2014 Japan Open | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2014 Japan Open

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
US Ladies had better improve this year or they are going to be left in the dust. Polina has a real chance to be number 1 at the end of the GP season if Gracie and Ashley don't get it together.

mermaid

On the Ice
Country
Belarus
Ashley's reaction in the K&C is priceless! Just getting the scores and leaving!
After all that she talked about the disgraceful Russian audience. She should look at herself really...

inskate

On the Ice
Kanako needs a triple triple combination

Not really... She removed 3Lz from her programs, so now the layout she used here is actually the most point-efficient - by doing 2A in combination with 3T it receives better GoE-factoring. I miss her old layout, though - I prefer a 7 triple program with a flutz from a 6 triple program without one... Plus, in the new layout she can no longer do her signature 3S-2L-2L combo. :(

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Kanako is a headcase.

Huh? :unsure:
Despite the fact that 'headcase' is a pretty harsh word in general, Kanako surely isn't one. She has UR issues that often catch up to her, but that's a general technical problem, not a consistency thing. She surely isn't less consistent than the average girl right now, if Kanako is a headcase, so are Mao, Akko, Carolina, Gracie, Ashley, Adelina, Liza... well, pretty much everyone except Yuna and maybe Julia, Elena and Satoko.

Of course, I can't watch the majority of the videos - stupid music rights :mad:
But for Patty, Lena and Satoko: :love:
This program suits PChan really well! The outfit is lame, but it was probably just for this one competition, so who cares. He looked in great shape though, so much speed and power!
And Elena is just lovely. Keeping my fingers crossed she'll manage to skate like that the whole season. Go Elena!!

Meoima

Match Penalty
^the problem with Kanako is that I don't know if she is competitive enough. She can fix her jumps IMO, but from what I've heard she doesn't look like she want to continue much longer after this season. At this moment I haven't seen any improvement from her (jumps, not really).
Her choreoraphy and the music cuts are just... :unsure: I mean now I think I should have treasured Gracie's POTO a week ago.
I think if she tries harder for the next quad, she can be more competitive. But it seems she only tries for her final season. I am not sure.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
^the problem with Kanako is that I don't know if she is competitive enough. She can fix her jumps IMO, but from what I've heard she doesn't look like she want to continue much longer after this season. At this moment I haven't seen any improvement from her (jumps, not really).
Her choreoraphy and the music cuts are just... :unsure: I mean now I think I should have treasured Gracie's POTO a week ago.
I think if she tries harder for the next quad, she can be more competitive. But it seems she only tries for her final season. I am not sure.

None of that is making her a headcase though.
And I can't watch the video, so I can't speak for this performance, but IMO, Kana had some of the best programs from the last quad. Fixing her jumps isn't that easy either I guess.
And if she wants to quit after this season, I'd be very sad, but it's her right to do so. That's not a bad thing itself either.

Trewyn

Medalist
Wow, I think Ashley has reason to be upset about how she was judged; I would estiimate an average -2 on every jump, never getting a level higher than 2 on spins. The elements often didn't look as crisp and clean as they should be, but this seems overkill to me.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm watching the videos now, and the program that impressed me the most so far has been... ashley's :p I'm sad for all those URs but the performance itself wasn't a bad one at all and this program is just completely different from everything else we're seeing righ now and from what she did in the past, too, it almost looks like an EX program. You can see that she's really trying hard to connect to the music and feel it, this is really a difficult music to skate to and I got the impression that she needs a lot more time to be able to "handle" the choreography and go through the program without making it seem an "emotional marathon", but I see great potential (and some crossovers too many... :biggrin: )

Meoima

Match Penalty
None of that is making her a headcase though.
And I can't watch the video, so I can't speak for this performance, but IMO, Kana had some of the best programs from the last quad. Fixing her jumps isn't that easy either I guess.
And if she wants to quit after this season, I'd be very sad, but it's her right to do so. That's not a bad thing itself either.
Her POTO is even worse choice than Gracie's IMO.

MalloryArcher

On the Ice
Is anyone else having trouble watching Anna Pog's program? I keep getting a video not available message on youtube. Wonder if it's a music copyright issue?

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I'm prouf of Mirai!! She did attack her program and execute all her element! She deserved a better score for that skating :) And, I'm happy that she prove to USFS that she beat for a second consecutive time Ashley Wagner :p

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Her POTO is even worse choice than Gracie's IMO.
I'm sad it actually is... The choreography here and there is just :bang: I'm afraid this POTO season is going to mean that we will be watching some of the worst POTOs ever :cry:

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I'm prouf of Mirai!! She did attack her program and execute all her element! She deserved a better score for that skating :) And, I'm happy that she prove to USFS that she beat for a second consecutive time Ashley Wagner :p

But, after watching Wagner, I must say that I feel really bad for her and Mirai, both of them should have score higher. I can understand why they looks upset with their score :cry:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm sad it actually is... The choreography here and there is just :bang: I'm afraid this POTO season is going to mean that we will be watching some of the worst POTOs ever :cry:
I am afraid at the end of the season, we might have to make a pool of which program is the worst POTO ever. :unsure: