2022-23 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblade

On the Ice
Canadian senior ice dance

Nikolas Wamsteeker is retiring to be an Air Force pilot, Haley Sales is going to continue pursuing ice dance. Good luck to them!

Just want to celebrate here the ice dancing career of Sales/Wamsteeker. Really liked the vibe of this team; good energy, great lines and wonderful on-ice connection. Although I feel like they have plenty more that they can accomplish, Nikolas has serious dreams that shouldn't be denied. Can't get enough of these two and hope that they continue to skate in shows, schedules permitting. Audiences will show them the love. Canadian ice dancing is no joke in terms of depth of talent.

Best wishes to them both and thanks for your contribution to competitions. You were a great team to watch on the ice!

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
sad to hear about their retirement. anybody have thoughts?
I've known both of them for years now and will definitely miss seeing their smiling faces at the rink, and happy to call them both friends. They are super passionate about the sport and it was great to see them move up in the sport. I know they still plan being on the ice, but they're both full time students so makes training hard.

theblade

On the Ice
U.S. Juniors Pham/Rogers have split, per their Instas. Achieved quite a bit in their partnership while active students. Lots of good things from this team. Skated very well this year.

Would not be surprised to see Vanessa try with Jeffrey Chen. Will see what Johnathan does.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
er, can you list their category and first names? I have to admit I've never heard of them.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Another Irishman retiring this season:

Here's Sam's original post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqAyXSZoKbV/

Another of my kids retiring. :cry:

But, this one has extra significance because, like me, Sam is from Northern Ireland.

After Jenna McCorkell retired, the honour of being our top skater competing on the international circuit passed to Sam. And he has done us proud.

Now, the baton passes to Sam's training mate, Dillon Judge. And I look forward to see how he gets on with both Sam and Margaret in his corner.

Dillon ages out of Juniors at the end of this season. So, don't worry, the retirements of both Conor and Sam will not mean that Ireland is left with nobody to compete in the Senior Men's category. Dillon will be able to come in and fill the void.

I wish Sam all the best for the future.

Thank you for everything, Sam.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

CrazyKittenLady

Thanks for skating, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Is it true that Slovenia's Dasa Grm announced her retirement after Worlds?
Someone told me they read it on twitter, and checking her insta, the comments on her latest post sound a bit like it. But I haven't found anything official from Dasa herself.

CrazyKittenLady

Thanks for skating, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
According to Twitter news, Slovenia's Dasa Grm announced her retirement in Saitama.
Farewell Dasa and thanks for skating all these years! I will miss you and your beautifully (self-)choreographed programs.
cray2.gif

Dragon Trophy will never be the same anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.