johnny is landing quads in practice... | Golden Skate

johnny is landing quads in practice...

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
here's a quote from the article:

"But it was before his run-through that Weir really caught the eye of the few media members in attendance. Weir was practicing a quadruple toe loop -- a jump he's never attempted in major competition -- as part of a three-jump combination, and his attempts were impressive. The first time, he did a quad toe-triple toe-double toe, and fully rotated (but two-footed) the quad. On his next attempt at that jumping pass, Weir did a quad toe-triple toe-triple toe, and all jumps were landed cleanly."

and the link: http://www.nbcolympics.com/figureskating/5095143/detail.html

i hope if he keeps landing them clean, he decides to go for it. but johnny will be johnny and he will do what he wants, not what i want. :D best of luck to all the olympic athletes.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope he goes for the quad it is clean and wonderful. Keeping my fingers crossed for Johnny.

Dee

Justafan

On the Ice
He's had the quad for a while..just never does it in competition. If he has a 4/3/3 and decides to do it, that would be awesome if he does it clean. The caption under the pic said his spins look faster than at Nats.

S

SkateFan4Life

I hope Johnny lands the quad in his short program and his long program, if at all possible. He needs that extra technical content to get the kind of marks that could propel him to the podium.

Go for it, Johnny!

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Thanks! It's very good to hear that Johnny is landing quad combinations so well. I'm happy for him. Whatever he decides to include or not include in his actual competition skate, he is my favorite male eligible skater, and I look forward to watching him, medals or no medals. He's the one. Have a blast, Johnny! ;)