2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate | Page 70 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate

Seruleane

Final Flight
It's OK- Kim is a smart girl, and knows how things have been working in Russia. I think she knew this was a battle she could not win. Like she said, she just wanted to give it her best and that she certainly did, under a tremendous amount of pressure I might add. My respect for her has only increased after this performance, and clearly lots of big names in figure skating agree (see Katarina Witt, Dick Button, Todd Eldrege, Michelle Kwan). So congratulations to Yuna Kim! Still an olympic champion, maybe just not in Russia.

And I agree- if Adelina had the more difficult program (including one more triple than Kim), then she could have won for that reason. I just think the lead she had was ridiculous. It should have been way closer.

Kelly

On the Ice
Yea, Mao performed the LP as she had being wanted and it was so beautiful I cried with her when she finished. And I love either Carolina or Sotnikova wins the OMG.

Crylais

Rinkside
Zzzz I don't know what to say... Sotnikova getting like +2/+3 goes where as yuna barely gets +2 and the fact that PCS are almost equal i will never understand. I think I enjoyed the men's splatfest more

skateluver

Rinkside
I am a Mao fan, but I feel for Yuna now. She should have won this. The correct order should have been

1. Yuna
2. Adelina
3. Caro
4. Mao

I think the judges totally played a medal for Russia by placing Julia ahead of Mao. This means that if Adelina had bombed, Russia would have gotten at least Bronze. But since Adelina skated great, the judges went all the way. At least Adelina won and not Julia, since Adelina has way better jumps and presentation and is actually nice to watch.

Anyways, great skating from many of the top ladies, especially Mao, Yuna and Adelina. Sorry, I have never been much of a Caro fan and I don't see the beauty in her skating, but she deserved her bronze.

Not sure if I want to follow the sport after this competition. Too much controversy.:disapp:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don't about any of you but that's the last PENNY I will ever spend seeing ANY Russian skater again. Let Putin pay for them.

treeloving

Medalist
Kostner should win and Mao should win free skate.

I can accept if Adelina win on her tes, but her PCS, Julia PCS (with fall higher than Mao) and Gold's pcs is just :laugh:

What I'm afraid is now this extreme host inflation will be an ongoing trend (I know host always get advantage but not to this extreme).

May be it time to stop following this sport.

ladykk

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I think Sotnikova skated beautifully, but I'm not convinced that it was that much better than Yuna or Carolina. I would have been very interested to have seen how results might have changed had this been in any other country…

Layfan

Record Breaker
It's not result I expected or dreamed of but wow, congratulations to Adelina.

I enjoyed Kim Yuna more but what can you say. I'm stunned that Kim Yuna was able to pull off two clean Olympics in a row. Who does that? I'm in shock that it wasn't good enough for gold but I'll have rewatch the whole thing with calmness to see what I think.

Caro - Hurray!!!!!!!! it's a bronze but more importantly she had a terrific Olympics and really couldn't have asked more from herself. It might as well be gold.

I didn't get to see Mao but I see she moved from 16th to freaking 6th!!!! and had the third-highest FS of the night. She must have been wonderful. Did she do the 3a? Ugh, how bitter sweet, why Mao why????

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Any other Country and Sotnikova's great performances would've been handled like Nagasu of 2010, Which is what she deserves,
But she most definitely won the Bronze here and competed great,

I can't describe what i'm feeling right now, I AM in tears and feel really bad, I hope no one here makes fun of me,
I am absolutely crushed that this sport that i love could make things like this happen,
I had a dream of being a judge, But at the moment i can't find that Passion,

I adore the way Kim and Kostner are graciously dealing with this, They must have other opinions on this,
I hope they enjoy their medals.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
In four years the the Russian ladies will be in South Korea. The jury's revenge will be terrible. I hope.

hurrah

Medalist
Not only was Mao the only skater to do a triple-axel, she was the only skater to do both triple toe loop and loop as a second jump. (I really think that loop on her 3-3 should have been ratified.)

In terms of difficulty, she left all the other skaters in the dust.

I think it's true Yuna knew she wasn't going to win in Russia. She looked so calm and resigned about it, and as she is aiming to be an IOC member, she knows and accepts the politics of the organization anyway.

daphna

On the Ice
Carolina winning the bronze and not making any mistake is the highlight of the games for me. 3rd time magic after 2 ROUGH olympic experiences. she should be the flag bearer for Italy at the closing ceremonies, IMO.