Who remembers Universal Sports? | Golden Skate

Who remembers Universal Sports?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
(going through old DVDs) Universal Sports was broadcasting skating in Standard Definition over the air in Spokane circa 2010. Here is Mirai leading the pack at Torino 2010 after the short.
a us 1.jpg

I had forgotten about Ksenia Makarova. She came in 7th at US Nationals Novice in 2007 and switched to Russia where she did very well. Mr. Weir said he liked her because she looked like a woman on the ice. Universal Sports used Johnny, Tara, Andrea, and Peter Carruthers.
a us 2.jpg

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I remember, they only went off the air a few years ago. And they didn't always use J, T and Terry. They had other commentators after the initial years.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I remember, they only went off the air a few years ago. And they didn't always use J, T and Terry. They had other commentators after the initial years.
Correct. But while it officially closed the doors in 2015, it left the over the air platform in Spokane much earlier. As I go through my DVD collection, I am going to try and find out when....while only Standard definition, the upconverter on my DVD players make it watchable.
(Who can forget when 10 years ago, Michael Weiss said that Mr. Hanyu had lots of talent and was someone to look for in the future?)