Ladies SP | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

lmarie086

Medalist
Shoot I missed Alissa, I wanted to see her SP again! But really enjoyed her reaction!

Did they seriously have to bring back the "truth booth?"

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NBC is showing Alissa SP right now. This is the definition of ladies skating.

If she could bring more speed, better consistency, a 3+3, and more power to her jumps, she could compete with Asada, Kim, Rochette, and Kostner. She also needs more difficulty in her LP . . . a 5 triple LP as she had at Skate Canada and Cup of Russia won't really cut it against those 4 skaters if they are all at their bests.

emma

Record Breaker
Shoot I missed Alissa, I wanted to see her SP again! But really enjoyed her reaction!

Did they seriously have to bring back the "truth booth?"

OMG - I just missed her too - I can't believe it. Well, I'm happy for her and can't wait for the LP!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I only want to see Olympic Ice back if Mary what's her name stays far away. Her distain for the sport annoyed me to no end.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ok, from the NBC angle Nagasu clearly hit the side. From the IN angle I couldn't really tell, but it looked like she pushed off the side when she came down on the first jump

turtle

On the Ice
Alissa is so pretty, so exquisite and seems like a really sweet girl. If she can skate clean like this, I think she should be able to medal at worlds. After all Lepisto won Euro with only four triples over Kostner and if Alissa can land five clean triples, along with her excellent spins, she will be amazing. My only problem with her skate, though, is that she is quite slow, seems even slower than Zhang. Still, she is so breathtakingly beautiful.

ks777

Record Breaker
Ok, from the NBC angle Nagasu clearly hit the side. From the IN angle I couldn't really tell, but it looked like she pushed off the side when she came down on the first jump

Yes, she must have gotten deduction for that and plus her 2axel.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
watching the NBC broadcast right now... flubs and all I still absolutely LOVE Ashley's short program... had she skated it bettr I wouldn't have a problem putting her ahead of Alissa... it'd be close, though... they are definitely LADIES.

ks777

Record Breaker
I really like Ashley's skating. I hope she and Mirai comes back strong in the LP.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Yes, too bad about Ashley's errors because she is definitely improved from last year and it is a beautiful program. Hopefully she will come back strong in the long.

Trewyn

Medalist
^^ Yeah I also feel she's so much improved artistically! She has so much flair on the ice. So no rumors about withdrawing? I really hope she goes for it tonight!! Go Ashley!

just wondering

On the Ice
Shallow comment . . . Anyone like Rachel's new MAC look? I do. The lips are strong, but it certainly spices up her overall presence, which according to the forums she could use. She definitely no longer has a little girl look. JW

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
why would she withdraw? that's not going to send a convincing message to the USFSA to stick with her. who wants to back a quitter?

besides, Ashley's never shown herself to run from a challenge... she can and should bounce back from the SP

Trewyn

Medalist
Yeah, I don't think withdrawing would do her any good either, especially since she's much out of top 3 ranking-wise, but not so much point-wise. But I guess rumors started because she didn't show up at practice, but she probably wanted to get away from the camera's and train somewhere else where she could focus better.

just wondering

On the Ice
I think people were speculating on a potential withdraw when she was not seen at official Practice Ice. I feel pretty certain she was elsewhere in the city working hard. I know that she practiced at a rink other than Strongsville (Hoover) earlier in the week when she also reported missing. ;) JW