2022-23 Coaching, Country and Discipline changes | Golden Skate

2022-23 Coaching, Country and Discipline changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Earlier coaching, category, and country change threads are here:

I've added the most recent changes here.
If you have new changes to report, please use full names and if possible, which coach/country the skater is switching FROM. It helps keep the thread comprehensive for others.

COACHING CHANGES
Women:

Alexandra Trusova (Russia) - from Eteri Tutberidze to Svetlana Sokolovskaia
Maria Talalaikina (Russia) - to Evgeni Rukavitsin
Anastasia Zinina (Russia) - from Evgeni Plushenko to Alexei Vasilevsky
Anna Frolova (Russia) - from Sergei Davydov to Evgeni Rukavitsin
Bradie Tennell (USA) - from Tom Zakrajsek to Benoit Richaud
Amber Glenn (USA) - from Peter and Darlene Cain to Damon Allen, Tammy Gambill, Viktor Pfeiffer
Soho Lee (USA) - from Chris Pottenger to Misha Ge, Derrick Delmore
Kate Wang (USA) - from Jeffrey Crandall to Jeremy Abbott and Massimo Scali
Elyce Lin-Gracey (USA) - from Naomi Nari Nam and Amy Evidente to Tammy Gambill
Eva-Lotta Kiibus (Estonia) - from Anna Levandi to Thomas Kennes
Alexia Paganini (Switzerland) - from Gheorghe Chiper to Michael Huth
Fiona Bombardier (Canada) - from Ken & Danielle Rose to Bruno Marcotte
Jade Hovine (Belgium) - from Malika Tahir to Cedric Tour, Rodolphe Marechal
Jia Shin (South Korea) - stays with Bit-Na Park, newly with Kensuke Nakaniwa as additional coach

Men:
Morisi Kvitelashvili (Georgia) - from Eteri Tutberidze to Lorenzo Magri + Tutberidze's team, then back to Tutberidze
Adam Siao Him Fa (France) - from Laurent Depouilly to Cédric Tour and Rodolphe Maréchal
Daniel Grassl (Italy) - from Lorenzo Magri to Alexei Letov and Olga Ganicheva, then back to Magri
Conrad Orzel (Canada) - from ??? to Ravi Walia
Artur Danielian (Russia) - from Elena Buyanova to Evgeni Rukavitsin
Vladimir Litvintsev (Azerbaijan) - from Alexei Chetverukhin to Viktoria Butsaeva
Jun Hwan Cha (South Korea)- from Brian Orser to ???

Ice dance:
Caroline Green / Michael Parsons (USA) - from Alexei Kiliakov and Elena Novak to Charlie and Tanith White and Greg Zuerlein
Oona Brown / Gage Brown (USA) - adding Ice Academy of Montreal to their current coaches (Joel Dear, Inese Bucevica)
Diana Davis / Gleb Smolkin (Russia) - from Igor Shpilband to Alexei Kiliakov, Elena Novak
Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin (Russia) - from Svinin/Zhuk to Alexander Zhulin
Maria Sofia Pucherova / Nikita Lysak (Slovakia) - from Barbara Fusar Poli, Roberto Pelizolla to Luca Lanotte
Paulina Ramanauskaite / Deividas Kizala (Lithuania) - from ??? to Sara Hurtado and Kirill Khaliavin

Pairs:
Alexandra Boikova / Dmitri Kozlovski (Russia) - from Tamara Moskvina and Artur Minchuk to Eteri Tutberidze

CATEGORY CHANGES

Gabriella Izzo (USA) - from singles to pairs
Daria Usacheva (Russia) - from singles to ice dance
Azusa Tanaka (Japan) - from singles to ice dance
Nikolaj Majorov (Sweden) - from singles to ice dance
Lucas Tsuyoshi Honda (Japan) - from singles to pairs
Ben Jalovick (USA -> Switzerland) - from singles to pairs

COUNTRY CHANGES

Women:

Maria Talalaikina - from Italy to Russia
Emilia Murdock - from USA to Spain

Men:
Alessandro Fadini - from Italy to Iceland

Ice Dance:
Natalia Pallu-Neves and Jayin Panesar - from Great Britain to Brasil
Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus - from Canada to Ireland
Diana Davis / Gleb Smolkin - from Russia to Georgia

Pairs:
Federica Simioli / Alessandro Zarbo - from Italy to Czech Republic
Balazs Nagy - from Hungary to USA
Ben Jalovick - from USA to Switzerland

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I've added the most recent changes here.
If you have new changes to report, please use full names and if possible, which coach/country the skater is switching FROM. It helps keep the thread comprehensive for others.

COACHING CHANGES
Women:

Anastasia Zinina (Russia) - from Evgeni Plushenko to Alexei Vasilevsky
Kate Wang (USA) - from Jeffrey Crandall to Jeremy Abbott and Massimo Scali

Men:
Adam Siao Him Fa (France) - from ? to Cédric Tour and Rodolphe Maréchal.

Ice dance:
Diana Davis / Gleb Smolkin (Russia) - from Igor Shpilband to Alexei Kiliakov, Elena Novak

CATEGORY CHANGES

COUNTRY CHANGES
Bolded: His former coach was
Laurent Depouilly

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe I shouldn't put this here, because I see nothing from Daniel, but does this mean Daniel has officially left Lorenzo Magri for Aleksey Letov and Olga Ganicheva at SCOB? I know he has been skating there during the summer. The other skaters mentioned have Olga and Aleksey listed as their coaches:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ Thanks for sharing @el henry. It could be, as you say, that they are referencing the fact that Daniel has been studying with them for the summer. Or it could just as easily be that he's switching coaches and it hasn't been announced yet. It's also possible that the Letovs are consulting and considered to be part of Daniel's coaching team, but that Magri will remain his primary coach during the season. We won't know unless it's clarified.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Official confirmation that Caroline Green and Michael Parsons are now training at MIDA (Charlie White, Tanith White, Greg Zuerlein). Their previous coaches were Alexei Kiliakov and Elena Novak at WISA.

(Caroline has an identical post)

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Again, I suspect that Green/Parsons began thinking about moving on once their season ended. They may have reached out to MIDA, or vice-versa, or perhaps the suggestion was made to them by a third party. As a result of Green/ Parsons deciding to move on, seemingly room was available for Diana and Gleb at WISA. That appears to be the most likely scenario.

Glad to finally officially find out where G/P are now training!

Weathergal

Medalist
Bradie Tennell not only changing coaches but moving to France. Wow.

New coach: Benoît Richaud. Old coach: Tom Zakrasjek

Not gonna lie -- I'm happy about this and very excited for her. I don't think Tom Z. did a whole lot for her. I realize she's been injured for a while. But she's collaborated well with Benoit -- at least for choreography anyway. Anyone know if Sergei Rozanov is still working with Benoit? He could be a great technician for her.

SorrySkater

On the Ice
Agreed. When I heard she was coming back, I couldn’t help but be a bit nervous because of all the injuries to Tom Z skaters. I wondered how long Bradie would be able to skate before being injured again. She seems to work welol with Richaud, so I think this is a great move for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.