Update: Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Events & Final 2022/23 | Golden Skate

Update: Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Events & Final 2022/23

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The ISU has announced the dates and venues of the Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating events and Final for the season 2022/23 as follows:

1st event: August 24 - 27, 2022 Courchevel, France

2nd event: Aug. 31 - Sept. 3, 2022 Ostrava, Czech Republic

3rd event: September 7 - 10, 2022 Riga, Latvia

4th event: September 21 - 24, 2022 Yerevan, Armenia

5th event: Sept. 28 - Oct. 1, 2022 Grenoble, France

6th event: October 5 - 8, 2022 Gdansk, Poland

7th event: October 12 - 15, 2022 Egna-Neumarkt, Italy

The combined ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (Juniors and Seniors) will be organized for the best Men, Women, Pairs and Ice Dance Couples as follows:

Final: December 8 – 11, 2022 Torino / Italy

The ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating comprises seven (7) international Junior Figure Skating events and the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. All seven events will be held with the approval and the assistance of the International Skating Union, under the responsibility of the organizing ISU Member concerned and in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations 2022 (to be published over the summer further the ISU Congress), the Special Regulations & Technical Rules Single & Pair Skating and Ice Dance 2022, the relevant ISU Communications and the „Memorandum for hosting an ISU Junior Grand Prix event” latest issue.

For further information about the eligibility requirements, the entries, the point system/ranking order, the prize money or any other technical details, please refer to the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Announcement.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
The ISU has announced the dates and venues of the Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating events and Final for the season 2022/23 as follows:

1st event: August 24 - 27, 2022 Courchevel, France

2nd event: Aug. 31 - Sept. 3, 2022 Ostrava, Czech Republic

3rd event: September 7 - 10, 2022 Riga, Latvia

4th event: September 21 - 24, 2022 Yerevan, Armenia

5th event: Sept. 28 - Oct. 1, 2022 Grenoble, France

6th event: October 5 - 8, 2022 Gdansk, Poland

7th event: October 12 - 15, 2022 Egna-Neumarkt, Italy

The combined ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (Juniors and Seniors) will be organized for the best Men, Women, Pairs and Ice Dance Couples as follows:

Final: December 8 – 11, 2022 Torino / Italy

The ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating comprises seven (7) international Junior Figure Skating events and the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. All seven events will be held with the approval and the assistance of the International Skating Union, under the responsibility of the organizing ISU Member concerned and in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations 2022 (to be published over the summer further the ISU Congress), the Special Regulations & Technical Rules Single & Pair Skating and Ice Dance 2022, the relevant ISU Communications and the „Memorandum for hosting an ISU Junior Grand Prix event” latest issue.

For further information about the eligibility requirements, the entries, the point system/ranking order, the prize money or any other technical details, please refer to the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Announcement.
Oh, gosh, in our day and age, I see word update, I got nervous! But, all 7 stages are there, like there fingers and toes… hope to see the lists soon!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Entries for the first JGP event are due Friday, July 22. The entry list should be published early the following week.
It will be interesting to see if Isabeau stays on the JGP for another season. Things are heating up and I'm ready for some skating.

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
It will be interesting to see if Isabeau stays on the JGP for another season. Things are heating up and I'm ready for some skating.
She wasn't at the JGP assignment competition for the US so I guess that says something

mrrice

Record Breaker
She wasn't at the JGP assignment competition for the US so I guess that says something
Well, I wish her the best if she heads onto the Senior Circuit. Hopefully she has gained more speed over the summer because, with her current technique, I don't see her doing well. Good luck Isabeau.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isabeau is the 2022 JW champion and was the top non-Russian JGPF qualifier last season. Even if she is planning to do the JGP, she really didn't need to do the JGP assignment competition to qualify.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From the US, I am more curious how Annis is doing… anyway, chances are, there will be a whole new roster.
Here are the results for the JUNIOR CUP MEN (top 8):

1. 201.76 Robert YAMPOLSKY
2. 199.44 Michael XIE
3. 170.69 Maxim ZHARKOV
4. 165.88 Lucius KAZANECKI
5. 160.48 Will ANNIS
6. 156.03 Kirk HAUGETO
7. 154.92 Beck STROMMER
8. 150.90 Kai KOVAR

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Why won’t they?
Well, they're still age eligible for juniors, the US dance field is busy, and they have the opportunity for more growth while potentially dominating juniors (or close to it). But I think they'll move up to seniors and see where they stack up against the other US teams. I adore them, so I'm really interested to see how they'd do as seniors myself.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well, they're still age eligible for juniors, the US dance field is busy, and they have the opportunity for more growth while potentially dominating juniors (or close to it). But I think they'll move up to seniors and see where they stack up against the other US teams. I adore them, so I'm really interested to see how they'd do as seniors myself.
I don’t think anything is freeing up any time soon, and dancers grind years, so they might as well start earlier. Probably the guys who didn’t medal, but expected to, the ones who ended up 4th B/c they messed up rhythm dance, might be likely to end up staying… unless they are aging out?

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I don’t think anything is freeing up any time soon, and dancers grind years, so they might as well start earlier. Probably the guys who didn’t medal, but expected to, the ones who ended up 4th B/c they messed up rhythm dance, might be likely to end up staying… unless they are aging out?
Wolfkostin/Chen - AFAIK they're still age eliglble. But last season they did a split junior/senior season, including competing as seniors at a Senior B and Nationals. I'm not sure they'd go back to either another full junior season or a split season unless they REALLY want that world junior title.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I would think Isabeau and Lindsay would move up to Seniors. They both have the technical difficulty required to compete against the best non Russian ladies.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Look what winning JW has done for dance teams in the past:

2020 Nguyen / Kolesnik - split, now have different partners. All are starting over from scratch.
2019 Lajoie / Lagha - 11th at Worlds 2022. Since Gilles/Poirier and the Danadians plan to compete this season, L/L remain Canada #3
2018 Skoptcova / Aleshin - not sure they're even still together
2017 Parsons / Parsons - she retired, he skates with Caroline Green. G/P haven't made it to Worlds yet, but did win 2022 4CC.
2016 McNamara / Carpenter. He retired, she has a new partner, but we haven't seen much of that new partnership.
2015 Yanovskaya / Mozgov - split, both skated with new partners off into the never-heard-from-again
2014 Hawayek / Baker - still competing together; 8th at 2022 Worlds.
2013 Stepanova / Bukin - have some Euros medals; 6th at 2022 Olympics, 5th at 2021 Worlds, 4th at 2019 Worlds (their best result)
2012 Sinitsina / Zhiganshin - split; she went on to team with Katsalapov; S/K won Worlds 2021 but lost Olympic gold to Papadakis / Cizeron.
2011 Monko / Khaliavin - split; he teamed with Sara Hurtado to skate for Spain, they were 11th at 2021 Worlds.
2010 Ilinykh / Katsalapov - split; he teamed with Sinitsina (see 2012 JWC)

I hardly think Wolfkostin / Chen will stay junior because as seen from above, it just ain't worth it.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Wolfkostin/Chen - AFAIK they're still age eliglble. But last season they did a split junior/senior season, including competing as seniors at a Senior B and Nationals. I'm not sure they'd go back to either another full junior season or a split season unless they REALLY want that world junior title.
Why not? They have a shot at it, while probably not an entry to second half of the season seniors?