2021 Cranberry Cup Int'l - Senior Pairs FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021 Cranberry Cup Int'l - Senior Pairs FS

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A pity about the SBS jumps from Jessica but I really enjoyed that skate from C/J. I think they’ve got real potential. I wasn’t sure about after worlds but it’s good to see them back skating. Lifts are strong.

Big score with the jump problems.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Emily Chan is proof that it can take years to develop into a strong pairs skater. Chan/Howe started out rough and I didn't see them becoming an upper tier pair - but here we are, and I was very wrong.
I was frustrated by C/H showing sparks of brilliance, but never putting it together. They looked so great in clips when they first paired. They have good coaches, and they kept grinding, and this is the result, because they have superb talent. I'm excited to see this.

C/J, on the other hand, gorgeous talent blazing all over the place. A superb sp, but then again loss of confidence on jumps in the FS. I like that they switched back to their last season's FS. It's a good choice. But they have got to/have to really figure out the jumps. This faltering here would be why the judges consistently won't go with them when they land the jumps. They want them to prove they can land them consistently.

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I love Jessica and Brian, but the jump problems remain. Still, I admire Jessica in landing that second throw, she was totally off-axis. And, of course, it was beautiful to watch as always.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow Alexa and Brandon are killing it!

I wonder if they'll get new costumes, these are last season's ones right?

OMG super nervous for T/M and rather concerned... apparently they're skating to "Lighthouse" didn't Aliona and Bruno use that for their Olympic season :eek:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
K&F's throws were gorgeous! Now to clean up the sbs jumps. Speaking of jumps, hope Jessica can conquer hers - I think she's capable of it.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A strong skate from K/F but bring honest from a personal point of view I’d rank it 3rd behind the other two US couples. Big score

Go T/M 🍀 🍀 The announcer butchered her name.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Okay, despite the glitch on the second jumping pass here, Knierim/Frazier have backed up and proven that right now they are worthy of being the top U.S. team, in the absence of seeing what Cain-Gribble/LeDuc will be able to bring hopefully before the end of this year (healing wishes to Ashley).

Ash/Timothy are showing great form, which I hope they will still be able to bring. I'd like to see Ash/Tim and Knierim/Frazier go to Olympics and Worlds next year.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think my heart rate is higher than T/M's right now...

Oh wait no Aliona and Bruno didn't skate to this at least not in the Olympic season...

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
A very Eteri program for T/M, but not in a bad way. They have two very good programs. Also, it's already very matured and ready for competition, so hopefully they haven't peaked too early.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That was good?

I dunno, I don't like the colour of the costume it really distracted me.

That and my nerves.

Happy to see T/M looking strong again, yay!

Also learn to say Evgenia announcer :p