2021 Cup of Russia - Stage 2 - Yoshkar-Ola | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2021 Cup of Russia - Stage 2 - Yoshkar-Ola

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Lovely skate from Maxim B. but lost some levels here and there. Let's see where he'll place.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Wow, well done Timofey! What an improvement from the Cup of St. Petersburg. Will be right on top once he has a 3A.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
:cry: A splat and a stumble and a pop. Well, he can still shine in the FS (which, btw, is the most Olè program that ever olè-d).

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Just got around to watching Katia and Ilya. Are they the best or are they the best? I think they still have a shot at Junior worlds. With their jump arsenal all it takes is some polishing of the pair elements (they are a new team after all) and they will be in the mix!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh my gosh, WHAT is he wearing? @elektra blue, @anonymoose_au, please go and check out starting number 2 Timur. You can't miss this!
OK catching up on this now...love Danill's outfit, matching neon green tie and cuffs, quality attention to detail here.

Waits impatiently for Timur... here he is.

I'm somewhat disappoint, when I heard tassels I expected something multi-coloured...

On the plus side he need not fear someone stealing his shirt ;) :laugh:

Aww cuteness in the KnC :)

I'm quite shocked by one of the songs the DJ was playing during the ice resurfacing. 🙉 I'm not prudish, but these lyrics aren't appropriate for a Junior competition (or any competition really).
OMG I know! During Vika and Nikita's KnC wait in the KnC there was a song with the f-bomb and no censoring, I was like whoa!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Speaking of shirts...Fedor's might be my favourite! OMG it's a Hawaiian shirt :laugh2: I love it!

Nice jumps too.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
OK skate by Dmitrieva. Popped the first 3A but nailed the second 3A+3T. But then pop again 2Lz+2T.

Spins need work, one of them was Vrong.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Sysoeva (aka as the Can-Can girl) goes all in artistically. Ends her program by hiding in front of the judges.

Yesterday, in her snake-program, she ended it with snake greetings to the audience.:)

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Summary junior ladies:

1. Gorbacheva 199.88 PB
2. Zakharova 198.20 (Jr RusNats secured)
3. Nelyubova 194.70 PB
4. Artyomova 181.65 PB
5. Vazhnova 180.96 (Jr RusNats secured)
--------
7. Dmitrieva (must do better next time)
8. Latushkina (no Junior RusNats)
12. Paramonova (no Junior RusNats)

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
I know all the junior girls attending the final aka Adeliya, Zhilina, Sofia A & M get a pass to both senior and junior nationals but am i remembering wrong or isn't it a rule that every skater that attended jgp gets a pass to junior nationals or was it every skater that attended 2 jgp events? If so Kullikova and Zinina at least are also eligible without competing in Russian junior cup if only 1 counts then Liza B also is eligible. Maria Z took 2 silver already in Russian cup so she qualified already. Thats potentially 8 spots gone already for Junior nationals.

Dmitrieva needs to do far better in her second event if she wants a trip to nationals. I think she might need that podium finish to make up the difference.

Poor Masha P, when she on she is so lovely to watch but her jumps are not stable at all. In previous seasons she has been a sp skater and has trouble in fs but in Russian cup series this season neither her sp or fs has worked.:(
I wanted to see Latushkina in jr nats again so bad:console: