What kind of tights do you like skaters to wear? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What kind of tights do you like skaters to wear?

CDMM1991

Medalist
Dee4707 said:
I'll show them my fat ankle look???

Dee

I think it said in an article somewhere that she had to wear two pairs of tights because the arena in Moscow was very cold. Still ... bad choice Michelle :no:

IndieBoi

On the Ice
I actually like over the boots... It elongates the limbs which is nice as most of these girls are so tiny. It's also more pleasing IMO as the boots seem to disappear when the skater spins.

FreeKatie

On the Ice
In the boot only - all the other forms of hosiery should be banned and punishable by death if used. not attractive

jesslily

Final Flight
It depends on each skater's style and the program style. Michelle always show her boots. I think it's good choice for her. Sasha mostly wear the tights covering the boots. It's very suitable for her. Generally the skaters who are more artistic but do not have super long long legs should wear tights covering boots. And the skaters who are more athletic style should show their boots. But for skaters who have long arms and legs such as Carolina K. and Victoria V. should wear tights not covering boots.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I think it is easier to see edging in skaters with the tights inside of the boots. I have always thought that skaters who wear tights over the boots do so to draw attention away from what is going on below the ankles.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Piel said:
I have always thought that skaters who wear tights over the boots do so to draw attention away from what is going on below the ankles.

That explains why Cohen favors the over-the boot variety!

gkelly

Record Breaker
I was just at a competition waiting to get on the ice (wearing over-the-boot tights). Another of the competitors in my group looked around and said "I'm the only one not wearing over-the-boot tights." Her coach must have thought she was bothered by not matching everyone else or having the "wrong" tights, because he said "That's minor" and changed the subject to talking about her skating.