2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 80 | Golden Skate

2021–22 Canadian Figure Skating

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
At Junior Worlds, Wesley and Stephen had clean short programs, and are ranked 2nd and 6th! :cheer2: Hopefully they can earn a 3rd spot for next year.

I'm still waiting for the ISU YouTube channel to upload Wesley's SP performance, but Stephen's is available from the Fan Blog.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
A pretty solid first day at Junior Worlds for the Canadian delegation.

Brooke & Ben would probably be a bit closer to the podium if they hadn't had the double-whammy of going first out and having had basically zero prior international exposure.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Natalie & Bruce and Nadiia & Peter are in 2nd and 3rd after the rhythm dance! :cheer:

Hopefully the ISU won't wait until tomorrow to upload vids of their individual performances.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I would probably have reversed the teams' order in the standings, but that's the judges' call at the end, heh.

They've both got 6+ points on Wolfkostin & Chen now. Trying to hold off a free dance comeback by them is something both Canadian teams are familiar with, though historically Nadiia & Peter were more successful at it.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Brooke & Ben win Canada's first WJC medal in pairs since 2015! Congratulations to them, particularly since this is the last junior event of their careers and they didn't get to compete much at all in the past two years.

I'm sure watching Summer win all kinds of medals will be motivation for Brooke in the years ahead.

kenboy123

On the Ice
The Canadian adults may be going through a transition period this season, but the juniors seems to be doing well for a change...in pretty much all the disciplines...can't help but feel bad for Kaiya Ruiter though...she could have challenged for a medal...

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've just noticed that Brooke & Ben's free skate is now up. 🥉

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
A disappointing free skate for Wesley and Stephen, who end up in 4th and 5th over-all, although the good news is that Canada has 3 spots for next year.

Apple1078

Final Flight
A disappointing free skate for Wesley and Stephen, who end up in 4th and 5th over-all, although the good news is that Canada has 3 spots for next year.
I wish they'd had a competition between nationals and junior worlds so they'd had that extra experience before going to Tallinn. Wesley didn't compete since nats and Stephen didn't compete since Challenge because he was taken out by covid before nats.

Ziotic

Medalist
I wish they'd had a competition between nationals and junior worlds so they'd had that extra experience before going to Tallinn. Wesley didn't compete since nats and Stephen didn't compete since Challenge because he was taken out by covid before nats.
Does this mean 2 spots at each JGP for next year? Or did they miss out on that too?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
And there are two Canadian teams on the World Junior dance podium for the first time in history!

In one sense, the main reason that Nadiia & Peter had this opportunity is the Russian teams getting banned, but all the same, I was really worried that they would be screwed over by having to change their free dance at the last minute due to the war. Glad to see that didn't happen.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I didn't like the low quality of the official individual links, so I'm sharing much clearer versions that I've cut from the archived livestream.

2022 D'Alessandro & Waddell Junior Worlds FD (1080p):

I had to upload Nadiia & Peter's free dance on Streamable because Dailymotion was very picky about their music.

2022 Bashynska & Beaumont Junior Worlds FD (1080p):

I also posted the medal ceremony.

2022 Junior Worlds Ice Dance Medal Ceremony (1080p):