Which recycled program would you like to see again at the Olympic games ? | Golden Skate

Which recycled program would you like to see again at the Olympic games ?

soccerjc77

On the Ice
I wish you liked my idea of suggesting programs you would like to see again at the Olympics! :)

For my part, I would like to see at the Olympics.

Kamila Valieva with her Picasso short program (Spiegel I'm Spiegel, Allerdale Hall).

Anna Scherbakova with her short program: A comme amour by Richard Clayderman

Marin Honda with her short program: The giving by Michael W. Smith

Evgenia Medvedeva with her long program : Vai Vedrai - Cirque du Soleil , Alegría - Cirque du Soleil and Jeux d'enfants - Cirque du Soleil

I would dream that thoses 4 programs would end up in the Olympics although that is unlikely.

And, a few things I wouldn't want to see at the Olympics would be Kamila Valieva's Bolero. I want her to change this program, because I don't find that suit her personality.

What programs would you like to see again at the Olympic Games?

ruga

Final Flight
For obvious reasons we will see a lot of recycled programs from this season at the Olympics which is a bit unfortunate since almost none of the programs I have seen were particularly memorable. I liked Miyahara's SP and Khromykh's SP though.

Programs from previous seasons that I loved:
Papadakis/Cizeron Find Me FD
Kihira Beautiful Storm FP
Haein Lee Firedance FP
Kostornaia Adios Nonino SP
Medvedeva Memoirs of a Geisha FP

soccerjc77

On the Ice
It's true ! Me too I would like to see Rika Kihira - Beautiful storm at the Olympic, I could see that program like an epic program to win Gold medal ! In addition this is with this program that she beat the reigning Olympic champion Alina Zagitova. It could be epic to see Kihira with Beautiful Storm at the Olympic, I like that idea !

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If he is there, I am pretty sure Yuzu will take Heaven & Earth which I guess technically counts as a recycle (he did it this year a whole.... once) and I'd love to see it mature properly. LMEY, not so sure - from interviews he did it as a fun piece for fans and may go for a new piano piece.

I'm with Jason and Schindler.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Alena Kostornaia - My Way / Yellow Moon
Satoko Miyahara - Song for the Little Sparrow
Tarasova / Morozov - Bolero
Fear / Gibson - Disco medley

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Semi-recycled.

I'd like to see someone skate to the same music that Dick Button skated to for his second Olympic win in Oslo. I've been trying to find out what that music was... but no luck.

2022 will be the 70th (!) anniversary of that victory. Considering the impact of that performance, which included the first triple jump in competition, I think it would be a nice homage.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Schindler's List by Jason Brown definitely. Whenever I watch that, I start to cry because it is so moving. Some combinations of skating and music can do that and Jason's skating with this music certainly can.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kevin Aymoz with Prince (SP) and Lighthouse (FS) either. I was already a fan, but those programmes clinched it for me.

The other way round: I hope no Pair is going for La Terre Vue du Ciel by Armand Amar. I already have problems with seeing Dancers or single's doing a programme to that music for now, let alone a pair.

I hope Tarasova/Morosov stick to their Albinoni FS of this season. It fits them rather well, and if they skate as they can, it will be really beautiful. Wouldn't mind Sui/Han going back to their Bridge over Troubled Water FS either. It would need some tweaking because it was 4 and a half minutes when they won their first World championship with it (in 2017), but I loved that programme for them.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Satoko Miyahara - Miss Saigon. So she will have skated the three versions of the same story at olys (Madame butterfly-Memoirs of a Geisha-Miss Saigon).

Boyang Jin - Spiderman. My fave program from him.

Yuzuru Hanyu - R&J1. I want that intensity back.

Karen Chen - A golden pond. Best self-choreagraphed program.

Kostner - Nisi dominus. The program had potential. But she wasn't enough in shape.

Sui/Han - Blues for klook. That step sequence.

Rika Kihira - Kung-fu piano. Her best program so far.

Wakaba Higuchi - La califfa. I'm still not over how underscored that program was.

Alena Kostornaya - Adios Noñinos. All jumps backloaded version. It works.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Definitely want Kevin Aymoz to bring back Question of U. It might be nice to see Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen bring back Spanish Caravan, though I’m less wedded to it.

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
I don't know if this counts but I'd love to see someone use Sasha Cohen's cut Romeo and Juliet. One of the best cuts of R&J IMO.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Another vote for Jason's Schindler and P&P's Vincent. But sadly the fact that P&P used Vincent for Ex last season (and of course that they are always keen on inventing something new) doesn't bode well for that to happen 😞
I would love to see the SP of this season by Mishina & Galliamov, and Pavliuchenko & Khodykin (🤞🤞🤞 that they will make it)
Kolyada's Nureyev FP
Papadakis/Cizeron FP Find Me
Roman Sadovsky FP from this season, Chasing Cars

Fantik

Rinkside
Yuzuru Hanyu with his Chopin Ballade 1. It is not that Chopin's music received a superb interpretation here, not even that he eloquantely portrayed Chopin. He WAS Chopin. You'll be the judge:

Last edited: