2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate | Page 69 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate

kokoomuslainen

Spectator
seriously! why russian skaters were so underrated. the korean one should have been placed below mao!!! stupid program in my opinion.

in your face, haters. you should rq!!!

russia won eazy breezy gg.

ucrgirl

On the Ice
Carolina should have won. Yuna didn't seem to put enough effort into her programs to win when the others were spectacular. Not sure where I would have place Adelina . . .

ElleK

Rinkside
Russians STOLE Yuna's gold medal.
and Russians STOLE Mao's scores for one of the best FS ever!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
EVERYONE TO THE ANTIDRAMA BUNKER.

I'll bring the cookies.

All I want to do is ball up and cry!! Oh wait all I want to do is stop crying. I'm so worried for Yulia and her mental state. This is a lot to handle for a kid. Congrats to Adelina. I think she actually was the best skater in this competition and deserving. Fair podium IMO.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm very interested to see the protocols for 3 reasons:

1) The Russians: was Sotnikova given credit for her 3-3 (I'm sure the 3T was <), was Lipnitskaia called for her flutz 3-3 (which would have put Mao 5th). How many 10.00's did Sotnikova get, lol?

2) Mao's scores:Did Mao get credit for 8 triples (I'm guessing not, but I wonder what was ratified)

3) The GOE on Kim. I feel like the lutz landing made a diff, and they might have even called one of her jumps as UR with that technical score. Her spins were rather slow too.

Mafke

Medalist
Crooked result and a really unsportsmanlike live audience.

Blech. Like I need a reminder of why I hate the olympics.

Dutchie

Rinkside
Through all of this,, I have to say how happy I am for Carolina. She is showing so much class tonight and I feel bad for never having been a fan of hers until this week. She certainly deserves this medal and I'm so happy she didn't give up. She has grown into such a lovely and beautiful woman on and off the ice. This sport will miss her when she's gone

slcm9796

Spectator
I'm new here, but have been a longtime fan of FS…we're talking Dorothy Hamill & Janet Lynn. I pulled away in the last few years, disgusted with the judging and what the new system did to skating (and mourning the loss of Kwan, I admit it!). But in this Olympic year, I carefully started watching:scowl: and was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. I thought "I need to come back to this." Well, after tonight…NEVER MIND. I am so disheartened and disgusted as a fan. And Tara & Johnny…I love you guys, but really, the one with the most heart wins? What? After you just said this is a sport Tara when taking Frank Carroll's comment to task? I do agree w/them - the podium is correct, just in the wrong order. I would've been happy with Carolina or Yuna getting the gold, Adeline the bronze. Way to go figure skating…you just lost another fan who was seriously considering attending 2016 Worlds in Boston. Not going to waste my money now.:scowl:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
To all the people saying that Sotnikova got carried by judging, keep in mind that Sotnikova had a significantly more difficult program than either Kim or Kostner, with 2 triple jump combinations and better spins than either of them. She also has gotten high PCS all season long.

prettykeys

Medalist
Great Long Programs from:

Adelina Sotnikova ( G )
YuNa Kim ( S )
Carolina Kostner ( B )

and

Mao Asada

It was overall a well-skated event, I thought.

I will just leave it there. :)

Love you, YuNa!

tokugawaice

Rinkside
I'm very interested to see the protocols for 3 reasons:

1) The Russians: was Sotnikova given credit for her 3-3 (I'm sure the 3T was <), was Lipnitskaia called for her flutz 3-3 (which would have put Mao 5th). How many 10.00's did Sotnikova get, lol?

2) Mao's scores:Did Mao get credit for 8 triples (I'm guessing not, but I wonder what was ratified)

3) The GOE on Kim. I feel like the lutz landing made a diff, and they might have even called one of her jumps as UR with that technical score. Her spins were rather slow too.

Sotnikova got 0 10s actually

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Oh, finally the forum works again.

Congratulations to Adelina, but I think Yuna deserved the gold medal, or, at least, the difference between them should have been smaller. Great competition, lots of beautiful programs. The ladies delivered!