Norman KECK GER
Aaron VAYS ISR
Edwin SIKOWSKI POL
Gordei GORSHKOV RUS
Manuel LEGAZ ESP
Nikolai BONDAR UKR
Austin KANALLAKAN USA
Curran OI USA

I think KANALLAKAN and OI have an excellent shot to medal. They both have skated well at summer competitions. I'm not sure about any of the others, and there are lots of newbies in this group.

LADIES
Armine STAMBULTSYAN ARM
Kerstin FRANK AUT
Amelie PIERRE BEL
Diane SZMIETT CAN
Kathryn KANG CAN
Joyce CHANG TPE
Olga IKONNIKOVA EST
Elena MUHHINA EST
Sofia OTALA FIN
Caroline DELOME SENSAT FRA
Laura DUTERTRE FRA
Vinciane FORTIN FRA
Jenna SYKEN ISR
Stefania BERTON ITA
Debora SACCHI ITA
Stasia RAGE LAT
Nathalie Van UFFELEN NED
Maria ARTEMIEVA RUS
Sonia LAFUENTE ESP
Megan HYATT USA
Ashley WAGNER USA

(Both Korean ladies and one of the Finnish ladies disappeared from the roster last week).

I think the US ladies have a good shot. Other possible medalists: one of the Estonian ladies, Laura Dutertre, maybe a Canadian lady. There are lots of brand new Russian ladies debuting in the JGP this season. All are pure unknowns.

ICE DANCE
MAKSIMOVA / MAISTROV BLR
CHONG / BARNES CAN
KNIPPEL / DOLEMAN CAN
BLANC / BOUQUET FRA
BROUILLE / RICHAUD FRA
ROUZET / RUMI FRA
BRALL / GIESEN GER
PAJARDI / CARUSO ITA
GARKUSINA / SITIK LAT
BUDNER / MOSCICKI POL
ANTIPOVA / KUDASHEV RUS
BOBROVA / SOLOVIEV RUS
AGAFONOVA / DUN UKR
BOSLEY / CORONA USA
HUBBELL / HUBBELL USA

I expect Bobrova/Soloviev on the podium, one US team (probably the Hubbells) and either Chong/Barnes or a French team.

Nigel

On the Ice
MEN
I think KANALLAKAN and OI have an excellent shot to medal. They both have skated well at summer competitions.

LADIES
(Both Korean ladies and one of the Finnish ladies disappeared from the roster last week).
I think the US ladies have a good shot. Other possible medalists: one of the Estonian ladies, Laura Dutertre, maybe a Canadian lady. There are lots of brand new Russian ladies debuting in the JGP this season. All are pure unknowns.

Lots of unknowns in all the disciplines but....We agree with ChuckM....Kanallakan and Oi have had good summer events with solid performances in the Mens group. US Ladies...Wagner had a very good outing at the Jr Ladies events at Liberty back in July, while Hyatt has had up and down performances this summer at Milwaukee, Detroit and Dupage, but perhaps she is now geared up for France. Dance....it is anyone's guess.