Kimmie stars in Superbowl commercial | Golden Skate

Kimmie stars in Superbowl commercial

Nice for Kimmie.

I wouldn't compare it to bigotted Wheaties General Mills who refused to put Greg Louganis on the Wheaties Box.

Joe

sillylionlove

Medalist
this might also be good for figure skating as the Super Bowl and the commercials are the most watched thing on television!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: Go Kimmie!
When Under Armour confirmed that the heavy advertising spending -- including the pricey Super Bowl ad -- would cut earnings in the first half of the year to 3 cents to 5 cents a share, its stock price plummeted nearly $15 in two days, erasing nearly 35 percent of the company's market value. The stock has since recovered some to close at $36.30 yesterday.
No doubt the recovery began when they announced that Kimmie would be the spokesperson!

So, should I buy or sell my Under Armour stock? A risky move, indeed, forging into Nike territory. Kimmie versus LeBron James!

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
Uhhh - Am I missing something here? I saw nothing about Kimmie in the entire text. Are you sure this is the correct link?

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Uhhh - Am I missing something here? I saw nothing about Kimmie in the entire text. Are you sure this is the correct link?

The first Kimmie mention is in the 29th paragraph.

"Under Armour is keeping details of the Super Bowl commercial under wraps but said it would star skater Kimmie Meissner, Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, NASCAR champ Carl Edwards and former Dallas Cowboys player Eric "Big E" Ogbogu."

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
yes, kimmie has been doing under armor commercails for the past few years. Nice that she will get the superbowl publicity. I hope she is training well and skates better at worlds.

Lonewolf

On the Ice
I watched most of the Super Bowl, but never saw Kimmie's commercial. I missed some of the beginning. Did anyone see her commercial and if so when did it appear?

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
It aired near the beginning of the game so you probably missed it. It was cool to see Kimmie in the commercial, especially for such a big night of TV. :)

dizzydi7

On the Ice
"Stars" in the superbowl commercial. Geez, unless one is a figure skating fan, she would not even be noticed in the commercial.

Dizzy

GoldMedalist

Match Penalty
I knew this was BS from the beginning. Someone like Kimmie Meissner does not star in a Superbowl commercial.

Also, I don't ever remember even seeing the commercial during the Superbowl?

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I knew this was BS from the beginning. Someone like Kimmie Meissner does not star in a Superbowl commercial.

Also, I don't ever remember even seeing the commercial during the Superbowl?

The commercial was shown during the early parts of the game and she was shown at least twice, maybe three times overall during the commercial. It wasn't just her in it either. There were several other sports folks in the commercial (I know one of the Orioles younger players was in it along with one of the Ravens players) but she was in there and you could tell it was her if you realized quickly that the 'UA' symbol that they kept showing stood for 'Under Armor' to give you a heads up that it was the right commercial.