The New York Primary | Golden Skate

The New York Primary

I got to the voting locale early and it was flooded with WOMEN. Does that tell me Hilary will win the District that I vote in?

Joe

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Well, according to CNN exit polls, in NY while Clinton did much better among women than among men, she still won among men (among men, it was 50% Clinton/ 45% Obama; among women - 62% Clinton/ 36% Obama). As far as race is concerned, Obama got 61% of black, 37% of white, and just 26% of Hispanic vote. However, when you factor in age, it gets more interesting. For the under-30 crowd, Obama got 63% of white vote (too few young blacks voted to created meaningful statistics).

Personally, I prefer Clinton on the democratic side (I voted in the Republican primary), but it has nothing to do with gender; in fact, I started off being far more hostile to her candidacy. In general, I see Obama as a bigger demagogue, and I think we've seen enough of that in Washington.

I think nationally, the Men went for the Man, and you know the rest.

Racially. more whites went for Obama (mostly men) than blacks went for Clinton. At least on CBS news.

btw, the New York media (except the Times) are more cordial to Obama than Clinton.

Joe