2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 82 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

minze

Medalist
Wow. Yuna is amazing and congratulations to her that is raw talent. Enough said

Carolina Congratulations what a champion

And now to my love Mao Asada. Let me explain something to the haters. Mao Asada gives all she has and she is amazing. The woman has nothing to prove her legacy is cemented. She is the one and only Mao Asada. But she challenges her self. She was not perfect in this competion or this season. But silver linging: She won all of the events this season except Worlds. And she medaled in all of the competitions this season. Furthermore, she kept it together so she is getting better with her jumps and she has time to achieve her goals for Sochi. Asada Mao came from six place to bronze medal.

I love how some people sit here and make judgment about Mao and Carolina not been pertfect. Are those people perfect at everything they do? I think not

By the way talk to the experts, what Mao Asada did by re-working her jumps is as hard as learning how to walk. So, why some people think this was going to happen over night. Even her coach said, she will be back to form 100 percent just before sochi.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Black tights with a black dress don't make enough of a contrast to show off the person of the skater properly, unless the skater is a total "stick girl". I had a friend who is enamoured with wearing black tights and I took pictures for her - one in black tights and one in flesh tights - and the line of the skater looked better in the flesh colored tights and she had definition to her person.

ordinary person

On the Ice
Black tights with a black dress don't make enough of a contrast to show off the person of the skater properly, unless the skater is a total "stick girl". I had a friend who is enamoured with wearing black tights and I took pictures for her - one in black tights and one in flesh tights - and the line of the skater looked better in the flesh colored tights and she had definition to her person.

True but i actually forgot to mention i do prefer to see different color tights with different color dresses instead of the dress with tights being the same color which i do find quite dull.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Also, coaches and judges seem to prefer flesh colored tights in the way the skater looks. To most coaches and judges, it's a more "finished" look

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You are certainly right about that! Kim got 16.51 in GOEs. And this was after the rule change after the 2010 Olympics where they felt that Yu-na's GOEs were too high, so they reduced the value of GOEs on triple jumps (except the Axel) by 30%.

Mao's GOEs here were 3.66.

That is an amazing statistic. Maybe GOE should only be plus or minus 1 or 2 (except maybe for falls). I think it really inflates scores if Yu Na's six triples, with no triple loop, can build that big a lead. I'm not saying Yu Na shouldn't have won, but her 14 point margin in the long program seems excessive. With a less pristine performance, building big GOE's on completed jumps (and in the short program) could lead to a result like what we saw in the men's program.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Such a cute video mainly focusing on Mao and other skaters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W8S-Zg3j7CA

Thanks for this video! It especially makes me happy to see the Yuna-Mao-Carolina grouping moment because it proves that, despite the sometimes-prevalent animosity that their fans shows towards each other, the three of them are still amicable towards one another. Perhaps not friends (definitely not friends), but they maintain a spirit of friendliness around each other. It's kind of like watching Patrick-Daisuke-Takahiko reactions or something to that effect--never fails to put a smile on my face. :)

The part where Kanako takes a picture with Mao after the latter had received her medal and bouquet was so lovely to see as well. Reminded me a bit like graduation, actually. It was like: starring Mao as the graduate and Kanako as the family member that came to cheer her on. :biggrin:

I feel so, so bad for Akiko as well. Not only because her LP is my favorite of the season, but I think she's immensely brave and determined to compete at an age where most female skaters are past their prime, but here she is, proving that she can do as well as the little ones, if not better. I don't expect her to be on the Olympic podium next season, but I really do wish that she has the Olympic swan song that she deserves!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks for this video! It especially makes me happy to see the Yuna-Mao-Carolina grouping moment because it proves that, despite the sometimes-prevalent animosity that their fans shows towards each other, the three of them are still amicable towards one another. Perhaps not friends (definitely not friends), but they maintain a spirit of friendliness around each other. It's kind of like watching Patrick-Daisuke-Takahiko reactions or something to that effect--never fails to put a smile on my face. :)

The part where Kanako takes a picture with Mao after the latter had received her medal and bouquet was so lovely to see as well. Reminded me a bit like graduation, actually. It was like: starring Mao as the graduate and Kanako as the family member that came to cheer her on. :biggrin:

I feel so, so bad for Akiko as well. Not only because her LP is my favorite of the season, but I think she's immensely brave and determined to compete at an age where most female skaters are past their prime, but here she is, proving that she can do as well as the little ones, if not better. I don't expect her to be on the Olympic podium next season, but I really do wish that she has the Olympic swan song that she deserves!

Yes, I do find it interesting how the fans tend to have more animosity toward each other more than the skaters themselves. You actually see that in K-pop (Korean pop music) the fans tend to troll and flame each other but the actual music artists actually respect each other.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Thanks for this video! It especially makes me happy to see the Yuna-Mao-Carolina grouping moment because it proves that, despite the sometimes-prevalent animosity that their fans shows towards each other, the three of them are still amicable towards one another.

This is absolutely lovely.

Mao: Are you okay?
Yuna: Was that... yours?
Caro: Yeah, my coach hit me before I went in. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Yes, I do find it interesting how the fans tend to have more animosity toward each other more than the skaters themselves. You actually see that in K-pop (Korean pop music) the fans tend to troll and flame each other but the actual music artists actually respect each other.

Oh man, K-Pop ... Don't even get me started! :disapp::laugh:

I think both parties (skaters and k-pop idols) definitely do respect each other. No one knows how hard they work quite like the people who do what they do. Us fans, we can criticize and praise all we want, but we don't truly know what their daily routines are like, or how much pressure (so many different kinds!) they face. I definitely think that they respect each other and that it's simply much too hard to maintain a front of animosity towards one another that the media might want (so they don't!), and it's a shame that we don't get to see more of that. It's a bit sad that fan wars tend to overshadow the spirit of friendly competition between these skaters. :confused2:

Eislauf

On the Ice
This!

Actually, with her dark hair, I hope to see Liza in something more similar to this next season:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-T-ND_yqQYXA/TrC2MJaQlaI/AAAAAAAASbw/0yknhiUgjuI/s1600/TopThree.jpg

Bright coloring is very flattering to her complexion. And call me old fashioned, but I don't like seeing someone as young as Liza decked out in all-black like an old dowager. It really does hide her lines and make her look clunky/sluggish. She is lovely to look at, and it's a shame that her costumes this season distracted from her beautiful presence on the ice.

Yes. Poor Liza, whom I adore watching, looked a bit like a black hole out there. On pre-prepubescent, skinny, leggy blonde girls like Radionova, the all black look, espec. when combined with metallic/color accents, can be fun, bold and striking. But Liza is brunette with a womanly figure. Nude tights plus beige boots would make her legs look thinner and longer. She'd look physically lighter and more youthful too.

venlac

On the Ice
That is an amazing statistic. Maybe GOE should only be plus or minus 1 or 2 (except maybe for falls). I think it really inflates scores if Yu Na's six triples, with no triple loop, can build that big a lead. I'm not saying Yu Na shouldn't have won, but her 14 point margin in the long program seems excessive. With a less pristine performance, building big GOE's on completed jumps (and in the short program) could lead to a result like what we saw in the men's program.

Mao's 3A was '<', 3f '<', 3lz 'e', 2lo'<'
She cleared jump, 3lo+2lo, 2a+3t, 3s, 3f, 2lo
and she got 134.

carolina with 5 triples,
missed at 1lo, 3s<<
she got 131.

I thought overall score has a bit inflation.
I'm the only one who think this way?

bibi

On the Ice
Does anyone know a website where I can find pictures of the events other than gettyimages? Thanks :)

Ambivalent

On the Ice

I completely disagree. It's about what you put out. If you perform those elements with precision and quality, there's no reason why you shouldn't get positive grades of execution. GOEs have already decreased by 30% since Vancouver. I adore Mao, but she doesn't perform her jumps with as much speed or flow as Yu-Na or Carolina.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mao's 3A was '<', 3f '<', 3lz 'e', 2lo'<'
She cleared jump, 3lo+2lo, 2a+3t, 3s, 3f, 2lo
and she got 134.

carolina with 5 triples,
missed at 1lo, 3s<<
she got 131.

I thought overall score has a bit inflation.
I'm the only one who think this way?

Where do you mention GOE? That is where Yu Na cleaned up.