New Johnny Q & A is up September, 2005 | Golden Skate

New Johnny Q & A is up September, 2005

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
I asked him how he feels about Stephane Lambiel.

Joe

And I asked him what quetion he would like to answer but nobody ever asks him. I also asked him if the spins came as quickly as the jumps. It is interesting to me that he is such a good spinner but says he hates to spin.

Also got my Blades on Ice issue with the great article on Johnny. He speaks about his father, in a very nice way.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh Golly some of the questions they asked him, :rofl: :rofl: Boxers or briefs?? :rofl: :rofl:

Other men's program for myself would be Yagudin's "Revolutionary Etude" short program, and Plushenko's "Nijinski" free program.

I would be in seventh heaven if he did both of those programs. :love: :love:

Dee

emma

Record Breaker
I really love Johnny's responses to these questions...he can be thoughtful, articulate, self and skating critical (which is what I most love), humorous (including laughing at himself)....talks about his competitors...he's interesting.

I must say a lot of people criticized Plushy's Nijinksy, particularly all the stopping/posing....but I really loved it...now Weir skating it...that could be wonderful!

That he doesn't like spinning is so interesting to me....but he spins well, that's for sure! He also has such beautiful jumps....ok, i'll stop gushing on his technique (but it is really :love: :love: :love: !!!)

76olympics

On the Ice
I don't know about the rest of you--but I want to read that book (when he writes it , that is!). Not that I want him to retire anytime soon--but I think that will be a book to remember! His skating style is not completely my cup of tea, but I like him more and more as I read more of his interviews. He is really articulate and seems to be a person who is very comfortable in his skin. He seems to connect with the questions and the fans in a sincere fashion.

I think he would be happy to know that I feel that he is the antithesis of phony (this seems to be anathema to him).

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
76olympics said:
I don't know about the rest of you--but I want to read that book (when he writes it , that is!). Not that I want him to retire anytime soon--but I think that will be a book to remember! His skating style is not completely my cup of tea, but I like him more and more as I read more of his interviews. He is really articulate and seems to be a person who is very comfortable in his skin. He seems to connect with the questions and the fans in a sincere fashion.

I think he would be happy to know that I feel that he is the antithesis of phony (this seems to be anathema to him).

His interview in this months Blades on Ice is wonderful. Page after page of Johnny talking about all kinds of stuff. I will be first in line to buy the autobiography. Heck, I'll be first in line to buy the children's book he's working on with Sarah Brannan :laugh:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
emma said:
ok, i'll stop gushing on his technique (but it is really :love: :love: :love: !!!)
Don't stop, go on and on!!! :clap: :clap: I hope this new season is the best for him. I just love him!! Again, I will say when he starts the straight line footwork in Otonal, my heart skips a few beats.

Dee

pollyls

Rinkside
emma said:
I really love Johnny's responses to these questions...he can be thoughtful, articulate, self and skating critical (which is what I most love), humorous (including laughing at himself)....talks about his competitors...he's interesting.

:clap: SO refreshingly unscripted. He's so cool. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he's come up with for this season!

I wonder how his statements about not being friends with his competitors works with the friendship he had with Tim Goebel last season, and the "pact" he said they made that they would both have great years.

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
pollyls said:
:
I wonder how his statements about not being friends with his competitors works with the friendship he had with Tim Goebel last season, and the "pact" he said they made that they would both have great years.

Yes. And the really nice thing that he said about Evan. I can't remember if that was the Q & A or the Blades on Ice interview. He said that no matter what happens over the years and which one of them beats the other, he will always remember the kindness that Evan showed him after that disaster of a Nationals in 2003 when he was just about in shock after his performance with falls and need to withdraw. He said Evan was the first to give him a hug and told Johnny that he would be back next year and he would be great. :clap: Great sportsmanship Evan

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
mmscfdcsu said:
He said Evan was the first to give him a hug and told Johnny that he would be back next year and he would be great. :clap: Great sportsmanship Evan
Thanks for posting that about Evan, my respect level just went up for him. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dee