing of her:

(Thank you to @NaVi linked for linking to Zhenya's art page in the animation thread. I would never have known about it otherwise. She really is multi- talented!)

So, I fully approve of this programme.

They go into the lead.

And no sooner has it started, than it is over.

See you tomorrow!

CaroLiza_fan

Edwin

Record Breaker
Tomorrow starts from here:

Edwin

Record Breaker
First half of the competition almost done.

Lots of beautiful costumes, music and program, but level not the highest compared to same age Russian junior girls.

Some painful falls and girls crying with misery on the couch.

Edwin

Record Breaker
Come on girls, don't be shy, take over that kiss&cry.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Come on girls, don't be shy, take over that kiss&cry.

You're a poet! :bow:

Junior Free Dance Group 1 Warm Up has started. And because the schedule has changed since yesterday (we are starting 30 minutes later than previously planned), I don't know if I will be able to stay until the end.

Here is the link for the livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjY0BvzVMVQ

Here is the Time Schedule:

http://www.figure.skating.by/competition/Ice_Star_2020/IS2020_IceDance-Junior_FD_TimeSchedule.pdf

And here is the live scoring:

http://www.figure.skating.by/competition/Ice_Star_2020/SEG016.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Like yesterday, we started off with Daniela MOLCHAN / Artem ZAHARIN (BLR), who are not on the entry lists.

You know, they may not be officially taking part in this competition, but I like these two. So I hope that whatever the reason is for this gets sorted. Because I do think they are promising.

Now onto the first partnership that are actually on the entry list. Their fellow Belorussian partnership, Snezhana BARMOTINA / Svyatoslav VERSTAKOV.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A Queen medley for Snezhana BARMOTINA / Svyatoslav VERSTAKOV. So, can't complain on that front! :rock:

The costumes weren't bad, but I think they would have looked better if the material wasn't shiny.

As I said yesterday, Belarus has a lot of promising partnerships competing here. So, I hope we get to see some of them breaking through internationally.

In this respect, it is a shame that they are (officially) lying last.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not sure I like this FD from the Israeli partnership, Polina KHOMYAKOVA / Mark SHAPIRO.

I never thought I would hear that final song in a skating competition.

They retain their lead. But, the Russians are coming!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Absolutely loved that programme from Varvara ZHDANOVA / Dmitrii BLINOV!!!

It started off with a version of "Moonlight Sonata" with lyrics?! Not sure what the song is called, but I loved it! And the music just got better from there.

The skating was visibly better than what we had seen up to now. So, I expect the 1.58 point lead they had over the Israeli partnership coming into the FS to increase significantly.

It has. It is now a 2.7 point lead! :laugh:

Shows you how much I know about Ice Dance! :slink:

Group 2 Warm-Up starting now. And my kids are on the ice!!!

CaroLiza_fan