Thru the Years... | Golden Skate

Thru the Years...

Linny

Final Flight
The holiday specials gave us all an opportunity to see some skaters we've all been watching through the years...

Is it possible that Ekatarina Gordeeva just gets more and more beautiful?

Wouldn't you love to know how Caryn Kadavy keeps that lean figure? And how about those abs!

Will Yuka ever take anything but stunning soft steps? Wonder how she feels, having been at the vanguard of this huge figure skating Renaissance in Japan?

Don't you think Mike Weiss is much more appealing as a pro skater, performing real numbers instead of the goofy exhibition numbers he did as an eligible?

Seems to me like Kyoko Ina and John Zimmerman relate better with each other now than they did in years past... perhaps their new lives on the road wear well on them.

Wasn't it marvelous, seeing Naomi Lang and Peter Tchernyshev skating together professionally? Don't they just bring something so special to the ice?

And, speaking of ice dancers, did my eyes deceive me? Was that Elizabeth Punsalan and Jerod Swallow in one of the holiday specials? And with that same great sparkle?

Here's one - she was never my favorite skater, but I saw her in a recent holiday special and found that jazz music really suits her. I actually enjoyed her and felt like she had worked hard to get back into skating shape and was pleased and proud to be out there. Her joy was contageous. Know who I mean? Nancy Kerrigan!

So, anyone else have some impressions of skaters you've been watching through the years?

Linny

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
And, speaking of ice dancers, did my eyes deceive me? Was that Elizabeth Punsalan and Jerod Swallow in one of the holiday specials? And with that same great sparkle?
Yep, Country on Ice.
Here's one - she was never my favorite skater, but I saw her in a recent holiday special and found that jazz music really suits her. I actually enjoyed her and felt like she had worked hard to get back into skating shape and was pleased and proud to be out there. Her joy was contageous. Know who I mean? Nancy Kerrigan!
I love hearing Jazz with skating. I wish it was excepted more as suitable for the judges pallets.

Form my perspective, not really knowing the "ins and outs" of FS until recently, I love seeing the past skaters and enjoy these shows immensely. I have only seen one or two I would consider silly - I still "like" but.. - and Michael Wiess was one, the 70s routine with the Afro wig. And not so fond of the "special blades" he does the one version of a spread eagle with. But he is standing out to me now as to never before - whatever the reason.

All the ladies - well I am still a sap after all - seem so beautiful, some even more then before.

Kurt is still the only guy though that i find as captivating as the ladies. Everything about that guy I like (including I have a full head of hair :laugh: j/k) it seems like he just didn't ever slow down and his love - as well as the others - for FS just grows.

Personally I like the "cheesy stuff" for my own liking, but I do like the fact I am seeing less from all levels of the sport. A little goes a long way IMO and the classy aspect seems to be more prevalent to me than in the past - just from the performance POV.

Anyhoo, yes. I love it and feel like FS is not going anywhere, just getting a Slight revamp that these shows I believe help influence choreography at the least throughout the sport.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kurt's still the best... Brian Boitano still smooth as ever... I love Yuka, end of story...

I'm excited to see Mike find his way in the pro ranks...

but really, I miss the golden age of pro skating... wish that time could return...