Which recycled program would you like to see again at the Olympic games ? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Which recycled program would you like to see again at the Olympic games ?

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Pray, explain to the contrary?
He's done it at least 3 seasons already... I enjoyed it but I want to see new programs.
It was a masterpiece but any program gets less exciting after three seasons.
Would rather see something new - he's such a fantastic skater and by not performing new programs it's almost a disservice to his capabilities.

If anything, I'd like to see his Let's go crazy sp. It was so good, but he never skated it clean so would nice to see him do it perfectly.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Yuzu Hanyu - Seimei (yes, I bleedin' know that's impossible, but I was asked for a wish)
Piper & Paul - Vincent (same as above), but whatever they do, I'll love it!
Chock/Bates - Bad to the Bone (Somebody said Blues was required in RT)
Papadakis/Cizeron - Shape of You (not gonna happen)
Mishina/Gallyamov - Party Like A Russian (but I'll be very happy if they carry this year's programmes over)
Stepanova/Bukin - Chandelier (highly unlikely)
Misha Kolyada - Nightmare Before Christmas (unlikely, he moved on since)
Cheng/Yang - Alegria (pleeeeaaaaseee!!!)
Han Yan - Puttin' on the Ritz

lappo

Final Flight
I always wish for new programs but these are some I wouldn't mind to see again at the Olympics:
Satoko: Egyptian Dance SP / Planets LP
Rika: Beautiful Storm LP
Wakaba: Bird set free SP / Bond LP
Valieva:. Storm SP
Anna S.: Dreamcatcher LP (it should be revised to the current rules, so highly unlikely)
Aliona: Angel SP
Yuzuru: Let's go crazy SP / R&J 1.0 LP or H&L (one of those at the Olympic stage would be amazing!!!)
Jason: Love is a b**ch SP
Sui/Han: Blues for Klook (and I hate the music!! a testament to how good that program was)

Fantik

Rinkside
I'd wished that someone could bring back John Curry's Don Quixote, with quads this time around. Doubt if this would be a success, though, because the program worked in tandem with Curry's magnificent figure :)

Also, The Masked Ball to the music of Khachaturian, as performed by M. Trankov / T. Volosozhar, is truly unforgettable.

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Provided he makes it to the Olympics, I'd like to see Paniot's Elvis program again. That was so much fun to watch, and he brought personality to it. It had the added benefit of being a really nice surprise from a skater I had not followed closely. I bet it woud be a hit in China.

Someone on Team USA is going to be odd man out - and that's assuming USA earns three spots at the upcoming Worlds.

soccerjc77

On the Ice
It shouldn't happen but I would have liked to see Polina Tsurskaya FS - Nocturne - Song for the little sparrow at the Olympic.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG I thought I was the only one who remembered that program and still held it dear to my heart, I :love2: :love2::love2: that program, so unique - for him and also in general. And imagine with the addition of the midas touch of Stephane!!! :jump:
Yes, that was almost 6 years ago that he skated that, and I think he would bring it to new heights now! I'll always be a fan of what I call the 3 L's for him -- Legends, Lavender, and Loco! :laugh:

Dawn825

Medalist
I generally HATE when skaters repeat programs but just for fun...

I actually love Hanyu's short this year and am sad it's being wasted on a Worlds with no audience. I know it might not be serious enough for an Olympic short but I hope he skates it in the exhibition. I would lose my mind if I got to see that live.
Chen's Caravan.
Miyahara's Tosca, though I'm a little scared she won't make it to the Olympics.
Mishina and Galiamov's Esmeralda.
Papadakis and Cizeron should do something new but my favorite program of theirs that I could watch a million times is their 2019 free dance to songs by Rachael Yamagata 😍

If Chock and Bates repeat their snake charmer free dance again I will be actively rooting against them.

Sk8FraSch

Rinkside
Semi-recycled.

I'd like to see someone skate to the same music that Dick Button skated to for his second Olympic win in Oslo. I've been trying to find out what that music was... but no luck.

2022 will be the 70th (!) anniversary of that victory. Considering the impact of that performance, which included the first triple jump in competition, I think it would be a nice homage.
First massively underotated triple jumps. Just as the first double Axel.
Was utterly underwhelmed when the video came up.