Men's Long Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Men's Long Program

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
you can come up with any number of excuses, but he's off his game, period. And if he's given up before he's taken the ice then I'd be incredibly disappointed. that does not make a champion. thankfully I just don't but that as his reasoning...

Nor do I.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I think Javi just did 4 combos. Or no... I think he is in the okay, I got it mixed up.

Art&Sport

Medalist
you can come up with any number of excuses, but he's off his game, period. And if he's given up before he's taken the ice then I'd be incredibly disappointed. that does not make a champion. thankfully I just don't but that as his reasoning...

Dai's a World champion... I do not need to make excuses for him. But then, neither do you, eh?

Handsome Spaniard, Verdi - for a minute I thought I was watching Placido Domingo!

Audience dotes on him, stumbles and all.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Javier Fernandez (ESP)

Music: Rigoletto by Guiseppe Verdi

4T - hand down
4S - nice
3A - fall
CiSt
CSSp
3A+3T
3Lz+3T - a bit scratchy landing
3S - forward on landing
3F+2T - 3turn on landing
2Lo
CCoSp
ChSt
FCSSp

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Orser's skaters rock... wow... even with the mistakes... wow loved it. Don't remember him from last year AT ALL but I'll remember him from this!

ranjake

Final Flight
Dai is so beloved! so many flowers and gifts

I love him, too- but he's so much better than that program, imo. I think Peter Carruthers is a Chan-fan! Not trying to start anything- I loved him tonight, too. Sometimes with Chan, he seems so overmarked- but tonight I did think what he did was deserving.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Feed cut out during Chan's program. But what I saw I loved. Very understated style to go with the music. Of course, there's nothing understated about Chan's edging and speed. He makes all the other skaters look conservative. Lots of intricacies. I love how the Canadian crowd clapped as loudly, or perhaps louder for his successful 3axel compared to how much they clapped for his 4toe. They know the 3axel is the jump that bedevils Chan. Would've liked to seen the rest.

Daisuke's program is just a dream. Or well, an acid trip. Love that he used the entire piece, no funky edits. Mistakes here and there, but at this point in his career, who cares? Yes, there was a time, before his injuries, when his jumps, along with so many other things, were Daisuke's strong points. But take away some of those jumps, and you still have a skater with so much skating ability, charisma and absolute artistic abandonment. And he's still in competition for every medal. I do so direly wish judges rewarded Daisuke fairly back when he did have his jumps down better (and he was as artistically gifted then).

skatinginbc

Medalist
Wow, there were quad luz, quad toe, quad flip and quad sal performed (though not all rectified) in this competition.

lavender

Record Breaker
Yeah don't agree with those pcs for Javi but oh well. Not sure I'm liking the scoring overall.