What kind of tights do you like skaters to wear? | Golden Skate

What kind of tights do you like skaters to wear?

lulu

Final Flight
I prefer the in the boot.
I agree-over the boot makes the foot look huge, and to the ankle/heel are just awkward looking (IMO).

Longhornliz

Final Flight
For me it depends on the costume... sometimes I think we benefit from seeing one long line with an over the boot tight. But to me in the boot is the most traditional and pleasing.

Peggy

On the Ice
I like over the boot tights. It gives the legs a long clean line that enhances the costume and the skating itself.
I was watching dancing with the stars and noticed the ladies had heels on the same color as their feet and sometimes it was hard to tell they had any shoes on.

S

SkateFan4Life

I think it depends upon a variety of factors, including the skater's body build and the costume. Personally, I'm not overly fond of the over-the-boot tight, as I think it enlarges the size of the boot, from a visual standpoint. Maybe some skaters are more comfortable in one of these styles, and if so, that's what they should wear.

Spirit

On the Ice
This thread is so much less interesting than the topic made it sound. :p

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
in the boot or over the boot... the to the heel looks like they rushed and forgot to either put it in the boot or pull it all the way over lol

Spirit said:
This thread is so much less interesting than the topic made it sound. :p
Yes and no. If you click on "in the boot" you can see one of the all-time pretty pictures of Michelle. :love:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Over the boot, generally. Skate boots simply don't really match any costumes they're under the way a shoe could match a dance dress, plus (and I prefer to wear them myself for this reason) the overboot makes legs look that much longer. And honestly to me the optical illusion of a white boot makes the foot look larger than tan boots or tights over the boot. If not overboot, definitely in the boot--I agree with those who think the heel type just look like someone forgot to either put it in or put it out!

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
In the boot. I like the clean, classic look of the white boots. Though I have been known to wear over the boot tights for tests when my boots were old and scruffy and I didn't feel like polishing them!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I prefer either in the boot over to the heel. I find over the boot makes the skaters feet look HUGE, the to the ankle style makes their legs look short, and the stirrup is kind of young-looking.[/QUOTE]

Great pictures. Being a former figure skater and from the old school of figure skating, I prefer in the boot. However, there are times a skater wants to cover their boots - in a show for example. I think for judging purposes, skaters should try to keep it simple and not distracting. The judges look at the skaters feet. The rule of thumb used to be: tights in the boot, laces tucked in, skates clean and polished, blades sharp. Appearance goes along ways with judges.

Good topic

diver chick

On the Ice
I much prefer them to be in the boot! Much cleaner look I think, although there are certain skaters where I find myself thinking 'actually the tights over the boot don't look too bad' Two that come to mind are Sasha, probabaly because she has such tiny feet and points her toes so well that it would be hard to make them look big and clunky, and Irina Lobacheva is another one, but I think that is because she has quite long legs anyway and always had nice coloured tights.

Given the choice I would have the tights in the boots, followed by tights over the boot and way out behind is tan coloured boots as they never seem to match the shade of the tights and don't do what they are supposed to do which is lengthen the leg line IMO.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had always applauded Michelle for wearing the "in the boot" until she did "THIS" and I think that look was TERRIBLE.

Dee